Chapter 6

You're Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey! There they are!" I hear Lexie yell from her spot around the fire pit.

I chuckle as I pull Dahyun closer into my side, "Sorry about that, Dahyun and I had to talk."

Everyone stops smiling, "Wait, are you guys ok?" their faces showing their nervousness at the words that typically mean bad news.

"Oh god, yeah we're fine. Nothing serious or in any way negative.." I quickly explain.

They all sigh in relief, "Phew, thank god" The anxiousness leaving the atmosphere.

Dahyun chuckles, "I'm not stupid enough to risk losing someone like Sana" she says taking my hand and sitting down on the log.

Everyone looks at her with awe.. Including me.

"So, what's with the guitar?" She says changing the subject, pointing at Tzuyu who is quietly tuning the instrument.

"Oh right," Tzuyu says shifting the guitar and sitting in a better position, "Music is a big part of the Minatozakis, if you didn't know"

I nod with a giant smile, "Where do you think I got it from?" I ask squeezing her hand.

She shrugs, "I just thought you were naturally good at everything" she winks playfully.

I tilt my head, "Oh I am but this one is genetic." I whisper good-naturedly.

She laughs as we focus our attention back on Tzuyu.

Tzuyu and Uncle Ethan say some quiet words to each other.

"Come on guys, this isn't x-factor" My Uncle Paul says encouragingly.

They roll their eyes simultaneously. Tzuyu begins to pluck the strings skilfully. The tune soon becomes obvious.


Here comes the sun doo do doo doo

Here comes the sun and I say it's all right


My uncle begins, his deep sultry voice hitting all the right notes.


Little darling it's been a long cold lonely winter


Tzuyu's turn, her voice is higher than her fathers but isn't too high.


Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here


They continue the song without flaw.


It's all right

The last few notes from the guitar ring out and everyone applauds. Dahyun's hand leaves mine to clap, "That was amazing guys" she says beaming at them.

Tzuyu shrugs, "It's whatever."

Dahyun returns her hand to mine without thinking, she intertwines our fingers, "Seriously I'm pretty sure I just found the modern day Von Trapp family."

Everyone laughs, "Hardly. We're just a bunch of people who like music and share DNA."

One by one or two by two, we make our way around the circle, Tzuyu played the guitar the most but on the occasion Matt or Uncle Paul would have a go.

"Dahyun, Sana your turn" Tzuyu says as Matt hands the guitar back to her.

"Uh no, I think we're good." I say resisting the temptation, assuming that Dahyun wouldn't want to.

Dahyun looks at me confused, "Minatozaki Sana turning down an offer to share her talent? Wow i did not see that coming." her eyes wide and eyebrows raised.

I shrug, "I just didn't think you would want to" I say rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

She tilts her head, "I'm cool with it."

I roll my eyes at her cute wording and nonchalant answer, "Well if you're cool with it then I guess we'll have a go."

She smiles excitedly, "Sweet"

"Song request?" Tzuyu asks.

I look at Dahyun, she looks at me and then Tzuyu, "Actually, I know a little bit of guitar… think I could have a go?" Dahyun asks smoothly.

Tzuyu nods, "For sure" She hands the glossy black guitar to the person next to her and they hand it around until it reaches Dahyun.

Dahyun tests it out, she plays a few chords as I watch in surprise, "I didn't know you played."

She shrugs, "It's whatever" she's says smiling at Tzuyu who chuckles back at the familiar words.

"What are we singing?" I whisper into her ear.

She leans over and says, "Track 4"

I immediately understand what she means. The opening bars of the familiar song plays.

I start off, looking at Dahyun as I sing. I sing the first word and she adds the background lyrics.


Baby (I know you know

I know you know it)

Baby (I know you know

I know you know it) TWICE


Ring ring

I start my day with your phone call

How can this be happening?

It's you so sweet

How can you be so perfect?



Dahyun joins in


When your voice reaches me



Tell me, yeah like that


I continue the next line



Hey girl, will you whisper in my ears?

Like my dream last night

Come to me


We belt to put more color to our song.


1 to 10

I'm filled with you

All day i think of you

From 1 to 10

When I only used to know myself


We continue singing, staring into each other's eyes.

1 to 10

You make my heart flutter

I can't hide it,


I forget about everyone sitting around us, I forget that the world is spinning, I forget that Dahyun is only my friend, I forget that this is all an act. All I know is that every word coming out my mouth as of this moment is nothing but the truth.

Baby (I know you know

I know you know it)

Come closer to me

(I know you know

I know you know it)

Come closer to me

The last words disappears into the air and everything is silent, the crackling from the fire giving off its own personal approval. Her eyes look deep into mine as we catch our breath, it feels as though we are stuck in the moment.

" me" I hear my cousin breathe quietly.

"Lexie!" Aunt Josie glares at my blonde relative for her language.

"Sorry but that was freaking intense" she says with her hands in the air defensively.

Every one nods, "That's true" Tzuyu adds as she eyes Dahyun and I.

"I literally felt like I was feeling whatever they were," Natalie says from across the pit.

Dahyun and I smile shyly, "Thanks guys."

A short conversation follows about our music group and anything involving it.

Dahyun goes to hand the guitar back to Tzuyu when she raises her hand, "Hold on. I have an idea."

Dahyun freezes

"Sing a song to Sana" Tzuyu deadpans.

Dahyun retreats, "Wait what? Why?"

Everyone agrees, "Yeah! Come on, Dahyun."

"It'll be romantic."

Tzuyu smiles "Choose the best song to describe the way you feel about her and then afterwards she'll do the same."

Dahyun groans, "Do I have to?"

"Guys, don't make her do it if she doesn't want to" I say putting my hand on her knee.

"No one's leaving until this happens," Lexie states, "We want to know how serious the Tofu is about our Sana" she persuades.

"Guys c'mo—"

"Fine," I'm interrupted, "Don't worry Sana, it'll be romantic" she says smiling cheesily, her eyelashes fluttering falsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter