Chapter 9

You're Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Ok, don't move and definitely don't talk, just listen. Now... what the is wrong with you? Are you insane? I can't believe you. She's your daughter!" She stares at him with an intensity of a whole new level. One that i have never seen reside in those blue orbs.

"She's your only kid, man." she breathes, shaking her head in disappointment.

My father straightens his back before muttering something that i can't quite hear but it must have been something cold as Dahyun's whole demeanor returns to the arced, protective, enraged aura that surrounded her before.

Her eyebrows raise into her hairline as she absorbs the unknown words. She squeaks out a barely audible, "what?" as if in disbelief.

"I-I - what th- seriously, dude?!" she looks away as though she cannot believe that this situation is actually happening, "You have got to be ing kidding me?! You don't get to say that, you just don't... Some-ing-how you managed to help produce the world's most beautiful person so no, you are not allowed to say that about your own daughter! She's the most kind-hearted, strong person I know and if you are willing to over look those qualities every parent dreams of their kid having, just because she prefers women?" She looks deep into my father's eyes and states intensely, "then you never deserved to be a father."

She's heaving at this point, my dad goes to stand up but she points at him, "sit down," she spits. I can basically hear the conflict in my fathers mind, wondering whether or not he should obey her commands. Shockingly he remains seated, "One more thing before i go back upstairs and try to console your distraught daughter..." she shakes her head in disgust, "why would you bring her mother into this?" she questions rhetorically, "Your own wife," her jaw clenches angrily, "I can guarantee you sir, that she would definitely be disappointed...but it wouldn't be in Sana." she finishes with an unrelenting stare.

She removes her finger from his personal space, ultimately breaking the spell that was on my father.

He looks up at her with anger, his demeanor exactly the same as the ones in my memories, "And who the  are you to give me a lecture about my daughter? What makes you so special?"

She groans as though it should be clear, she throws her hands up in the air, "I'm in love with her, you idiot! I always have been and every moment that i spend with her, I fall that little bit deeper. So maybe i'm not special but she is, so I will do anything in my power to protect her from ignorant s like you."

He shakes his head mockingly, a tantalizing grin on his lips, "You think you love her, that's nice" he antagonizes condescendingly.

Dahyun's fingers clench angrily at the words "No, i don't love her... I'm in love with her, I am in love with every single thing about her and what ever you say will never change that." she retorts strongly.

He chuckles mirthlessly. He points his finger at Dahyun's cheek digging into her soft skin. He pushes his hand forward making her stumble backwards, "Go back to wherever your kind come from" he spits hatefully.

I stride forward knowing that that was it for Dahyun. She's got one hand on her cheek, clutching it as though she cannot believe he just did that. I can see the fumes radiating off her, a deep fire of hatred, "Dahyun, stop!"

But it's too late, she's slapped him hard across the face. The sound radiates through the backyard and into everyone's ears, my uncle steps forward from his place on the porch, "What t-"

I run down to the steps that they're standing below, "Dahy-"

She clenches her jaw with tear rimmed eyes, staring unrelentingly at my father. She shakes her head in disgust before pushing past him and up the stairs towards me.

As she passes him and reaches the first step, my father swivels and grabs her by the wrist. Their faces level, my dad's eye pouring into hers with a resentment i've never seen, "Is that it? Is that all you've got? You were right about you not being special. I don't know what Sana sees in you" he insults, a look of pure confusion and hate in his eyes.

Before i can say anything to counteract his words, Dahyun does the unexpected.

She punches him.

I gasp. My uncle curses under his breath as he steps forward. Everything happens so quickly.

After the first punch, she shoves him backwards making him stumble. My dad glares at her, a pink tinge to his right cheek, "I'd stop there if I were you, what-ever-your-name-is" his eye twitching.

Dahyun takes another step forward without hesitation.

"Dahyun, dont" i manage to yelp but she launches her self forward.

"Wooah" Matt sounds as he intercepts her path. "Not worth it, Dahyun" he discourages as he wraps his arms around her angry unit.

She struggles against my large cousin, "H-he's such a ing di-" her voice cracks as her tears stream down her face.

"i know, i know" Matt soothes as he all but carries her up the stairs.

As Matt guides Dahyun to me, I hear my uncle Ethan's voice, "David, I think it'd be for the best if you leave" a restricted sort of anger laced through his voice.

Before i can see the reaction to those words, Dahyun is directly in front of me. Matt pats her back gently, "I'll let you guys talk" I nod gratefully to my cousin before he walks off in the direction he came.

Dahyun looks up at me with her big light brown eyes covered in water, "I-" she croaks. A lock of hair falls from its place behind her ear. Her make up is smudging and her jaw is clenching as though she is trying to restrain her emotions, "I-I uh..I'm s-sorry, Sana" she manages to utter. Her voice cracking several times. As those words leave , she can't seem to contain her emotions. Her brow scrunches up as the tears let themselves fall. She tucks her hair back behind her ear quickly as she begins to wipe at her eyes furiously.

"hey, hey" i whisper softly as I rest my hand on her shoulder, my head tilting as i try and console her.

She chuckles sadly through the tears, i'm pretty sure she just whispered the word 'pathetic'. I shake my head excessively, "no, no, Dahyun" I pull her into my front, wrapping my arms around her shoulder. Her heard resting perfectly in the crook of my neck, "You're so amazing" i whisper into her hair, sealing it with a kiss.

I then feel her body start shaking, i hear her sniffling increase. Her tears are wetting my neck as I continue to attempt to soothe her. I can feel my own tears starting to prick the corners of my eyes, "Hey, let's go to bed yeah?" I suggest softly.

She nods as she pulls out of the embrace. She runs her hands under her eyes, wiping away any remaining liquid. She attempts to compose herself, "i-uh yeah, lets do that" she runs her hand through her hair before meeting my eyes.

The sight of her eyes all red and puffy, filled with sorrow and pain pulls on a nerve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter