Sweet Lullaby

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Park Jimin x Kei (Kim Jiyeon)

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: Jimin comes to the music room to sleep. One day, somebody starts singing and he has never slept better.

“God, let me catch up with this.” He mumbled to no one in particular with eyes closed tightly upon landing his head on the comfort of his arms, providing as temporary cushion. He let out a long sigh before squirming on his seat before opening one eye with a pout visible on his lips. “Why can’t I ever do this? It’s empty and silent. What more I need to be able to sleep here calmly?” The fellow added on in a defeated tone.

Finding him in a secluded part of the school, it should not be a shocker to see Park Jimin all alone in a room which he labelled as an escape room that went by the name, music room. He made it a routine to be there after the bell rang throughout the school since that would be the only time the desired room to be empty with no one to bother his hectic mind. And frankly speaking, it only been one week since the first time he made it an official activity. However, he never actually succeeded with the entire plan.

Bringing his head up from the table, Jimin’s eyes wandered around the area, as if he was trying to figure out the reasoning behind his discomfort. That was until his gaze landed on the wall in front of him. Sure, he had been there, the music room filled with desks and chairs to the back but it was on the other side of the four-panelled walls where the fun stuffs were hidden. The fun stuffs, meaning the music instruments which he never got around to play after knowing his parents would be against him doing so.

You see, the school was the only place Jimin found himself to be…himself. Stepping out of the ground, he had to be someone else and that was to be whatever his parents wanted him to do. Nevertheless, if there was one thing he could say to them, it would be: wanting them to stop fighting. He did not know how it all began as the only thing he could recall was witnessing his loved ones yelling at each other’s faces in anger. One thing led to another, he chose to ignore the foreign feeling and found refuge at his best friend’s house, Kim Taehyung’s humble abode where his mother would welcome him with open arms.

Supporting his head on palm which acted as the cane to keep it up, he let out another deep sigh, knowing that he would not able to catch the sleep he needed. Why? Well that would be merely because if he was to choose to nap at home, his parents would tell him he was being his lazy self not studying. Being the oldest child in the house, he was looked as a model to his younger brother who surprisingly, acted more mature for his age.

When another day rolled in, it was already a Saturday afternoon. So it was time for Jimin to head out to Taehyung’s house where the fellow would be waiting in front of his television with possibly the player one controller already in his hands. He took out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans to look at the time when his stomach grumbled all of the sudden. Sheepishly smiling, he thought it would be better for him to swing by a nearby convenience store and buy himself a light snack.

Retracing his steps backwards, he headed down the path which led him to his house. It was only then he noticed a truck parked at a house a couple of doors after his. Shrugging, he entered the store on his left without much delay. Nonetheless, his body seemed to bump onto a figure that was taking the same door as the exit. He stepped to the side and saw the figure; the female figure hastily bowed and apologized simultaneously before zooming off. He never got to see her face clearly yet he simply waved at her with brows furrowed in confusion.

“Did you check out the group text?” Taehyung mentioned as both of them were partially focused on the racing game they played for the past thirty minutes. Not leaving his eyes off the screen, Jimin made his reply, “If it’s the one where Sungjae posted his stupid memes again then my answer is no.”

“No, not Sungjae’s one. The twin’s one and it’s something about a new girl being placed in their class. I don’t know why but I feel jealous of them. How come we never have any new female students? It’s always them.” He chuckled at his friend’s statement, somewhat expected for him to be acting in such manner. The latter then cheered his victory when he saw his car passed the finishing line with Jimin’s followed closely behind.

“You know what? I don’t mind we don’t have the girls in our class. I mean, have you seen Sujeong lately? She’s driving me nuts.” Taehyung suddenly admitted. Again, it was not a shocker because his friend’s crush on the girl had long overdue since the freshman days. Now they are a bunch of seniors who are chasing the diploma to end their school life. “At least someone is happy.” Jimin pursed before placing the controller on the floor and took his legs in his arms.

“Your parents…they’re still fighting?” He asked as he turned the boy when he noticed he grew into his silent self. Since they were not at school, it was easier to converse about the topic so Jimin told him of the latest update of whatever happening in his house. It was not much since practically, he would tell him every day and the fellow would keenly listen to his stories. Only that day, he gained something rare out of Jimin’s mouth.

“At this state, I just wish they file a divorce or something.”

“Hold on there, little one,” Taehyung held his palm up, signalling for Jimin to stop before continuing, “You can’t say that no matter how hard it is. Running away will not work. For a strange reason I feel like I’ve done it. Maybe in another life but that’s not the point. Do you understand me?” Once he ended his long explanation, he saw his friend’s pout turning into a frown.

“Yeah, you said that for multiple times now.” Jimin grumbled and his eyes glared to the phone on the floor before taking it into his hand. “Anyway, I can’t stay that long. I’m planning to finish my homework today so I can really relax tomorrow. That is, if I can get the relaxation I hope for.” Shoulders slumped helplessly, Taehyung patted his back. He really wished he could do something other than giving out advices but unfortunately, he could not do anything other than continuing to show support and lending his time.

Monday came in a wink, a bit too fast for Jimin to make sense of what happened during the weekend besides burying his head between pile of books and blocking the endless screaming which came mostly from his mother’s mouth. He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter