Run For You

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jeon Jungkook x Lee Mijoo

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: Mijoo left Jungkook but he still wants her back. She then realises the different charms he actually has and falls for him over again.

Being on the track field in a cooped area was not anyone’s favourite scene yet it was an exception for his fellow mates to do their daily practice after the bell rang in the basketball court. Sweat would be trickling from their top to bottom in the most uncomfortable situation ever. After their first break for the day, Jeon Jungkook heard their coach’s whistle signalling for the runners to be ready on their temporary starting line.

He was not in the mood. Not for one, two or three days but for a span of one week. The changes showed by him were relatively obvious by many, especially in the eyes of his good female friend, Ryu Sujeong. One of the changes were when she would turn her head to the left only to see the mentioned boy crossing the finish line about three seconds later after her which was mind you, definitely not Jungkook’s initial intention.

Make it a mere training session, friendly competition and of course the actual races, he was not the kind of person who would let himself lose because that would hurt not only his reputation as the fastest track runner in the school but also his ego. Panting hard at the end of the line, Jungkook suddenly made a kicking motion before ruffling his hair and groaned helplessly. Moody was an accurate word to put on the attitude he was putting on for his friends to see. Advancing to his slumped figure, she titled a bit to meet with his face.

“Yah, you’ve been acting very strange lately. It’s not often you lose to me, Jeon. Heck, you never lose. What’s wrong with you?” Sujeong asked as she saw his head finally held high so she could see him better instead of craning her head weirdly. “Personal problem. Nothing big, Ryu.” He shortly replied. Maybe a bit too short for assurance and his choice of tone was not something she really heard before.

“Oh no no, you’re definitely not alright. Don’t you mess with me today, Jeon. If you have something to talk about, I’m here for you.” She spoke aloud and whispered with eyes scanning around to make sure there was nobody eavesdropping their conversation. “You’re not dying, are you?”

“What? No, what makes you think like that?!” Jungkook almost yelled but the glare thrown over to his direction was a signal that he should have done it beforehand. “Anyway, are you free later? We still have that Science project to finish.” He added easily, earning a couple of imaginary crow sounds in the background. Scoffing at his sudden emotion switch, the girl bobbed her head as a yes for the question.

“I knew it! I knew it you have a problem!” Sujeong stated in victory as her finger pointed directly on Jungkook’s face that he slapped away soon after. As they planned in between their session, they met up over at his house, in the living area where papers were scattered on the coffee table. Well, his side anyway because compared to the other, hers was not as messed up.

“And I knew you will act this way. Help me, Ryu. You’re my only hope.”

“Gosh, you don’t have to put it that way. Is it a girl problem? Because it sure sounds like one.” She mentioned while looking at the papers in her hands before turning her attention fully on his flustered expression. “I hate admitting but yeah, a girl problem.” He sighed in defeat. For a reason, it felt embarrassing to come out clean regarding the matter.

“Mind elaborating?”

Beginning with a long exhale from his lungs, the boy’s mind retreated and jumped on his train of thought to explain his trouble.

 

 

“I can’t believe I have to do this. Why do girls even like this kind of things?” Jungkook muttered in a semi-annoyed manner since he tried to grasp behind the theory gave by his friend. In his right hand was a bouquet of freshly arranged flowers of… you know… flowers. He did not know of the ones in his hand but he recalled seeing her face lit up in joy while they passed by a florist stand so he thought it was the best choice.

Standing on the bottom of the flight leading to the massive faculty building, he casually sat on a long wooden bench with eyes fully focused on the object, waiting for the person he had not been seeing for about a month. Yes, such a long period of time to disappear for no apparent reason, right? He had his reason but the other did not buy anything he was selling although every single statement given was the truth.

One by one people began to walk out the double door entrance. However, the fellow was too occupied with his thought where Sujeong’s voice constantly reminding what to do and what not to do. Yesterday’s work was abandoned instantly because she did not like how he appeared distracted throughout the discussion.

“Bring her flowers. Girls love those. After that, how about you try asking if she’s free and take her to the park or something.” Those were the first few suggestion he could recall but Jungkook groaned how tedious it sounded and coming from Sujeong herself, he began to think it might be that reason why his female friend never got into a serious relationship.

Struggling to balance her books in her hold was Lee Mijoo with her sidekick, partner-in-crime, Seo Jisoo exiting the building, not aware of his presence. Technically, Mijoo was the one who was not aware as she was zipping up her bag to notice. However, Jisoo was swifter by nature so she instantaneously tugged her friend off to the side. She was going to question her sudden action only to have the other girl pointed to her front, metres away from their position.

“Yah, isn’t that Jungkook?” Jisoo asked her in a whisper and surely enough the one in questioned scrunched her nose as a sign of annoyance. “Gosh, I hate it when you’re right, Jisoo-ah.” She replied before standing straight from hiding behind a tall bush.

“I thought you broke up with him. Why is he here?”

“Why are you asking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter