Golden Luck

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kim Seokjin x Seo Jisoo

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) To everyone else, seeing colours is normal but what if those colours radiates around people upon one touch?

 

The ticked time rhythmically filled the office of the day-care where a woman in her early twenties breathed out air from her lungs with eyes never left the scattered papers occupying her workspace for the past thirty minutes. She was not alone though that if a camera was to pan over the opposite of her chair, one could see a little girl sitting obediently by the window as the light casted was growing dimmer. Seo Jisoo merely smiled tiredly when her eyes caught the child’s hopeful expression as she continuously stared outside.

“Soomin,” Jisoo called in a hushed tone but the other had an amazing hearing and judging on the girl’s yellow coloured aura radiated around her an hour ago as she took her to the room, she was very sure it was an important day. “Do you have any plans with your father today?” She asked and the girl, Kim Soomin jumped off her small chair to walk over. Holding her on the arms, the woman detected the colour she saw before getting lighter as if it was going away.

To everyone else, seeing colours is normal. That does not apply to Jisoo since she tends to see them in a whole different meaning. She recalled the first time she encountered such ability at the age of four but to be honest, she saw it way before that yet before she thought it was not something to be scared off. Her younger self would run home crying one day after a hectic school day of a first grader as the colours were too intense for her to register. Nonetheless, she learned quickly that she should try her best to reduce the number of skin contacts with other seeing that was the way it triggered.

“It’s my birthday today, Miss Seo.” Soomin spoke in the same whispery voice and there was a hint of disappointment whereby the yellow aura slowly turning grey. A colour she often sees when one felt gloomy and sad. It was easier to say that Jisoo did not like that colour on the kids she took care off in the day care.

Speaking of day care, with the so-called power she possessed, one would wonder among all professions she could had choose to pick like psychologist or an advisor of some sort, why being a child-care in the midst of a bustling city? One of her answers would be she simply loves children and that was it so far. She could not think of any other besides that.

There she met with a woman older than her by two years but visually motherly for her actual age. Lee Soojung opened the day care centre ever since she thought the particular building she bought formerly to open a music studio with her husband was changed. Her current five year old boy was the major reasoning too along with a number of children she had to babysit in those years back.

“Did appa forget that he send me here today?” The girl asked as tears began to brim on her eyes, threatening to fall any time soon. “Hey, don’t say that, Soomin. I’m sure your father is just running late. But an hour late is questionable.” Jisoo muttered the last sentence away from the child’s face, not wanting her to hear it.

“What is your father’s work again, Soomin?” It was her turn to question just so Soomin could change her attention from the thought of her father to something else. “He works at a restaurant.” She replied shortly before a pout formed on her lips. By that time, the grey aura already took over the little girl’s body so Jisoo wrapped her arms around her for a hug. Patting the girl’s back gently to soothe the tension that filled in her young mind.

Jisoo knew Soomin’s father, briefly. Kim Seokjin was man with the same age as Soojung so it was not surprising to see him sending Soomin to the day care as often. He must have been a busy man at whatever restaurant he worked or possibly owned. He never stepped into the rooms in the day care’s building though. Therefore, she did not have the chance of conversing with the male although it was summing up to one whole year since the first day Soomin was sent there. And it also did not help the fact he preferred to meet the owner straight ahead instead to talk about his daughter.

As if she knew someone was talking about her, Soojung poked her head inside the comfort of Jisoo’s office with worry when she saw Soomin in her arms. “It’s so unlike Seokjin to be this late.” She informed a statement which Jisoo already acknowledge. “And I’m sorry that you have to look over Soomin today. It’s family dinner night.”

“That’s alright, unnie. I can take care of it. Soomin will be fine.” Jisoo assured and ruffled the girl’s hair with a warm smile taking over her face. The face people would often mistake to be cold and mysteriously too pretty to work behind office desk. Glancing at the older’s figure, she added on, “Say hello to Namjoon for me.”

“Sure will. I’ll get going now.” Soojung closed the wooden door lightly and assumingly left the scene but Jisoo overheard her talking beyond the closed door. Soomin’s ears perked at the familiar voice she detected which made her ran towards the door. She did not have to hold her to know that the grey returned back to yellow now that her father had arrived.

Stood tall in front of the entrance of her office was him in simple black shirt and pants while his hair was tousled messily, a visual that screamed how fast he got to the day care from the restaurant he worked at. There was also a small sized towel wrapped around his neck but Jisoo was busy looking at Soomin after that to notice the way Seokjin smiling warmly at his one and only daughter.

“I apologies for the trouble, Miss Seo. I had to work extra time at the restaurant.” He told her as he squatted beside Soomin, holding her shoulders, glad to see the girl was still well-spirited even after her father being tardy on her special day. “That’s alright.” It seemed that Jisoo might have repeated her words but hey, it was the truth. It was alright since Soomin was a very good girl under her watch.

“Did I hold you back from heading home too?” Seokjin asked where a hint of guilt laced between the words as he stood up on his two feet once again. Jisoo took note the fellow’s height as it was no much difference than hers but he was a bit higher than she ever predicted whenever she saw him through the window of her room at the day care.

“Actually, I was planning to stay at my office until dinner since I had papers to sort through. Consider yourself lucky. Soojung had her family dinner to at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter