Flashback of the Good 'ol Times [Part 2]

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"YAH KIM SEJEONG! That's not what happened!", Nayoung screams and hits Sejeong upside the head.

 

Sejeong hisses, "Wow Nayoung, you've become so violent these past few years that we've been together. I'm impressed.", Sejeong playfully smiles even though she was obviously in extreme pain.

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes, "If you're going to tell me such lies, then I'm going to my room."

 

"What lies? How can you be so sure that I was lying?"

 

Nayoung blankly stares at her, "Sejeong. You did not save me from a pack of hungry wolves and most certainly did not push me off the road when a car was about to run me over. Stop overexaggerating things." Nayoung rolls her eyes yet again and moves to hit Sejeong again but she was quick on her feet and jumps a few feet away from Nayoung with her hands up.

 

"Okay! Okay! Jeez, you're really scary. How would you tell it then?"

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes for the nth time and moves to go to her room. " I don't have time for this."

 

"If you don't, I'm going to let them visit again~", Sejeong sing-songs which causes Nayoung to stop on her tracks. She turns around and sighs, "Fine. I'm telling.", she mumbles in defeat and sits beside Sejeong again. Sejeong claps with so much glee and had a -eating grin on her face.

 

"Why do I have to do this again?

 

"Because I just want to remember how the two of us met, when you entered my life and how you changed it.", Sejeong remarks, wiggling her eyebrows.

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes for the gazillionth time, if that was even possible. She looks at Sejeong and sees how her eyes were sparkling with so much anticipation. 

 

"Well..."

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Oh no.

 

Nayoung turns left when she reaches a corner and was suprised to see where she was before.

 

Oh . I'm lost.

 

Nayoung scratches her head and grunts in frustration. Typical Nayoung. Always gets lost in a new world, in a new place. It's not her fault she's got no sense of direction and definitely not her fault when she can't ask people for directions. She tends to be "shy" around them. If she didn't wake up late in the first place, this wouldn't happen. If she didn't enroll in this school, then she wouldn't be here in this situation. If she didn't exist in the first place, then all this would be avoided.

 

Nayoung looks at her wristwatch and realizes that she's already an hour late for her orientation. It's her first day at Dongduk Women's University and she ends up getting lost and late. What a great day it turned out to be. She looks at the map again and tries to recognize in what part of town she's in.

 

Damned map! Why does it have to be this complicated?

 

Nayoung sighs in frustration and sits on the nearby bench. She looks at the sky and wonders how she ended up enrolling at a school in Seoul. In a foreign land, in a foreign place. Somewhere she's not accustomed to. Then she remembers how her mom had always reminded her of how she should go to Seoul to study Chemistry. Why? It was what her mom always wanted her to do. Ever since her father died when she was 12, her mom had always pushed her to do better in life, in school, in everything.

 

She hated how her mom manipulates her like she was some puppet. She hates how she maneuvers her life and dictates her on what to do. She hates that she has to go and study in Seoul. She pretty much hates everything.

 

But on the bright side, she gets to get away from her mom for 4 years so all she has to do is to endure college, get a decent job and aim for a better life. Of course, she has to do that without any distractions. So, she has to have no relationships with anyone. No strings attached. No drama and especially no pain. All she has to do now is follow her game plan and that's it. She's outta here and she can do whatever she wants as long as she sticks to her plan.

 

Nayoung looks at her map again and hopefully, get her thoughts together to get to her school and hopefully catch a bit of her orientation. Just then, a group of girls around her age passes by her and she notices that they were wearing the same uniform like hers. Nayoung then stands up from her seat.

 

Maybe I should ask them for directions...

 

.

 

..

 

...

 

Heck no! I'll just follow them. Hopefully, that gets me to school.

 

Nayoung follows the group of girls for a while. After a few blocks, the girls went inside a convenience store. Nayoung follows them inside as well and pretends to check out the merchandises. The girls ends up buying some popsicles and Nayoung decides to buy herself some gummies. She stands behind them, trying to not make it obvious that she was following them. She then hears the phone of one of them ring. She overhears the conversation. The girl then turns to her friends who was with her.

 

"Hey, we have to go quick! We're really late for the orientation!", she then turns to Nayoung and says, "It's fine, Miss. You can go ahead. We really have to go."

 

The girls then quickly gets out of the store and runs away. Nayoung's eyes widens at what just happened and quickly grabs some change from her pocket to pay for what she bought. She immediately runs outside and looks on left to right. She sighs in frustration yet again.

 

. I lost them.

 

Nayoung then just decides to just find her own way to the campus. She looks at the map again to hopefully, understand it and end this miserable adventure of hers. She proceeds to go on a straight path and continues to walk. After a few minutes of walking, she can't help but be bothered. She looks behind her and notices that a girl was behind her. She was wearing the same uniform and she was looking at some poster that was plastered on the wall. She decided to just shrug it off and continued to walk down the street.

 

After a few more blocks, she rounds up a corner and can't help that the girl was still there, simply following her. After a few moments of mental debate, she decides to confront the girl about it. She stops on her tracks and turns to the girl with a blank stare which of course, startles the said girl.

 

"Yah. Are you following me?", Nayoung bellows.

 

The girl looks around her as if she was not the one Nayoung was talking to. Nayoung rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest.

 

"I'm obviously talking to you. Answer me. Are you following me?", Nayoung asks again.

 

The girl just smiles at her, the one that makes her eyes form crescents, "No. I'm simply going towards the same direction."

 

"Oh please. Just admit that you're lost and you're following me."

 

"I won't because that's not true.", the girl points at Nayoung's uniform, "I noticed that we're from the same school so I know that you're going towards my destination as well."

 

Nayoung studies the girl and she's right. They do wear the same uniform. But still, that doesn't change the fact that she was following her. She knows that she is. Nayoung sighs and continues to walk. The girl then follows her and starts to walk beside her. An awkward silence envelops them as they continue to walk on the dirty pavement, the clear sky right above them. A gentle, cold breeze passes by them and no one still utters a word.

 

A few minutes passes by, the girl suddenly speaks up.

 

"Oh. I haven't introduced myself. My name's Sejeong. Kim Sejeong. I'm enrolled as a Humanities student. And you are?", the girl named "Sejeong" promptly asks. 

 

Nayoung pretends not to here her and continues to walk. She hears the girl silently mumbling and she can't help but steal a glance at her. The girl was obviously smaller than her, has jet black hair that falls right to her shoulder, and a stunning smile. Another episode of silence passes by them as they continue to walk to their destination.

 

Nayoung catches a glimpse of groups of students who are wearing the uniforms that is like theirs all huddled into their own little cliques just outside their campus. She sighs in relief and looks at the girl who is now behind her, obviously tired from their journey. 

 

"Nayoung. Im Nayoung.", she tells the girl and continues to walk again.

 

Nayoung looks back for a bit and notices the confused look drawn on the girl's face. "That's my name.", she nonchalantly tells her and makes her way to the school entrance. She looks ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter