I See You

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Suga (Min Yoongi) x Yoo Jiae

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) On the night when she thought she made the wrong decision, he came and sees right through her.

Stray of lights flickered its way into the dim room of the penthouse located in the heart of the city as she continued to rub her sides with eyes never had any intention of leaving the view. It worked as a form of distraction over her twisting nerves and mind. The silence present in the room was the type of atmosphere she already grew immune of since the last twelve months of her life with him. When she breathed out a sigh, she wondered if the ‘yes’ and nodding from the past was the right decision.

Being the only daughter of a wealthy and successful business man, Yoo Jiae knew her life was already planned ever since she was little kid. Starting from the seemingly useless piano classes up to her choice of university major, she lived in a full controlled manner. But she did not fight for freedom, strangely enough unlike any other girl of her age. She learned the way and picked up bits and pieces of the company her father owned from the bottom. That was the only thing come out from her own will and her parents accepted the idea.

On a tranquil spring season which fell on her 23rd birthday was the total game changing without the controller in her hands. Eyeing on a man suited up for the occasion held in the exact same abode she had been standing in, she remembered how his blonde hair bounced as he casually advanced towards her with lips trying hard not to quirk upwards. She believed love at first sight and the belief was mutual as they chatted away until the moment their parents called and deliver the unexpected news.

Snapping her head back where the wall clock hung above the decorative fireplace, Jiae’s mouth tightened out of her consciousness as her heart continuously beat on its usual pace. As if on cue, the tinkling bell coming from the entrance filled the entire house as an indication her husband had indeed arrived home after hours of work. She saw a glimpse of him taking off his shiny black shoes from his feet which made her turned back to the large windows she had been staring.

“Jiae,” he called her by her name. He had always used the name instead of calling her with anything to show their current relationship status but she did not mind. She did not expect him to change. “You didn’t answer my call. Are you alright?” He asked in his low whispery tone before snaking his arms around her petite figure, placing his chin on her shoulder to see her side profile.

“I’m fine, Yoongi.” The wife replied and another sigh escaped between her lips before she untangled the hands off her waist. Min Yoongi was not much of a talker once he set his feet out of the house. So when she was doing the same treatment, he gently turned her body to face him fully. “You don’t sound so fine. What’s wrong?”

To be honest, he was tired and to be home and saw her in such state washed a hint of tiredness away for a while. He pulled her to the dining area where apparently the occasional takeout were still in its paper boxes and plastic. Instantly walking to the kitchen to fetch plates and chopsticks, Yoongi served the food her brought before telling her to eat. Unfortunately, she remained immobile as she simply glared at the dishes on the table as if only her body was in the room, not her mind.

“What is the best decision you have ever made in your life?” She asked softly and if it was not because the quietness of the room, he would not be able to pick up her words. “Is that what you have been thinking off?” It was his turn to do the questioning but she did not answer. That was fair since he technically did not reply to hers. And the night went on in the same soundless scene until they washed up and went to bed.

The female did not require any alarm to set for her to be awake as her body worked in a timely manner as soon as the sun was up, slapping her on the face to begin another day. Once she leaned her back on the headboard, her eyes to her side where she should see his sleeping figure but not that day. He was nowhere to be seen. It took her seconds to hear the gushing sound of shower behind closed bathroom door.

“He’s up early.” Jiae mused verbally and her brows furrowed while lips jutted in wonder. Since he was interrupting her daily routine, she decided to head out to the kitchen to make breakfast for two. Taking out the necessary utensils out of the cupboards, she chose to make a simple meal: Korean style pancakes and freshly pressed orange juices.

“Good morning.” Yoongi greeted before inhaling the fragrance coming from the stove and saw her back facing him as she was preoccupied by pancake flipping. Subtly eyeing on his figure who found a spot on her left side, she quickly took note of his simple attire which were white shirt and those tear-up jeans he loved wearing if he had a free day. But it was a Wednesday. Why was he wearing those when he supposed to be heading to the office?

“Good morning. Are you not going to work today? Aren’t you running late?” She finally asked before pushing his body aside as he was blocking her way to place the breakfast on its plate. Shaking his head, Yoongi plotted his back on the fridge as his eyes following her movement from one end to another end of the kitchen. “I decided to take three days off. Eat up. We’re leaving this place.” That was all he spoke before munching down the well-cooked pancakes, leaving Jiae puzzled.

“Yoongi, you’re the future CEO of the company. You can’t just take day-offs. Besides, it’s not like you planned anything behind my back.”

“Believe me. I didn’t wake up at dawn just to pack your clothes for you, Jiae. Hurry or we’ll be late for our flight!” He scooped a mouthful of the meal and fed her when he had the opportunity since she was gaping for no apparent reason.

She was not joking when she said last night that her life was planned from the start. Therefore, she was not accustomed of impromptu flight to a foreign country within the continent. The thought of Yoongi tossing in her underwear and other girly things into her baggage made h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter