Your Words

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nayoung hears multiple knocks coming from their front door. She glances up her wall clock and notices that it reads 10:11 am. She remembers that Sejeong contacted Minkyung, Yaebin, Kyungwon and Yewon last night, telling them that Nayoung is ready to tell them all about her plan.

 

Is she really ready?

 

It’s been 5 days ever since their “scheming” that happened in the very living room of her tiny and shared apartment with Sejeong. And to be honest, Nayoung hasn’t had any proper sleep the entire time for she keeps thinking about the possible outcomes of her actions. Instead of taking down notes during class, she finds herself drafting in her journal, making sure that everything’s perfect. Jieqiong’s really got a grip on her, a really tight one and it’s hard to break free. Even if she does try, well, she really won’t try to.

 

Nayoung has hereby concluded that she has already give in to the charms of a certain Chinese girl and her cute little nose scrunch that she can’t get enough of.

 

She’s still on that phase when she’s trying to grasp the entire concept of asking someone out. It sounds complex actually, in Nayoung’s case, for it is her first time asking a certain someone out. This is not just a certain someone; this is Zhou Jieqiong we’re talking about. Zhou. Jieqiong. The girl she met not so long ago. The girl who’s got one heck of an angelic smile that can make the world stop and look at her smile. The girl that makes her heart and mind go crazy and go in an all-out war. The girl who just seem to be perfect in every way with the way how her eyes seemed to sparkle and how she just seem to be so damn perfect without even trying.

 

Nayoung, of course, being the over thinker that she is, thinks of all the worst case scenarios that might happen if she goes through with it. But she’s positive Nayoung now so she pushes all those doubts away. Also she thinks that maybe, just maybe, she’ll just see this one through.

 

Nayoung grabs the door knob and opens the door to see Minkyung, Yaebin, Kyungwon and Yewon on the other side. She opens the door and steps to the side to let everyone inside.

 

“Hey.”, Sejeong greets them and it sounded like she’s struggling over something and is out of breath, making it sound like a croak.

 

As soon as the girls step inside and they are about to greet Sejeong back, they noticed Sejeong on the far corner of the living room, on her knees and has her arms raised above her head, her hands closed into fists. She also has books, four to five thick books to be exact, on her lap and two books placed on top of her head.

 

Yewon audibly gasps as she notices how her sister is in a difficult situation. She turns to Nayoung as if to ask what is going on. Nayoung looks at Sejeong who seems to be faltering a bit from her position, but still manages to put on a smile on her face despite her being in a torture-ish situation.

 

“Yah. Keep yourself in position before I add another hour.”, Nayoung sternly says when she notices Sejeong’s arms getting a bit wobbly.

 

Sejeong smiles sheepishly at her before getting her hands straightened out. She heaves a sigh, then concentrates again for she knows that if one book falls out of place, she’s going to be in deeper trouble.

 

Nayoung then turns to Yewon who has an expression that clearly shows sympathy towards her suffering sister. Her heart aches at the sight but then she thought that Sejeong does deserve this type of punishment for everything that she’s done to her. Another part of her brain tells her that it is not enough to compensate from her grave sins.

 

“She deserves that, Yewon. You should be aware of all the crimes your sister has committed.”, Nayoung informs her.

 

Yewon turns to look at Sejeong’s situation then back to Nayoung, tears about to form in her eyes, “How long has she been doing that?”

 

Nayoung glances on the wall clock, “About a couple of hours now. So far, she hasn’t done anything to add another hour.”

 

Yaebin then butts in, “Wow. I like this brutality. We should totally hang out sometime, Nayoung-unnie. Teach me your ways.”

 

Kyungwon also adds, “Yaebin and I are willing to learn your ways. Teach us, senpai! We need fresher torture ideas for our Minky and you seem like a master on this form of art.”

 

“You two better take back what you just said before I give you two weeks of community service.”, Minkyung threatens.

 

“We were just joking!”, the two Kangs immediately quips before shoving each other using their shoulders, whispering things that are in between the lines of “It’s your fault.” And “You’re the one who started it.”

 

“Whipped.”, Sejeong mutters under her breath, still maintaining a straight position to prevent the books on her head from falling.

 

Yewon has this puppy look in her face, pretty much similar to Sejeong’s version, the one that makes your heart melt and makes you regret things that you have done and haven’t done, and of course, being the natural and secret softie that Nayoung is, she releases a sigh before signaling Sejeong that she can stop.

 

Sejeong releases a sigh of relief, dropping the books on her head in the process and Yewon immediately runs to her side, immediately asking her if she’s okay and what she’s done, but instead of answering, Sejeong just ruffles her sister’s hair with a smile and tells her that she’s fine and she deserves what happened. Yewon looks like she’s about to cry but eventually, she slowly nods with a pout visible on her lips. Yewon helps Sejeong stand up, Sejeong stretching a bit and she can now feel the pain in every fiber of her being. Yewon picks up the books and places them on the coffee table.

 

Minkyung then steps up, “Now, since we all got things to do. Let’s get to our main agenda for today.”

 

She looks at Nayoung and Nayoung pulls out a piece of paper from her pocket and gives it to Minkyung. Minkyung skims over her notes, nodding her head once in a while, as if agreeing to every content written on the paper.

 

“Hmm. Pretty interesting outline you got here. Detailed, well-thought of. Yewon’s suggestion of just letting you plan this is quite a good plan.”, she comments after reading what’s written on the paper, Kyungwon reading over her shoulder and Yaebin trying to read as well but is somehow struggling considering her height difference from Minkyung.

 

Minkyung continues, a hand on her chin, “Though you missed one teeny tiny detail. And I do hope you’re not going to be mad at what I’m going to do.”

 

Nayoung looks at her, confused, but nods anyways. Minkyung then takes a hold of the paper with both her hands and slowly rips it onto half, and then another and then another until their just bits of paper. Nayoung’s mouth hangs open, she can feel her rage bubbling inside of her. She worked for days for that plan and she can’t believe that she just watched it getting ripped to pieces right in front of her eyes.

 

“Allow me to explain.”, Minkyung puts a hand on Nayoung’s shoulder and looks at her straight in the eyes. “I don’t think you need a perfect outline on what you should do. Just follow what it says in here.”, she points to Nayoung’s head, “And in here.”, she points to Nayoung’s chest.

 

“I’m sure you’ll be just fine if you follow whatever is going on in those two things where I pointed at.”

 

Everything that my mind and my heart contain is written on that paper...

 

Nayoung just heaves a sigh, still thinking that she’ll push through with this as she nods her head. Another thought forms in her head but Kyungwon speaks for her.

 

“Then why did we tell her to plan this out if you’re just going to ruin everything?”

 

My thoughts exactly!

 

“I’m weird. I’m complicated. I mean, we all are.”, Minkyung shrugs. “Now let’s get this plan in action so that we can all go back to our normal lives.”

 

Sejeong smirks, “”Operation: Get Im Nayoung to confess to Zhou Jieqiong because she needs to get these feelings out before she regrets them” is now in full swing!”

 

“Why do you name things in such a weird passion?”, Yaebin remarks.

 

“Because, my dear friend, that’s what we all are.”, Sejeong gives her the widest grin.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Nayoung couldn’t help but feel all weird and nauseous for what she’s about to do. She can feel her stomach getting twisted into knots, her hands getting clammy and sweaty, her heart beating erratically in her chest (must be going for a 100 km/hr), her brain getting all scrambled up, words and phrases forming inside of it that is not making any sense to her or to anyone if they can read her thoughts (maybe Sejeong because that girl’s got weird talents) and to just sum it all up, she’s a complete, fumbling and nervous mess. She lost count of how many times she’s almost tripped herself because she’s THAT nervous.

 

You can do this. You. Can. Do. This. You won’t it up. You’ll be able to get through this. You got this.

 

She keeps chanting these words inside her head like a mantra and everything depended on it.

 

She must be in the park right now, just like what Minkyung mentioned earlier. That’s good. That place seemed to be a special one so it fits perfectly.

 

Nayoung can’t help but feel a fluttering feeling when she remembers that memory that she grew fond of. She remembers their simple talk, the smell of her shampoo, the warmth that she provides, her touch and her clinginess, and how soft Jieqiong’s lips were. These thoughts are somehow enough to give her more courage that she needs.

 

After walking a while, she sees a woman with jet-black hair, sitting on the bench where that very moment happened. She feels a familiar feeling and she knows that that is Jieqiong sitting over there. Or at least, that’s what her mind tells her. She takes in a deep breath and releases it with a sigh.

 

It’s now or never.

 

She make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter