Chapter 18

You're Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Detroit, Michigan.

"So Dahyun just texted me, she's on her way here now," Eunwoo says to me.

"OK you guys have the plan memorised, right?" I ask the group.

They all nod their heads.

"Ok then, let's do this," I encourage, smiling nervously, "to your positions."

I see my family scatter off to their allotted marks. I head to mine which is in the back of the café in a booth with my back towards the door. I make sure to be wearing the beanie so that all of my hair is covered.

I take a quick glance around the room and everyone is in their positions, so that means no one is in sight except Eunwoo, who is sitting in the booth behind me.

"Do you think this was a bit over the top?" I ask the empty seat in front of me.

"I think that it's better than mediocre," he replies from behind me.

"Thanks for doing this, Eunwoo," I say once again to the empty spot.

"It's my pleasure to take part in such a gesture," he says quickly, "Oop, I think she's here."

My head snaps down to my phone. I hear the ring of a bell as the door open and closes. The quiet footsteps get louder as she approaches Eunwoo's booth. I feel her sit directly behind me. Our backs separated by some thick wood and material.

"You didn't have to come all the way up to Detroit just to see if I was ok," she says greeting him, "There's this weird new thing called a phone."

I hear Eunwoo chuckle, "I know but I needed to see for myself."

I can basically hear her eye roll, "So how's JYP been without me?"

"Dahyun, it's been like a week."

"I know but it feels a lot longer… how is everyone? How are the music group members?" she asks sighing.

"If you want to know how Sana's doing, just ask," he states quite bluntly.

I hear her scoff , a moment of consideration and then... "fine, how's Sana?"

I hear Eunwoo exhale loudly, "The day you left, she got some pretty scary news."

I can feel her tense up, "What? What happened?"

I hear him scratch the back of his head, "Well, let's just say that the night after you left, she had to catch the first plane to Illinois."

"Eunwoo, don't be an . Just tell me," she quietly demands.

Another moment of silence before he tells her in quiet, cautious tone, "Her nan had a heart attack "

There's nothing but a barely heard gasp. A few clinks of coffee cups from the kitchen and then it's just silence…

"H-how is she?" she whispers.

Eunwoo shrugs, "that's all I heard but I know she could probably use the support of her girlfriend right now."

I hear her sigh, "She's not my girlfriend."

My stomach drops at the words.

"She would be if you didn't run away," Eunwoo states bluntly.

She exhales loudly, "You don't think I know that, it's not that I don't want her… I do, it's just I'm scared."

"Well stop being a baby and do som-" And just on cue the ringtone goes off, I feel Eunwoo shift, ", I'm really sorry Dahyun but I have to take it," he says standing up and walking out of the café. Pretending to be in a deep conversation out side the window.

I sit there in silence listening to her sit in silence.

Then just as we planned the footsteps approach and then I hear the seat in front of Tzuyu compress, "So a couple of years ago I was walking home from school and I was on my phone texting my friend…"

I can just hear the confusion in the air.

"And while I was crossing a supposedly abandoned street I had my head down. So when the car hit me, I couldn't really blame it all on the driver."

"Tzuyu, what the fu-"

"2 broken ribs and a concussion taught me to never be on the phone while walking across the road. I learnt from my mistake…" she finishes.

I hear sounds of disbelief, "What the hell, Tzuyu?"

"Just thought I'd pop by and remind you that people make mistakes," she says sliding further into the booth allowing room for another person. This time is a blonde.

"I used to bully a kid…" the voice begins, "until she punched me in the face," Lexie says sitting down in that empty spot, "needless to say, I don't tolerate bullying."

"Ok, what the is going on?" Dahyun asks utterly confused.

And as she says that Brad approaches with Hayley and Maybelle, "Hey, Aunty Dahyun!" they both say in unison.

I hear Brad whisper something, "Oh uh-, when I was 5, I fell off the trampoline and I hurt my arm. I was too scared to go back on but mum, dad and Maybelle all helped me get back on. So now I'm not scared of trampolines any more," Hayley explains cheerily, sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter