One of Those Days

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Hey, Nayoung can I borrow your calculator? I think I broke mine. Again."

 

"Tsk, Sejeong. What's with you and your habit of breaking things?"

 

Nayoung shakes her head at the younger girl as she points to her room. "It's in my bag, don't mess it up."

 

Sejeong gives her a small salute before standing up and making her way to her roommate's room.

 

This is one of those days.

 

One of those days when Sejeong and Nayoung just stays inside of their little dorm room, papers and notes scattered on their little coffee table in their tiny living room. Everything turns out to be normal, nothing that is totally out of place. Nothing out of the ordinary.

 

Not until Sejeong decided to invite her little monster, brute, troll-like of a girlfriend over. Nayoung is currently too pissed off (add her current headache to that as well) to properly find enough stream of colorful nicknames and profanities to dart at the younger girl who is currently seated across her and she's too lazy to move her lazy over to one of their bookshelves to go and look for a dictionary. The said savage is actually too engrossed in what she guesses as the beast's favorite pastime. The little devil is currently watching Korean dramas, for Pete's sake! In their living room, in their private space, and what do you know? That preschooler actually had the nerve to watch it on her laptop.

 

Yep. You heard that right. Bloody little Jeon is currently watching Korean dramas on Im Nayoung's laptop. Can you believe the audacity of this nightmare of a person? Wait no. Scratch that. This living organism in her living room is not suitable to be labelled as a person, a human being.

 

Just let her go, just this one time, okay Nayoung?

 

She hears Sejeong's voice in the back of her head and she can't stop herself from mockingly copying how her roommate said it to her a few moments ago, after calling Death, embodied. Nayoung's already gotten used to her not mentioning the little and annoying barbarian's name because if she were to refer to Sejeong's love interest that way, she could have just willingly shot herself on the spot. And on the head.

 

She's actually forced to lend Sejeong her laptop since the latter broke it in the first place. Sejeong's supposed to be lending her laptop to her supposedly girlfriend but since it's broken, she's more likely obligated to lend hers. Nayoung can't really do anything about it when Sejeong flashes her her trademark puppy eyes. Nayoung's really noticing this habit of Sejeong's, breaking things like they are branches. Or pencils. Seriously it's getting to Nayoung's ne---.

 

"Can't you at least use your headphones while watching those things? Or consider decreasing the volume? It's getting annoying and some people are actually trying to live quietly here."

 

The rascal merely hums at her, still not following what she said nor looking away from the screen. Nayoung can feel her head ache ten times worse than from before, and she's starting to feel like someone just hit her on the head with a rusty, old shovel. She really wishes to herself that she can hit the aforementioned fiend with the said shovel. Nayoung audibly sighs, massaging her aching head.

 

"Nayoung.", Sejeong emerges from her room a few minutes later. Nayoung whips her head around to look at the younger girl who had books, familiar books if I may add, in her hands instead of a calculator. Typical Sejeong. Always forgetting the main purpose/objective of hers whenever something catches her attention.

 

She shows Nayoung the books in her hands, "Mind telling me why you have a Chinese to Korean dictionary in your bag as well as a "How to Ask Someone Out" manual as well? And it's in Chinese too but also has Korean translations."

 

Sejeong pauses as her eyes widen in realization, dropping open, "Oh my God, Nayoung. Are you studying Chinese? For Jieqiong?"

 

Nayoung's eyes suddenly grows wide, moving to Sejeong's side to hopefully, snatch the books away from her and maybe, just maybe, deny all of the possible assumptions that is currently forming inside Kim Sejeong's ten-gallon, air-filled head. Sejeong is quick on her feet though, immediately creating a huge distance between her and the older girl. Now they are in the kitchen, playing a game of tag around their small kitchen. The fetus in their living room seems to have suddenly lost interest in her binge watching of "Descendants of the Sun" in Nayoung's laptop and here she is now, enjoying the little "show" in the kitchen between two older women who she starts to think now are the same age as hers, because of the way they are acting. Probably even a few years younger than her. Around 8 perhaps?

 

Somi leans on the kitchen door, her arms folded over her chest, a playful smirk placed on her pink lips.

 

"This is more fascinating to watch now than that drama I'm trying to finish."

 

"Oh yeah? Glad you think that this is more fascinating to watch but I would like it if you helped me with this rampaging Stone Budd---. OH MY GOD! THAT PLATE IS NOT MADE OF PLASTIC, IM NAYOUNG! THAT WAS FREAKING MADE OF MARBLE!"

 

Sejeong exclaims as she dodges the plate that flew towards her, almost hitting her square on the head. She barely escaped that one but thank God she's got killer reflexes. The fine platter breaks onto the wooden floor of their kitchen, scattering broken marble shards on the floor. 

 

Urgh. Another mess to clean up later on.

 

If I survive this Buddha's unearthly wrath that is.

 

The scattered marble shards seems to have trapped Sejeong in one of the kitchen's corners and she notices how Nayoung's angry face, turned into a maniacal one, a scary and rather uncharacteristic smirk graces the stone's features. Sejeong knows that the older girl has the upper hand. So she gulps audibly and she can feel herself slightly shaking for she is about to witness yet again, the wrath of an angered Stone Buddha.

 

"Hey, Nayoung...", she shakily starts in an attempt to change the taller girl's mind. "We're roommates, aren't we? I'm just... You know... Messing with yah...", Sejeong lets out a shaky laugh, trying to calm her nervous nerves.

 

"Oh I'm not letting you off the hook this time, Kim Sejeong.", Nayoung says, voice laced with so much venom as she cracks her knuckles.

 

"This just started to get better and better.", Somi whoops as she watches as Nayoung grabs Sejeong and headlocks the poor short girl.

 

Sejeong immediately taps Nayoung's arm in an attempt to tell the older girl to let her breathe. Sejeong's quite surprised by Nayoung's sudden strength because she never had this much strength whenever they would have an impromptu match of arm wrestling (a habit of theirs that Sejeong would just suddenly recommend for them to do whenever the younger woman was bored). Also add the factor that the older woman never really bothered to work out. A complete waste of my time, Sejeong. Sejeong can hear Nayoung's voice in the back of her mind, reminding her of that time she asked Nayoung if she can accompany her to the university's gym which turned out to be an actual thing, much to Sejeong's surprise. 

 

Nayoung seems to be determined to kill her on the spot because she tightens her headlock. She's sure that she had killed the younger girl since she has stopped struggling and her eyes ended up being rolled up to the back of her head. Nayoung lets go with a sigh at how Sejeong's overacting and the said girl continues with her act as she coughs and pretends to be struggling with her breathing. Sejeong has a hand over her chest as she looks up at Nayoung and the older girl rolls her eyes. Nayoung notices how the books in Sejeong's hands are now missing. She sees a victorious smirk playing on the younger girl's lips whilst still in the middle of her panting.

 

Nayoung turns around and sees Sejeong's little devil holding onto them, flipping through a few pages. Okay so how did she get her hands on those? Like since when? Nayoung realizes on that very moment that the two girls are ganging up on her and she's never hated anyone this much in the entire time she's been living among these "mortals".

 

"Oh wow. I never knew this unnie is this inexperienced when it comes to dating.", Somi points out as she flips a few more pages and notices how some phrases are highlighted as well as some pages are bookmarked.

 

Nayoung moves away from Sejeong who she really wants to murder at the very moment but she has more pressing matters in hand like burying this little demon underneath the ground or better yet, send her back to hell. Sejeong has said before that Nayoung will eventually "warm up to her". Nayoung knows how Sejeong's always right about most things. But maybe, she's actually wrong with this one.

 

"Give me that now, or else.", Nayoung tries to calm herself, gritting her teeth as she does so.

 

Somi looks up at her, a blank expression etched on her beautiful face. Somi then grins at her smugly, closing the book in her hands.

 

"Or else what?", she boldly challenges, tilting her head to the side.

 

Nayoung almost blew up a fuse when she hears the tone that this escaped mental patient used on her. Before she does so though, Sejeong is already at Somi's side, grabbing the book from the younger girl.

 

"That's enough, Som.", she says rather sternly, as if she was not the person who started this mess in the first place.

 

Somi follows Sejeong's orders and gives Nayoung her books back not before flashing her one of those annoying smug grins of hers. She returns to her spot in the living room, this time, plugging in her headphones as she watches her show.

 

"I swear, if you don't put that little pet of yours on a leash, mark my words, I will.", Nayoung grits her teeth on Sejeong then looks pointedly at Somi's back.

 

"At least, this little pet of hers, doesn't have to study her dating.", Somi remarks, teasing Nayoung and indicating that she has heard Nayoung perfectly well.

 

Sejeong ends up holding an aggressive and obviously triggered Nayoung back before she can end up stabbing the younger girl with a knife that just suddenly appeared in Nayoung's hand, as she grips it with so much force. Seriously, Nayoung is performing magic tricks right in front of her, scary ones, to be honest. Instead of being amazed though, she's ends up praying for their lives instead.

 

Somi turns to them, a smile on her lips, "Whoa. Looks like someone can't really handle hardcore teasings from a certain pro named Jeon Somi."

 

That just seem to add fuel to the fire as Nayoung escapes Sejeong's grip and instead of lashing out on the younger devil that is existing in their living room, she instead moves to attempt to stab Sejeong which of course surprises Sejeong as she barely escapes yet another murder attempt from the Stone Buddha. Nayoung is fuming and Sejeong can practically see smoke coming out of her ears as she looks at her with a rather appalled and confused look.

 

"What did I do this time?!"

 

"You dated that little ! That's what!"

 

Nayoung can't handle her language anymore as well as her fury. Screw good manners and right conduct. Screw human rights and ethics. She's going to do this illegal thing but ethically right on her terms, right here, right then. She lunges another attack at Sejeong, which of course, she dodges successfully and Sejeong runs to her room and immediately locks it. She knows she should have taken Somi with her but she's running away for her dear life right now! She's sure that the younger girl will understand her current situation.

 

Sejeong makes a mental note to herself that day and just in case she forgets, she moves to her study table to scribble on a post-it note.

 

Make sure to decrease the number of kitchenware in the kitchen. You'll never know when a fuming Nayoung gets her hands on them and just suddenly attempts to murder you with it.

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

"Okay, so when will this dork stop sighing dreamily and start noticing that she's currently losing in this Jenga game?"

 

Siyeon points out as she uses the Jenga block in her hand that she has recently removed from the mid-layer of the stacks to point at a certain Chinese girl who just seems to be spacing out, then suddenly giggling to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter