Shattered Holiday

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Suga (Min Yoongi) x Yoo Jiae

P.O.V: First person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author's choice) In which Jiae decided to go on a calm solo vacation, only to have a noisy next door occupant.

Yoo Jiae's P.O.V

A holiday at long last, leaving the crowded city and entered the most tranquil place I can imagine, the beach. As I am walking down towards the lobby of the budget chalet I found on the internet, I sigh once I see the swimming pool calling for me and the sea calling me with their soft sound of the waves. Too bad though. I don’t know how to swim. Why did I decide to go on a holiday vacation alone?

After checking in to the resort, I am taken by the resort assistant to my room. Upon reaching the room, the assistant unlocks the door of the room. I thought it was the best to book a simple and affordable one instead of the fancy five star hotels which I knew located about a couple of kilometres away from the resort I chose.

After placing my luggage in the corner of the room, I take a quick glance of the room. It is decent enough for a single like me. Just a white bed on my left and a dresser on the right but then confusion hit me when I realise two things.

One, there is no bathroom. “There is a public shower and toilet nearby. Just walk straight down that path.” The male resort assistant answered my question. Great, I have to use a public bathroom. I can handle that but the second question does bug me a lot. “Why is there a gap on the wall?” The boy looks up to where I had pointed bluntly. He chuckles at my question before answering.

“It’s for ventilation. As you can see, you’re in the second room and there’s no window. You kind of have to share... air.” He explained as he quoted the word ‘share’. Fine choice of word I say. Having to use a public bathroom and no full privacy of the room was definitely something never crossed my mind.

What if the next door renter is a ert and sneaks out on me in the middle of the night? What if someone will spy on me and tried to murder me? Okay, where did that came from? A murderer? Let’s just hope I get the calm and relaxing vacation that I planned.

“So, is it okay, Miss?” I nodded my head and spin around with a smile. “It's fine.” Shortly, I answered. He then continues explaining more about the resort management and services before asking a permission to leave. As soon as he is gone, I close the door slowly, trying not to disturb the room next by. From what I knew, only one room was currently filled, so might as well respect him or her.

That is until the neighbour breaks the calming sound of the waves with loud sound of music. Is that a hip-hop song? Or is it a ballad song? I am a music lover but interrupting my peace? He or she just crosses the line. “Excuse me; can you please turn the music down?” I asked politely but loudly to beat the loud volume. The person next door must hear it since the mysterious person next door off the music.

“I’m sorry, but I need to finish my work.” Judging by the sound, it comes from a male. Instead of greeting by another silence, he turns it back on and if possible, it is louder. I sigh for a couple of times before walking up to the wall with the gap. Since the gap is high and almost touches the ceiling, I scream from below. “I said please! Can you turn down the volume?! I think it was louder than before!” I am glad there was no one in the other room.

The male ignores my plea completely. He sure messes with wrong girl. I am not as patient as I supposed to. I am the most short-tempered one in my family. But I decide to let this one slide and change into my shirt and shorts for a walk by the beach. I remember to slam the door out loud on purpose before locking the door. Once, I leave the room for the time being, the male merge from his room. “She left for a while I guess.” He reasoned and continues his ‘work’.

By the time it is dark, I think it is time head back to the resort. I walk pass by the swimming pool. With the chilly evening wind, it is rather surprising to see people still in the water and there are four males to be exact. In the corner of the pool area however, another two males had set up a barbecue. Are they even allowed to do that? I shrug and begin to walk to my room but another body bumps onto mine, making me to fall on the edge of the pool. Did I mention I don’t know how to swim?

Before I can fall to my doom, the figure who I assumed is the cause of the incident, tugs my hand and gracefully lands on the person’s chest. I begin to panic at once before looking up to my so-called saviour. There is he in front of me. His black fringe was brushed to the side of his face, framing his almost pale face perfectly. Don’t even get me start on my rambling about how gorgeously handsome he is. My heartbeat speeds up and my breath quickens.

“Hey, are you alright?” He asked me. I nod my head before I stabilise my stand.  The male smiles as he nervously rubs his nape. Aw, what a shy guy. I think I like him already. I held in my laughter by my own thought. I’m such a creeper.

“I should go to my room.” I managed to stutter as I passed by him and walked away from the swimming pool while he walks towards the bunch of people that were barbecuing. I hear a voice called someone’s name which I hope it was owned by him. “Yah, Min Yoongi. Where were you?!”

 

 

Min Yoongi's P.O.V

“Yah, Min Yoongi. Where were you?!” His voice knocks me out of my trance. I just realize that I must look like a walking zombie. Oh wait, Hoseok just had to include that along with his question. I shrug as I reach the rest of the gang. Including me, there are seven of us. Let me list down their names.

Starting with the eldest in the crew is Kim Seokjin or Jin as what we preferred to call him because calling him Seokjin will only make us recalling the face of a member from Running Man. Also there are Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and the youngest, Jeon Jungkook. We came from different background but fate brought us together. All of us share the same dream, to be an entertainer but it looks like it will not happen any time soon.

So here we are at the Sunrise View Resort, barbecuing and swimming in the pool to our hearts content. But we are here not for the vacation. We are a band. We are a band of musicians to be exact. Well, not the orchestra ones but you know, the ones like FT Island or CN Blue. Are that even the bands people are into these days? Guitars, drums, keyboards and any other instrument and the list can go on. We play them but my speciality is the piano and music composition.

Enough of chattering about my life, my thought drifts off once again about the girl I bumped onto. There is this slight attraction from her. I never thought I will feel this when I meet a girl. Of course I met one or two, besides my female relatives, but still. There is something familiar about her.

This time I hear Namjoon calls my name, shouting across the pool where the members waiting for me to start the feast. “Stop staring blankly into space and eat up, hyung.” Jimin said as he pointed the grilled Korean beefs in front of me before he eats from his own plate. I shake my head and grasp a pair of chopstick but I cannot help but to have a quick glance at the place where the girl almost fall.

 

 

Yoo Jiae's P.O.V

After showering at the cold and dim public bathroom, I trudge back to my room while drying my hair with my towel on the head. Looking up at the gap above, I sigh in content. It is dark which means the guy isn’t in his room. At least I can have a peaceful sleep.

I throw my body on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter