Someday

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: V (Kim Taehyung) x Ryu Sujeong

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author’s choice) "Do you know what purple means? Purple means, I will trust and love you for a long time."

As he trudged his way into the comfort of his home, he was greeted with a smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies coming from the kitchen which stood metres away. Eyes closed as he inhaled the fragrance into his border of consciousness, Kim Taehyung slowly made his steps one after another to the room only to have a frown on his face.

It was all mere imagination. The warmth that was once lingered in the place he called heaven had not been the same for him. There were no cookies being baked. He checked the oven out of curiosity too just to be sure but his shoulders slumping were a sign of his emotion. He should have expected it. After all, it already been six months since the last time he felt at ease, knowing that once he reached his apartment in the past he would see a face he would never be tired off.

Taehyung found the queen double bed empty when he laid his body on it after letting out a long sigh. He had his arm on his eyes, hoping the tiredness packed on his back would be gone but to his dismay, it only burdened him. Lifting it off, his eyes landed on his digital alarm clock on the nightstand by his side, blinking the number eight followed by two zeros at the other end. He changed his position soon after when his stomach grumbled since it was left ignored for hours already. Pursing his lips together, he decided it was time to fill it back if he wanted to continue whatever he should do the next couple of hours.

It was all still so clear in his mind. The way a pair of hands would wrap around his waist and the light tinkling voice entering his ears like music that he would never get tired of listening. Halting his work at the kitchen counter, he transferred the weight of his upper body to another leg while pondering over a distant memory. When it got the better side of his brain, he was no longer in the vicinity as his body was.

The memories came back in a form of dilemma, of guilt. Was he not doing his best in the past? Maybe – the answer ringed before another statement was made. If he was stronger instead of letting the worse harbouring on his side, can he hold her till the end just as promised? The answer might be a huge ‘no’ if he still remained with his selfish self. All she did was to help but what did he call her? A burden. He could not believe he actually said that to her.

“Ow.” He winced when he felt a sting on his index finger. Apparently, though his mind was drifting away, his hands decided to work overtime and proceeded on with cutting the spring onion on the cutting board. Rushing to the sink nearby, Taehyung washed the tiny cut under the cold water, muttering incoherent words but somewhere along the line he would say how foolish he was to be in such state. To have his own finger cut and to reminisce unwanted memories at the same time.

By the time he was done, he grabbed the end of the sink only to have his shoulders shook as he made another attempt to prevent himself from breaking down. Tears were no longer present but the feeling of regret, disappointment and resent were still nailed in his heart. Moving on was an option told by a friend of the same age as him. Nonetheless, his choice was another path, the total opposite of the friend’s suggestion.

The next four days passed by slowly in his opinion as he trudged to his office on one dreadful morning. To see another pile of papers on the table was expected so he immediately took his seat and opted to skim through to begin his day. Sliding on his thin-rimmed glasses to get a better vision of the written work in front of him, he began the day with another reading.

Apparently it was a proposal for a new segment for the radio station he had solely spent most his two years after twenty. He remembered why he was there in the first place. If it was not for her idea, he would not be there. Which was why every day after the scenario happened, he could no longer found fun while at work because all of it reminded him of the days – the good and bad days with her.

It was a very simple segment and typical too. Listeners would submit their stories and they would read it for the entire loyal listeners in South Korea to know. He would admit; these people from the future that would send in their short snippets of life are brave bunch unlike him who was coward to even face the person he turned against after years of support.

Accepting the idea rather quickly in any of his co-workers minds’, Taehyung merely smiled when his close acquaintance, Jeon Jungkook asked of his well-being though technically speaking, he only been there as a part of the panel of scriptwriters for radio dramas for two months but he learned a lot about the fellow just by talking and taking note from his other colleagues.

“I’m fine. It’s what the audiences want, right? So why not give what they want.” He spoke and for an obvious reason, he thought the same sentences were reflected back on him. The fake smile plastered on him already washed away within seconds into the short conversation. Once lunch came into view, most of his co-workers would make their way out of the building to eat. Save for Jungkook who happened to be peculiarly persistent that day, dragging him out of his cubicle to go for lunch together. Taehyung preferred within the inside of the company to begin with. That would require less walking time in his opinion and also for another reason.

“Hyung, I heard that you’re getting offered to be the DJ for the new segment. Are you going to accept it? I would tune to it though. Not trying to be biased or anything. It’s just a way to show support.” Jungkook spoke in between feeding himself with rice and a dish they ordered beforehand. “I did.” The older fellow shortly made his reply much to the other’s dismay. He wished he would talk more. He seemed like someone would do so upon first impression, to be frank.

Well, he will be able to listen more of his voice once he sat in the recording booth for his new job. Working behind the scene for those two years actually getting dull so why not doing something he had been chasing and that was to be a radio DJ. It can be just for one day and he would be very satisfied, crossing it off his bucket-list.

It was not long until it came, his first try worked like a miracle and the director in charge for the segment was more than happy to know he did not make the wrong decision of having him out of his cubicle. Putting up his signature fake smile upon exiting the booth for the day, he looked back the script in his hands as he walked towards his working space.

He sensed the segment was an interesting one. Reading their stories as some of them would attach a song or two for the public to get the idea of the whole view. Some were sadder than the other. But in the course of a week, during his third time of going on with the segment, a story regarding break up was a topic that triggered him to be emotionally overwhelmed. Jungkook who kept his promise to tune in as his fingers busy typing away on the keyboard felt disturbed at the change of tone in the fellow’s tone.

“Are you crying?” Those were the words written on Taehyung’s screen, coming from the director himself. He was not crying. There were no tears. However, his expression was enough to be seen by the crew on the other side of the glass. “Sorry.” He said helplessly before continuing his job by reading.

He thought he would act professional when the day comes tumbling on his lap. That was not the case as he proceeded, stuttering once in a while. The script – he read it before entering the booth without looking until the end of the page. Taehyung reached the final story and the song was prepared by the crew. All he had to do was to play them.

The s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter