Not Him But Her

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Park Jimin x Jung Yein

P.O.V: First person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) He expected to see his best friend again once he reincarnated to the world but one does not always get what one wants.

Jimin P.O.V

As I grew up into the wonderful moment of childhood, there was one particular day where I woke up, sweat streamed down from my temples and noticed it was only six in the morning. The sleep disturbance continued and it caused my parents to be worried of my condition. What is going on with their son? They thought and they thought hard over the same thing as the days turned into months. Before they realised it, I already accustomed of my early bird spirit.

Being raised in the second busiest state in South Korea, Busan left a lot of memories and first-times for me yet there was one specific episode in life I had been waiting. Those things I saw as pigments of dreams were apparently what assumed to be my past life. I did not believe them at first though being that I was still recognising the incidents and somewhat familiar faces running through like a tape stuck in the back of my mind. I told my family members about them from time to time as they merely lending their ears, bobbing their heads with a smile.

One of the few reasons of how sure I was about these recollections of memories would be because everything I had been doing in my childhood days brought this feeling of nostalgia somewhere deep within my heart. I would be heading out playing with my peers at the park and suddenly a vision of me tripping over a rock came into view, stopping me from advancing forward only to see the same object few centimetres ahead. It all came in a sepia-like filter, appearing like old films and I like it. That led to another reason and it would be a friendly figure I remembered as my best friend.

The Jeon Jungkook I saw in my memories was a boy appearing to be younger than me but physically taller and intimidating in some way. But that did not stop us from being friends, seeing and supporting each other like any brothers would do. He was the kind of fellow where I would find him dancing to random music on the streets or belting out to latest music releases in a karaoke booth. He was a complete package until he disappeared into thin air and I literally meant that.

The last memory I had with him was bidding him a warm goodbye on a cold winter morning. He was there in front of me, holding in tears from released from the ducts but burst seconds later once I took him into my arms as I told him to remember me. He would be going across the globe, to continue his dream of becoming a professional dancer. We shared the same dream but Jungkook was a lot better in terms of financial support so he could go while I stayed and simply joined the local dance classes instead.

Nevertheless, those were all in the past. Years or even a lifetime, I could not pin-point the last time I have to stand at a bus stop to go to school or even winning a cute teddy bear for my girlfriend from a claw machine. Welcome to the futuristic world where humans move using bubbles and stairs? It is only for decoration because there are those travel tubes from the highest floor to the basement. Fashion wise though, it did not change much. Thank goodness because I don’t think going out in flashy outfits are my kind of thing.

“Jiminie, are you sure that we even have to go to school today? Why did I hear from Jiyeon that we have to use Link for our classes today? I guess she’s wrong then.” A friend of mine said through our holographic communication device. Fixing my tie in front of the mirror, I glance back where Myungeun has a hair brush in her hand as she talks with me. Home school is much preferred by students these days yet schools are there with actual purpose. I wondered what if they only have to put up their Link which projects a virtual class for good. One thing for sure, I would not be able to meet my current group of friends.

Funny enough, I recalled meeting them in my past life and they have not change much other than the modern Myungeun is more mature for her age while Jiyeon actually dated Taehyung unlike their past selves that instantly cut ties when they acknowledged each other’s feelings. They should thank me for that because history might repeat if I was not there to dissolve the intense fight occurred between them. I cannot be any happier but still, where is he?

If in my past life, Jungkook would show up on broad daylight just to annoy me on a lovely weekday without school and that will be similar as today. Maybe the reincarnation only happens to certain people and he might be still in Busan. My family and I moved to Seoul for five years already so to see the younger fellow was nowhere in my current lifetime feels strange. The only male friend I have at the moment is Taehyung and only him. There used to be the three of us together.

There must be a twist of fate going on and I can sense in as I meet with the girls, decided to walk to school instead of floating around like the others above us. It is such a nice day to not use the legs to go to any desired location so when we arrive at the school ground, I signal the girls to go ahead of me as I wait for Taehyung like I always do on ordinary school days. While waiting though, I scroll down my social accounts to fill in the boredom. That goes on for a good two minutes until I feel someone bumping onto my shoulders. The other appears to be in a rush because I just notice the bell h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter