On The Street

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: J-Hope (Jung Hoseok) x Lee Mijoo

P.O.V: Third person view

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) Mijoo is a born dancer of any genre. That is what she thought until she get the fact that she will be thrown to another side of the dance studio to teach new recruits, hip-hop dance, something she very much bad at.

“Wait, what? No! No! Please tell me this is a joke. You can’t be meaning that, right?” Seemingly endless rows of questions splurged out of as her eyes widened in shock in front of the owner of Stardust Dance Studio. Lee Mijoo had been working there as a choreographer for three years of her life already. To say she expected the day to come where a twist of fate rolled to her feet was an understatement because she definitely did not ask for it. Already kneeling with both of her hands together in a pleading manner, she added, “You can’t do this to me, Howon-ssi. I’m begging you. I’ll do anything but that.”

It was two days ago when she got the new piece of information in a literal form of paper. Sneakily pasted on the door of her studio number two, she merely skimmed through with a visible crease on her forehead as her eyes went down the lines of sentences only to gape at the one last line. She wanted to meet him as soon as possible but it took her two agonizing days to finally face the fellow. But then… what is she fussing about?

Mijoo got herself a place in SDS for a reason that is obvious to all choreographers in the whole place and that is because of her raw talent in dancing. It is a burning passion of hers ever since she was young. Light on her feet, she effortlessly made dancing seemed easy in anybody’s eyes. Her movements are graceful yet aggressive depending on its music. Nonetheless, there is one particular genre she avoided and that is hip-hop.

“Come on, Mijoo-ah. You’re just overreacting. That’s all. If you can’t do it, I would not change your studio and it will be only for six months. Replacing Dongwoo hyung is not that hard. Most of his students are easy to handle.” Howon explained as his eyes stuck on the smartphone in his hand, scrolling something. What would he do never interest her before but when he told her to replace a much more experience dancer like Dongwoo for months, oh my, that is far most the worst thing she ever take note of.

“That’s the thing. His students might be easy to handle but I don’t know if I can handle myself. If you want me to admit it then I will. I don’t dance to hip-hop. I have zero knowledge in that. Why not throw, I don’t know,” she shrugged, “Jeon Jungkook or Park Jimin for goodness sake.”

“Jimin, I can’t take him out of the contemporary department because I can’t let Yein suffer alone or Jungkook will end up killing me in my sleep. I would deploy Minhyuk hyung but he’s following Dongwoo hyung too.”

“Why not you take over it then?”

“Are you kidding me? I have three classes to teach every two days. You think my work is all about slacking in this damn office?” Howon burst unexpectedly which taken the girl aback as she never seen that side of him before. With that she lowered her head and eyes already found the floor way more fascinating that anything there was in the room.

“How can I learn how to do hip-hop in one week?” Mijoo mumbled to no one in particular once her session ended for the day. She took a walk down the less crowded part of town to ease her tension. She has to teach that genre and conveniently, there will be the biyearly evaluation of the teachers’ progress in the studio. She never let the owner’s expectation down but she was sure she would if she did not figure something out.

“Think positively Lee Mijoo. There must be something good going to happen. Yes, that’s it. Great, I’m talking to myself now but every creative people do that, right? Or am I wrong? What’s going on with my head?” She continuously muttered as she ruffled her hair, messing it up whilst pondering over whatever might lay ahead. But what she should have been looking out was the person coming from the north.

“Hey, watch where you’re going bud.” The girl growled audibly once she stopped on her spot to eye on the mysterious figure which had no intention of attacking her for being rude. Nonetheless, Mijoo shrugged and as she walked, she felt a bump under her right foot. Swinging it away, she crouched before taking the foreign object in her hand. She was going to call for the fellow since she sensed it would be his but his figure was no longer there within her sight.

Taking a closer look, her fingers went over the dark wooden box, admiring the intricate detailing done on its edges. When she saw the upper side of the box, she found herself reading a short phrase written, Hope on the Street. She had no clue of what it might be but curiosity did not possess her at the moment so she quickly placed the box into her bag and walked off. By the time she made her turn to her apartment, the vanished figure popped his head behind a huge dumpster with a smirk before finally making his official leave.

In her lonely apartment, Mijoo lazily streamed on multiple YouTube channels that she thought could help her with the problem. If only learning how to dance a new genre was as easy as reading a book, she would not be facing the latest video of a popular dance studio right then. A sigh escaped her lungs before she placed her arm with the phone away. As she was casually rolling on her bed, she properly landed her head on the pillow and her eyes found the white ceiling interesting for the night.

“This is hopeless.” She uttered in soft tone before her eyes closed in defeat. She was at the verge of giving up a bit too fast and she did not like the feeling at all. Out of the blue, her ears picked up a gentle knock. Getting up, her eyes furrowed in complete puzzlement because it was not coming from the entrance that was for sure because the sound came from the inside of her room. Standing off the comfort of her bed, she advanced to the source and found herself halted at her desk where she threw her bag.

The knocking did not stop and that made her heartbeat raced. Scared was the accurate emotion she felt as her heart pounding, wanting to escape from her ribcage. The sound was projecting from the wooden box she took which made her questioning, why did she bring it home in the first place? She opted to throw the object away as it was held between her hands. It was the size of her Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Tilting her head sideways, she began to shake it slowly and surely enough, she heard something tumbling inside. In the end, she made a decision to reveal what might be doing the constant knocking.

“What the heck?!” Mijoo shouted, followed by a string of yelling that could result a row of angry neighbours but that was the least of her concern because the so-called knocking was not made by the object. In fact, she thought her crazy mind had gone insane when her eyes trembled in fright with her index finger pointing at her table. “You’re alive!”

Stood in about 14 cm on the desk was a tiny figure clad in white shirt and black sweatpants. The ‘thing’ as Mijoo would prefer calling had no trouble climbing out of box before advancing to the end of the table. He perched himself on the edge where his legs dangled in a dangerous manner. Being small he was, the only reason she felt it was dangerous was because she could imagine instant death for the fellow if he was to fall. However, judging on his bright smile, she knew death was something the fellow thought of.

“So, hip-hop huh? I can’t say I’m an expert but I can help. The name’s J-Hope and- Wait, what are you doing?” The tiny boy yelled at her when a pencil (which he did not know where she got it from) flew passed his head. “Anyway, there’s no need to be scared. I live up to my name. I’m your hope!” He chirped that Mijoo swore the smile went wider as he continued to introduce himself without asking.

“But still you didn’t reply to my question.”

“Oh what the heck am I?” She nodded and that was a signal for him to add more pieces to convince her that she was not dreaming or going crazy. “I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter