Remember That

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Park Jimin x V (Kim Taehyung) x Kei (Kim Jiyeon)

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) A reunion she will never forget.

“Where is my knight in shining armour? Save me from this green dragon.” A little girl dramatically recited as she placed the back of her hand on her forehead. Being high on a tree house she was, Kim Jiyeon giggled when her eyes caught the view of the same age friend, Kim Taehyung adjusted his fallen fake dragon head made out of boxes they made in their kindergarten. Once the fellow roared over in her direction, the girl called for her saviour.

“Fear not my princess as I’m here for you at last!” Park Jimin, the third member of the crew stated as he raised the cardboard sword in the air. Carried along between his legs was a stick with a head of a white unicorn, appearing to be his imaginary ride. Laughter filled the backyard owned by the girl’s household and the three of them continued playing in their fantasy world.

That was how she recalled the play date that once occupied three years of her life until the age of six. Smiling fondly at the photo album in her hands, Jiyeon’s fingers traced the picture where the previous memory was made. Her parents took a few candid pictures. When she saw the last picture where Jimin had threw out pink petal-like papers to ‘defeat’ dragon Taehyung, the smile on her face grew wider. It was a silly action but they were merely children so everything seemed to make sense back then.

“Jiyeon-ah, have you done packing? Your father waits for you downstairs.” Her mother spoke behind the opened door of her room. She saw her daughter’s album in her hands and she knew how much she dearly cherished her past. She was all grown up into a beautiful young woman and following her older siblings’ footsteps, she too got herself a place in university. Meaning, she had to leave the comfort of her room and move to the metropolitan city of Seoul on her own. “Yeah, I’m done.” She replied before tucking the album into her bag and warily made her leave.

She was walking passed the kitchen when she saw the old tree house. It did not look the same as the one in her memory and also she took note of how long she actually climbed up there. She was twelve when the two male best friends she had moved to another state. Before she realised it, she found herself gaped at the news of them becoming trainees of a rising entertainment agency. Again, that was in the past.

Both Jimin and Taehyung are popular idols belonged to Big Hit Entertainment and their fans alike. Well, she is one of the ARMY but she never told them. Not that she even has the opportunity doing so. Letting out a knowing sigh, she spun around and dragged the wheeled baggage before heading to her brand new life.

University life had done enough mercy to her luck when orientation and the first few classes went according to her wants and plans. She made a number of friends. Since she signed for the study a season late, her roommate was someone younger by one year. As weeks passed, Jiyeon was burning the midnight oil, attempting to finish the latest writing assignment. Jealous of her roommate who was sleeping since she was done, she decided to catch a quick break.

Not having to live within the campus ground, Jiyeon had the chance to witness the night of Seoul in action without having to worry about curfews set up by the university. Her sister was staying within the block so that explain why her parents let her doing so. When she found a twenty four hours convenience store down the semi-busy street, she entered since felt a bit dry. Spring was only making its beginning mark and seeing patches of pink and green on trees outside once she sat by the windows, sipping her hot tea, she felt elated that was until she saw a familiar figure – Or rather, two familiar figures.

They were chatting something incoherent, muffled by their black masked but their voices were a giveaway before they lowered the masks to their chin. Gasping at the two, Jiyeon raised from her seat, feeling all giddy and excited. She wanted to sprint to the cold drinks aisle so badly but she told herself to be calm and mature. Therefore, she slowly advanced towards the two boys.

“Hey guys.” She greeted, hoping for them to not notice the nervousness coming out of her short phrase. Turning their heads almost in synchronise, Jiyeon was definitely not the only ones shock at the encounter. Eyes blinked unbelievably, they too smiled bright over to her direction before one of the spoke her name.

“Jiyeon-ah, oh my, it’s really you!” Coming from Taehyung’s mouth, the boy immediately wrapped his arms around the body, apparently thrilled to bump onto his favourite childhood friend. “Tae, you’re suffocating her.” Jimin told as he patted the fellow on his back, signalling him to stop whatever he was doing. Bursting into sheepish laughter, the latter loosen the hug and held her hands instead.

“What are you doing out here alone at night? It’s dangerous you know.” Jimin questioned her, gaining the attention from the two at once. “Yeah, we never thought meeting you here too. Our dorm is nearby, in case you’re wondering.” Taehyung added on and the girl simply shrugged her shoulders.

“My apartment is not that far from here and I’m taking a break from my current assignment. By the way,” Jiyeon purposely halted her words to have her arms folded against her torso, “Aren’t you guys preparing for your comeback or something?” When she was done with her question, she saw Taehyung gasping and Jimin shook his head upon seeing his male friend’s reaction.

“We are and we’re going to shoot the final parts in three days.” It was Jimin’s turn to pause but he had an interesting idea in mind so he continued instantly, “Say, do you want to follow along? We will be shooting in a forest so there will be no fans around to notice you. I bet the guys and our managers will not mind, are they?” He glanced at Taehyung, who already agreed with the plan within a heartbeat.

“I don’t know about that. It sounds tempting. Shouldn’t you guys like, I don’t know,” Jiyeon pursed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter