Chapter VI

Falsehood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Boyfriends? He says he is my boyfriend?” Jeonghan brushed over the fact that he was engaged.

“Um, actually, no… But the look he gave you literally says that he has a crush on you. You’re so lucky if…” The rest words went blur in his ears as he was lost in his thoughts.

Jeonghan thought that either Seungcheol was insane to fall for a man like him, or the guard was being too exaggerated about the look, or lastly, Jeonghan himself had gone crazy to even like someone even though he had a girlfriend to take care of.

“Sir, are you alright?” The guards waved his hand in front of Jeonghan who had been quiet for the past good five minutes or so.

“Yeah, I just… I have to go. Thank you for your hard work.” The guard looked worriedly at him leaving.

 

-

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol did say nothing about that matter even if the latter looked like he wanted to, even if Jeonghan wanted to. Although they didn’t talk as much, they still met each other. However, when Daeun who had reconciled with Jeonghan – their parents’ both found out and commanded the latter to apologize to the girl – came, the black-haired would excuse himself for some projects he had, some patients he had to check on, or his time in the library. Minghao also found that dubious.

“Hyung, it’s already the hundredth time this week that you drag me to the library! What exactly is wrong with you?” He complained one day.

“Stop being exaggerated. I just think the tests are near, so we should spend more time in the library.” He shrugged and continued his reading.

“Still, you aren’t like this in your first, second, or third year. Just tell me already!”

“Shh!” He mentioned the other to keep his voice down. “Want to be kicked out of here?”

“Okay,” Myungho continued with lower tone. “So, what is it?”

Seungcheol took some time to answer. “…I planned on telling him the truth.”

“Telling what and who?” Minghao didn’t understand why his hyung liked brief answering so much because it’s annoying! Why couldn’t he just spit everything out in the first place?

“Jeonghan, about our affinity.”

“Why?”

“Just.”

“Just?” Minghao placed his highlighter down to look at him properly. “Aww, is he someone special? You don’t just tell any friend about this-”

“H-he’s a trustworthy fellow!” Seungcheol retorted too quickly that the other gave him a look.

“Okay, okay, I got you. Why get so worked up over a tease?” Nodding, Minghao smirked but then realized something. “But wait, I don’t see how this has anything to do with my question though?”

But Seungcheol who was caught changing the topic had already stood up and got out of his dongsaeng’s reach, sticking his tongue out and pretending not to hear him.

“This hyung, jinjja!” The Chinese boy rolled his eyes, figuring he should ask him again another time.

 

-

 

The weeks of tests came, and Jun was more than busy. Fortunately, he managed to get a couple hour of snoozing last night. If not, he might be completely dead in the exam room today because of his shortage of sleep from overstudy for the few past nights. Today was the last test anyway.

“Junhui~” Myungho waved at Jun and walked over. “Did you finish your- Wow, man… You look like a walking dea-” Minghao froze at the spot, not because of the cold or the snow, but the taller unexpectedly leaning in. Everything seemed to go in slow motion – at least for Minghao. He could feel the fog from the other’s breathe already.

He didn’t mean to close his eyes which made it look like they were going to kiss, but he didn’t dare to look at the other’s gaze either. His heart felt like exploding when the other slowly placed his head on his shoulder. Myungho opened his eyes again.

“Jun…”

“Just stay still. I won’t take long.” After Jun had mumbled onto his clavicle, Minghao felt tingle ran down his spine and blood travelled up his face. Despite being in a quite odd stance, Minghao soon got more comfortable as time passed that he brought his hand up to the other’s back and…

“Maybe I ought to be where my bed is.” Jun suddenly shot up, still smiling sleepily. “Thanks a lot.”

Minghao awkwardly brought that hand to scratch his nape instead. “S-sure thing. Um, see you later.”

What was I doing? Get your acts together, Seo Myungho!

 

-

 

Jeonghan was surprised to see his mother in his dorm. “Eomma? Why are yo-”

“Hanie!” His mother hugged him tightly. “Thank goodness you’re safe.”

“Safe? What do you mean, eomma?”

“What else? I almost lost my only son, didn’t I?!” So, his mother knows what happened last month? How? “Who saved you though?”

“There’s this one friend, Seungcheol.”

“S-Seungcheol?!” She looked somehow shocked.

“Yes, Choi Seungcheol. Is there something wrong, eomma?”

“Oh, right. My thanks to him.” She let out a sigh. “Let’s pack up.”

“Hmm?” His brows puckered.

“I can’t stand this anymore, you must live at home from now on.”

“I must what? No way.” He let go of his mother’s hands.

“Jeonghan.”

“I like it here. It’s in the campus so I don’t have to get up very early. And I have Jun here, I’ll be alright, eom-”

“Alright? Is this what you call alright?!” She raised her voice.

All his words got lost. No such kids wouldn’t be afraid of their mothers being angry after all.

“You say you have Jun and what? Look at what happened. You still put yourself in danger over and over again. No more excuses, you must go home with me. Augh, look at this stuffy and airless hole…” She walked around the small room, touching stuffs covered with dust because the owners were too busy to even care for cleaning or hiring a maid.

“…Can I move to the apartment you bought me last year instead?” He asked out after long considering.

His mother turned around. “Hmm, at least there is more pleasant than here and they provide drivers, and it’s near your grandparents’ place. Fine. You should be packing right away since it’s your winter break unless you want me to do that for you.”

“I will take care of it myself. Thank you, eomma.”

 

-

 

His mother had left, and now he was sitting and packing some clothes and stuffs he needed in the middle of the room when Jun entered the dorm.

“It’s you who told her again, right?” Jeonghan shot a rather irked glare at the Chinese guy.

“About your incident? She’s your mother and it’s been a month already. I’m sure she won’t… wait, why are you packing?” He just noticed things that were lying messily.

“Well, that mother of mine just left, saying I must live at my apartment from now on, thanks to some stupid here.” The older scoffed.

“You didn’t tell her yourself. What else should I have done? She has the rights to know what’s going on in her son’s life.”

“Butting in other people’s lives shouldn’t be your hobby, you know.”

“If it were other people, I wouldn’t my stupid in. But it’s you, my only beloved hyung~” He smiled enigmatically which made Jeonghan cringe. “So, when are you moving?”

“Maybe tomorrow or the day after that… Huh, it’s already a tiring day with tests and now this… I’m not gonna get to rest anytime soon…” His hyung sighing made Junhui feel a little guilty.

“Sorry, hyung.”

“If you’re sorry, help me with the packing.”

“Sure.”

 

-

 

The next day, as Jun and Jeonghan were lugging the latter’s luggage along the footpath, they saw Minghao and Seungcheol.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Myungho asked with cheerful voice.

“Hey there, he’s gonna move to the apartment. Where ya going?” Jun casually answered instead.

“Christmas is coming so we’re looking for presents. But apartment, you said? Why all of sudden?”

“It’s his mother’s decision. I don’t know.” Junhui shrugged.

“We should get going,” said Jeonghan.

“Let me go with you.” Seungcheol who had been quiet all the time said with emotionless face. The rest three altogether looked at him, especially Jeonghan.

“You wanna come with me?” Asked the blonde with all curiosity and surprise. I thought he still was angry with me. “What about the presents?”

“Jun can come help me.” Minghao abruptly responded. “You okay with that?” He glimpsed at Junhui.

“Good idea. I wanna go shopping, too.” The boy beamed back.

“Let’s go,” Seungcheol grabbed the luggage from Jun’s hand and Jeonghan started leading, not knowing what the older had in mind to come with him.

 

-

 

They got in the apartment which could be called penthouse since it was on the highest floor and was luxuriously and modernly furnished. The floor was made with marble. A white grand piano, a fireplace with matched couch and an easel were on the left, behind them located the bookshelf staircase led to the bedrooms upstairs. On the other side were an island dining table and a perfect kitchen collection connected with the open-air area. The large metal-framed pictures were hung on the even larger white wall. You could see the Han river and its bridge along with a pool outside through the stately glass walls as well.

“This must cost a fortune.” Seungcheol looked in astonishment after bringing in the last suitcase.

“I have been here just few times.” Jeonghan took the glass stairs down the living zone followed by the black-haired.

“This is very beautiful and enormous. You could share it with ten or more people.” He commented.

“You think so, too? Yeah, it’s way too big for me. I’d certainly get lonely here,” exhaled the blonde.

“Maybe you should ask Jun to stay with you.”

“I did ask that but he said nah. He also likes there better for it’s in the campus.”

“Why in the first place do you have to move here?”

“My mother thinks it’s better for my health to stay in the nice place than that airless hole. I’ve opposed that for the past years and this would be the end of it.”

“Sometimes, having wealthy parents is good, sometimes, it is not.” Seungcheol said with a pathetic smile and Jeonghan didn’t miss that.

“… Let’s unpack.”

 

-

 

When they were done unpacking while exploring the place, it was brunch time but none of them was hungry. They just lied down on the couch lazily.

“Cheol-ah.”

“Hmm?” He hummed with his eyes shut, his long eyelashes were lying evidently.

“Mianhae.”

“…”

“That day that I yelled at you even though it was you who saved my life. I’m really sorry.”

“Forget it.”

“…”

“Han-ah.” The older opened his eyes.

“Hmm?”

“Wanna visit my place, too?”

“Is Gyeongbuk far?”

“Indeed.”

“…”

 

-

 

The market was crowded with people, woman or man, young or old, rich or poor.

“To whom will you give the presents?” Asked the taller as he followed the other.

“My siblings, Father and Mother, also aunties,” replied Minghao, turning into the miscellaneous section.

“That’s a lot… Where should we sta-” The other had already run through toy shops happily. “How can a person in his twenties be so childlike?” Jun simpered.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter