The Connection

Until My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica went to the beach, she decided to return the jacket to the soldier who saved her from drowning. To say that she was so embarrassed about the accident was an understatement, after reading the diary, she was determined to get to know this guy. From far, she could see a glimpse of a guy standing handsomely while Skipping pebbles on the sea. 

The guy ignored her, but she couldn't care less, so she grabbed the jacket and handed it to the guy. Deep inside, Jessica was already panicking, “how could anyone approach this guy? do I need to say hi? hello?, oh my god, why is this so embarrassing.” Jessica monologue herself. 

The guy stops throwing rocks when he sees the jacket, he takes the jacket and starts to walk away but before he takes another step, Jessica stops him. 

 

“Kim Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon froze and turned around. 

 

“If there is Kim Taeyeon, then, there must be Tiffany also right?” Jesscia smirk, arching a brow.

 

Taeyeon ignored her once again and started walking to his motorbike, but Jesscia was fast. she has not finished yet. Not when she managed to grab his attention just now. 

 

“Why don't you go back to Tiffany? didn't you ever meet Tiffany again?” She asked but still get ignored. 

 

“Look, I know, I should not be involved in any of this but, I’m already involved now,” she chuckled, despite getting a silent response from Taeyeon, she keeps rambling things. 

 

Noticing that Taeyoen might want to start the engine, she stood in front of him and held the bike. “Look, I am hardcore kind of girl, some might call me the ice princess,” she smirk and continue, “but, your story make me sentimental, I’m 21 and all I want to know is, was all the things written in the diary true? I mean, is it really true that love could be so strong and wonderful like that?” she asked. 

 

“I’m serious.. pleasee let me know..Isn't it nice to be loved like that..? Wait, I feel like we have a connection. Maybe I was destined to be your future lover.” she gasped dramatically. 

 

Taeyeon gives her a look, studying her at the moment. After a few minutes of silence, he asked “What’s your name?”

 

“Jessica”

 

“American?”

 

“Born there but I am absolutely Korean” Jessica smiled wider. Now that Taeyeon talks, excitement returns in her demeanour. 

 

“Look, Jessica. You’re cool. Consider that this is just a story that I wrote and you'll remain cool.”He glanced at her and shrugged. He turn on his bike,and revved which made Jessica flinch and turn to the side giving him some space.  

 

Jessica was happy while looking at him riding away even though she still was not satisfied with their short conversation. She grabs her phone and calls Tyler. 

 

“Hi babe, do you love me?” she asked and when Tyler said yes, she asked some more.

 

 “So will you wait for me for another ten years?” 

 

“Wow, babe, I didn't expect that? what do you mean-”

 

“Nothing, just hang up the phone.” Jessica interjects, cuts him off and immediately thinks of some plans in her mind on how to get close with Taeyeon. “If it's love, then it better be this way.” she thinks she might fall in love with a soldier who is slightly older than her. 

 

***********************************************************************

 

“Come on, Hyoyeon, at least let me make a mock presentation first.” Jesscia begging Hyoyeon to let her make a cover of the man who lately has been bugging her mind. 

 

“No, No Jesscia, I can’t allow you to do that,” Hyoyeon said while checking the script of her student. She was in the middle of filming directed by sooyoung. Sooyoung makes an interesting cover behind the story of a street child in their area.  

 

“Please Hyo, it’s the chance of a lifetime,” she tried to persuade some more. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter