Having a "Serious" Talk and Handling a Couple Cases of Bad Timing

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Hey Jieqiong. Open this door. You've been there for hours and you've been avoiding me as well. Can you just please tell me what I did wrong?", Eunwoo repeatedly knocks on the door of Jieqiong's room, her voice sounding a bit desperate.

 

Well, at this point, she is desperate. Ever since what happened earlier, after Jieqiong slammed the door onto her face, the girl locked herself up in her room, ignoring Eunwoo's futile attempts of apologizing to her. She still hasn't got an idea, even the slightest of idea on what she did to the younger girl and what was happening before she "rudely" interrupted the conversation of the two girls.

 

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to tell me just a little bit of information on what I did wrong because to be honest, I still have no idea why you're mad and I still have no idea what I am apologizing for.", Eunwoo trails off, placing her head on Jieqiong's door. "Well, I guess I am apologizing on behalf of my rudeness earlier but still, I know there is more to that. So can you just open this door, and hopefully we can talk about it?"

 

A moment of silence. Eunwoo can see a ray of light, hope perhaps, that Jieqiong will actually let her in.

 

"Go away.", she hears Jieqiong's slightly muffled voice.

 

Eunwoo sighs in defeat.  She spoke too soon. It is really hard to apologize to a person like Zhou Jieqiong. I guess she'll just have to wait until she cools off for a bit. She then hears footsteps from downstairs. Obviously, the footsteps came from the kitchen. She moves to see who is downstairs.

 

She stops by the doorframe of the kitchen when she realizes who they are.

 

"Well lookie who decided to show up? The legendary Jung Eunwoo!", Yebin says, her voice booming in the entire kitchen and her hands flying around.

 

"Wow, dude. You've been missing out for like what? An entire century now? Where have you been?", Kyungwon looks at her for a bit before going back to checking the contents of their fridge.

 

"Sorry. I had things to take care of.", Eunwoo informs them. "Where's Minkyung?", she asks when she notices that the older girl is missing.

 

"Oh her. She's still in campus, you know council work and all that.", Yebin tells her, sitting on the counter while she takes a bite from an apple.

 

"Ah.", she mumbles then she can feel herself getting down again, remembering what she did to Jieqiong. Yebin seems to notice how her mood suddenly turned grim so Yebin nudges the other Kang and motions for her to look at Eunwoo. Kyungwon follows her and looks at a gloomy Eunwoo.

 

"Ey, Jung. What's wrong?", Kyungwon asks, making her way to the table, sitting down on one of the chairs.

 

She motions for Eunwoo to sit beside her and the girl sighs before following her command. Yebin sits down as well, on the other side of Kyungwon.

 

Kyungwon places her hands on the table, trying to make it look like they are in a formal meeting. Yebin copies her and does the same. Kyungwon nods at Eunwoo's direction, telling her to actually speak her mind and tell her what her problem is. Eunwoo looks at the two girls then sighs.

 

She takes a deep breath, "It's Jieqiong.", she breathes out.

 

The two Kangs look at each other with wide eyes, their hands on their mouth. Eunwoo looks at them with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Don't tell me you're in love with her?!", the two blurts out at the same time.

 

Eunwoo's stress doubles. She facepalms, "What the heck? No, you two idiots. It's something else."

 

No wonder Minkyung hates them.

 

Kyungwon puts on a blank expression while mouthing an "oh". Yebin blinks a couple of times, before placing her hands on the table, cupping her chin. She looks like a kid who's about to listen to a story. Well, apparently she is about to.

 

Kyungwon clears , " Well come on now. We ain't got all day."

 

"Well, I kinda messed up today with Jieqiong.", Eunwoo starts.

 

"Psh. You always mess things up with Jieqiong.", Yebin interrupts.

 

"Shut up, younger Kang. You always mess up when it comes to Minkyung.", Eunwoo glares at Yebin.

 

Kyungwon stops the two before things get worse, "Alright, stop. Okay tell me what you did. I'm pretty sure it's not that bad."

 

Kyungwon really hopes that she really didn't do anything "that" bad.

 

Eunwoo stops glaring at Yebin and looks at Kyungwon. She sighs for the nth time and all the words come rapidly out of .

 

"Okay so I went home early today and I realized that Jieqiong and I still have a lot of things to work on. I was about to look for her when I heard two people talking. So I looked through the peephole and realized that Jieqiong is the other person while the other... I'm not really familiar with. So I went out to actually check out what was going on and I kinda had this idea that something was indeed going on. But when I asked Jieqiong about my timing, she said that it was fine and the other girl left after that. I tried asking Jieqiong what was that all about but instead of answering me, she just called me an idiot. So here I am now, desperate on knowing the answer and what the hell did I do wrong.", Eunwoo finishes her really long explanation.

 

She notices how the two girls had their hands are on their chins, rubbing it as if they are actually trying to analyze what she just said. Eunwoo waits for them to respond, tapping her fingers on the table. Kyungwon then looks at her after a long moment of thinking.

 

"Well she does have a point about the "calling you an idiot" part since you've been missing out lately. So I think you kinda deserved to be called that. And also, it has come to my attention that you can't detect sarcasm.", Kyungwon tells her and Yebin nods in agreement.

 

Eunwoo looks at them with disbelief, "Eh? It's not my fault I've been busy lately! And how can I actually tell if she's being sarcastic or not?"

 

She sighs, making an effort to actually calm her down, "Can't you just stop messing around and tell me what actually happened with Jieqiong?"

 

"You sure you're ready to know?", Yebin asks her.

 

Eunwoo rolls her eyes, "Yeah sure. Tell me." 

 

Yebin looks at Kyungwon and the latter looks back at her as well. Eunwoo just looks at the two, tapping her fingers on the table again.

 

"Well, I'm waiting."

 

"Eunwoo, for your sake, I'm going to tell you what's up. But make sure to brace yourself because this is a total shocker.", Kyungwon tells her, placing a hand on her shoulder. The older girl suddenly looks so serious.

 

Eunwoo gets a funny feeling in her stomach, making her feel all nervous. She gulps, bracing herself, following the older girl's command.

 

"Our little Jieqiong is already into someone. And that someone is Im Nayoung, a student from the Chemistry department."

 

Kyungwon tells her and Yebin makes dramatic sound effects with as well as tapping the table repeatedly. Eunwoo's eyebrows shoot up, forming an "O".

 

"Really? Wow. Never heard of this Nayoung. Can you describe her?"

 

"She's tall and slim. Probably a few centimeters taller than Jieqiong.", Yebin describes Nayoung for her.

 

"Yeah but when you compare her to Yebin's height, Yebin looks so small that she's almost microscopic when you see them together.", Kyungwon stiffles a laugh.

 

Yebin scowls at Kyungwon for a second but continues to describe Nayoung, "Has this stoic expression plastered on her face. Quite unbelievable actually, never seen a person with that kind of expression before.", she finishes and Kyungwon nods in agreement.

 

Eunwoo's forehead creases as she processes all the information given to her by Yebin. After a while of thinking and tapping on the table, fragments of ideas come flooding in her mind.

 

"Tall you say?", Eunwoo asks and Yebin nods. "Slim as well?", Yebin nods again.

 

"She's a student in our university?", she asks and Yebin sighs exasperatedly.

 

"Gosh, Nunu unnie. Do I have to repeat myself?"

 

Eunwoo's mind seem to be in overdrive since she keeps on thinking of possible conclusions to what she did to Jieqiong. Yebin and Kyungwon just eye her curiously since they've never seen Eunwoo this serious.

 

"Oh, and I think Jieqiong's planning to ask her out. I think she's supposed to do that today.", Kyungwon suddenly blurts out, breaking the silence that was starting to take over their atmosphere.

 

This statement seems to light the imaginary lightbulb in Eunwoo's head and the gears in her head start to turn. She's finally come up with a sensible reason why Jieqiong's so upset. Eunwoo suddenly turns pale. She hopes that what she's thinking as the possible reason turns out to be wrong. She hopes for the odds to be on her side, even just this once.

 

"Ask out you say?", Eunwoo squeaks, making the two Kangs focus on her.

 

"Yeah. Of course you didn't know about it since you've been gone.", Yebin snorts.

 

"Why? Did you do something wrong, Nunu? Because I can see it in your expression.", Kyungwon narrows her eyes at her, trying to read her mind.

 

Eunwoo looks away, really feeling nervous. Might as well tell them what she actually did, right? Maybe her hunch is wrong and the odds are on her side after all. Gathering all her courage and confidence that she has left, she takes a deep breath and spills the beans.

 

"Well, I may have, take note "may have",", Eunwoo says, drawing air quotes. She stops for a bit and looks at the two.

 

"I think I ruined her chances with her.", she mumbles, playing with her fingers.

 

Kyungwon looks at her, still not believing what she just heard and is trying to digest what she just heard, "What do you mean, Eunwoo? Can you please elaborate on that?"

 

Yebin rolls her eyes, she's taking this situation quite calmly, "These two unnies are dumb now."

 

"She just interrupted Jieqiong again with one of her most important moments, you know, doing that Eunwoo magic.", Yebin reveals, really making it look like she's okay with it.

 

Kyungwon's jaw drops and Eunwoo looks like she's about to cry. Her hunch was right all along.

 

"Oh my, unnie. I just ruined that for her. What do I do?", Eunwoo asks, on the verge of crying.

 

Kyungwon takes a deep breath, squeezing Eunwoo's shoulder. She thinks about it for a while. Eunwoo waits, her hands clasped together, as if she was asking the Gods for the answer to her problems. Yebin just looks at them with an eyebrow raised, contemplating on whether to leave the room or not.

 

After a brief moment, Kyungwon looks at Eunwoo with an unreadable expression. She then places both hands on the younger girl's shoulders and offers her a smile. Eunwoo smiles back, thinking that she's already come up with the solution to all her problems.

 

"Well...", Kyungwon's voice slightly fades out. She stops, probably thinking of the right things to say.

 

Then, a few seconds later, she continues, "Eunwoo, I want you to know that I'm your friend and Yebin is also a friend of yours, and you know, we're always here to help you out but..."

 

She trails off again, leaving Eunwoo hanging.

 

"You are on your own on this one.", Kyungwon stands up, giving Eunwoo a pat on the back. Eunwoo looks shocked, left hanging open. Yebin stands up as well, following Kyungwon.

 

"Unnie!", she whines, stopping the two girls from leaving. "That's not really helpful!"

 

Kyungwon looks at her, blinking a few times before placing her hands behind her head.

 

"Look, as much as I want to help but I really don't know how to get you out of this situation. So good luck with Jieqiong.", Kyungwon casually says.

 

"I think who you need in this situation is Oprah.", Yebin suggests.

 

Kyungwon snaps her fingers, "Oh yeah! Oprah!"

 

Eunwoo looks at the two, completely stupefied. "What the are you two talking about? Are you actually telling me to contact Oprah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter