Favourite Novelist

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Rap Monster (Kim Namjoon) x Baby Soul (Lee Soojung)

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) Meeting up with the real writer of his favourite novel.

The sound of shower stopped and a man in his 20s stepped out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a blue towel in his hands. He threw the towel on a chair situated nearby and lazily walked towards the mirror to style his hair. That day was one of the important days in his life. Like seriously important. Okay, that was just a figurative speech but he was indeed excited for the day.

Once he was satisfied with the way his hair shaped into, he grumbled before putting on his black cap instead. Nice choice and not to mention waste of time. He laughed at himself for such hasty decision while adjusting his final look by the mirror. Minutes later, his phone ran one the nightstand and he knew who called without even checking the name on it.

“Good morning, hyung.” He merrily greeted the caller and waited for the yell in anticipation. They had been friends for so long to expect the expected. “Yah, Namjoon! Where are you? You’re like fifteen minutes late. You don’t plan to make me wait in line for you that long right? I got a business to run!” The voice on the other side said, making the male, namely Kim Namjoon to chuckle at his friend’s outburst.

“Wait up hyung. I’ll be there as soon as possible. Just give me twenty minutes. Bye!” He assured before hanging up the call. As much as he was prepared for Kim Seokjin’s wrath, he rather saves his ears to listen to other wonderful things in life. The phone was back where it was and before he knew it, he already grabbed his bag to pack the necessary things.

“Ah, can’t forget you now, right?” Namjoon asked to an inanimate, three centimetres thick book with a smile. He tucked the book in his bag and jogged out of his room, feeling light hearted of his day ahead. He managed to pass by a fragrant aroma of his mother’s cooking yet he did not have the time for breakfast when he imagined Seokjin’s furious self if he was to delay it any longer.

“You’re up early. Any fancy plans?” Mrs. Kim questioned her son as she placed two pieces of pancakes on an empty white plate. Instead of a concrete answer, Namjoon kissed his mother on the cheek and patted his bag as a gesture about his plan. He already told the woman ahead of time so she acknowledged it. The mother nodded understandingly yet there was a visible frown when her son went straight towards the door.

“Can’t you at least eat one piece, Namjoon-ah?” She asked but he already left the house. She shook her head and continued making more of the breakfast. In her brain though, she made a self-countdown since she knew her son’s action very well.

“3...2...1...”

And as if on cue, Namjoon literally ran inside the house and to his room in a second. He sheepishly laughed once he dashed out of the room with his phone. Halting briefly by the kitchen, he spoke, “I forgot my phone.” And left the scene again. A loving smile appeared on Namjoon’s mother’s face and she shook her head. “That boy…”

Namjoon ran with all the energy he could muster. For once, he regretted not having the ability to drive or at least asked Seokjin to fetch him at his house. Running all the way to the nearest subway station, he panted for oxygen before advancing towards the crowded entrance. He tried to fish out his subway card but failed which then he remembered.

“Why did I let him borrow it?! He can drive, no prob.” Namjoon questioned to no one in particular and rubbed his face at the thought. His ears picked up the train coming from far so he quickly made a turn to the ticket machine to make his purchase.

Unfortunately for the fellow, he missed the earliest train he could board and had ot wait for another four minutes for the next one. Seokjin had been calling him but he ignored him since he had a feeling that the older male would scream at him for being late. He sighed in relieve once he saw a train arrived within the expected time. He swiftly boarded the train and stood by the door since his stop was three stops away.

Zooming off to his destination, Namjoon took his time to watch the city scenery. It already been years since his family moved to the centre of Seoul but he could not help but to mesmerise by how much the city had developed. During his school years, he could only see rows of houses and small shops but all of that had been replaced with higher and cool looking buildings. One thing that never changed though was the trees on the streets.

Whilst watching the outside world, he saw a head was bobbing about in the corner of his eye. The figure did not look comfortable in such position. Judging by the long hair on the shoulders, Namjoon assumed it was a girl sleeping. She was wearing a white shirt and a black pair of slack pants. Her face was not visible thanks t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter