Literally Fall In Love

Spring Day Destiny (BangLyz Spring OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jeon Jungkook x Jung Yein

P.O.V: Third person view.

Prompt / Scenario: (Author’s choice) When even a tech expert like Yoongi cannot fix the audio issue, Seokjin opt to get an instant help for the parkour duo in a form of what he calls as his stepsister.

It was loud and chaotic. Those were the two words that suited the moment at the time. Panic passed by later in the young lad’s brain, all because the event was the first for him to experience. Looking from his left to his right, spectators filled up the area, behind grey, chest-high fences. He was nervous beyond anyone could imagine but to his friend, it was just one of his usual jitters. He turned around with wide eyes before asking a close friend of his a question.

“Where is he? He’s late! I... I mean... we can’t perform without music. It would be super awkward.” A male that went by the name Jeon Jungkook hastily walk-about as panic constantly striking him and friendly note, he was not the kind to easily panic. His friend, older than him by three years took hold of the latter’s shoulders, stopping him from moving any further because it was disturbing in his eyes.

“Jungkook-ah, this is normal. Yoongi hyung is just there with his girlfriend. There, right there.” Jung Hoseok, his friend stated obviously as he pointed at a couple rushing to them. Knowing Min Yoongi after years of friendship, it was not surprising to see him late to any event ever. But to be fifteen minutes late, that was questionable in Jungkook’s mind. The pointed couple soon arrived in front of the two, panting for air. “The sound technician is here!” Yoongi cheered with a bright smile which frankly speaking rare to be seen. Maybe that was the result of a happy relationship?

“Good. Now go and set it up! We have a show to put on people!” A very leader-like figure entered the scene out of the blue, jolted the four when they were too coped in their own bubble. Taking Jungkook and Hoseok by their shoulders, being the oldest among the circle he was, it was only logic for him to provide support which he later spoke, “I’m so proud of you guys. We came from the Jump Street to the Youth Day Festival. This is huge!” The eldest or easier said as Kim Seokjin continued to tackle the youngest of the group into a friendly headlock. And one must be wondering. What was the proud news Seokjin made or even meant?

Youth Day festival is held every year by young people at the age of eighteen to twenty-five. They were expected to hold events themselves and tried to earn money for the charity. Just like what stated previously, it was their first time performing. No, not singing nor dancing nor acting. This group of youngsters would be performing the art of moving rapidly through an area, typically in an urban environment, negotiating obstacles by running, jumping and climbing. The definition refers to parkour.

“I’m nervous.”

“You always do.” Hoseok spoke shortly to Jungkook as he squatted, tying his shoelace so he would not trip or embarrassing himself in any form throughout the whole performance. Beyond them were obstacles: boxes, poles, high walls, you name it. It was any suitable objects included to do the rarely-known sport in the area. Some would say they were a crazy bunch of young adults with high energy but that only made the rushing flow of excitement in their veins to go even faster if it was even possible.

Letting out a long shaky exhale, Jungkook did his stretches to prepare his body for the event. He could see from the corner of his eyes Yoongi was also preparing himself, settling the sound system to accompany the parkour performance. Hands would hover on one buttons to another that the young boy had no idea how fast the fellow’s hands were moving from where he stood beside his friends.

“May this be the first and the best?” Seokjin said in a questioning tone as he too was shockingly anxious. He could not join the two as he had stop following the two fellows to the so-called Jump Street where it was heaven for people with the same interest as them. If only he had a lot of spare times like the good old days, he would join them within a heartbeat. “Good luck guys.” The eldest encouraged before setting them off to the main area of their performance.

Apparently there was a dance performance before them, which explained the increasing number of spectators in the area. People of all ages from friends and families, down to complete strangers were around to spend a quality time together to witness the capability of the youngsters of the twenty-first century. It just made the super nervousness grew even more nervous than he supposed to. Inhaling a good chunk of oxygen, his thought ran wildly in the back of his mind.

“What if I messed up?” Jungkook questioned as he turned to look at Hoseok who was still in the midst of warming up his limbs. Glancing up at the boy briefly, he casually answered as he had been hearing the same old fuss. “It’ll be fine. It’s not like you’ve been slacking from practicing anyway.” He could not help himself but to roll his eyes in slight annoyance by his friend’s act.

What Hoseok mentioned was indeed true. Jungkook would lock up in Jump Street building and did his practices, alone. The older one had no idea how or where he got the drive from but the young fellow would climb off to a higher ground and jumped before landing into a huge rectangular box filled with cube-like sponges. He would back-flipped from three metres high platform. He would even do those two times in a row and still had a smile plastered on his face though he was sweating buckets.

That was until a sudden wave of anxiety hit him real hard.

“Be sure to not leave where you are currently standing everyone because you might regret for not seeing the upcoming act.” The master of ceremony suddenly voiced and instantly a roaring chant of pure amazement was heard from the crowd. Judging by the way the MC introducing them, Jungkook could see the genuine curious look on them as his eyes uneasily wandered from one end to another.

“That’s our cue. Are you ready?” Hoseok called off Jungkook’s train of thoughts. The fellow curtly nodded but before they could even step in to their ‘stage’, Yoongi however came running to their spots with unexpected information. “Hate to mention this but there’s something wrong with your audio. It can’t be played properly. The sequence is all wrong and just… totally messes up!”

The twos’ body froze at the sudden news. This could not be happening. Not right now. Not today when dozens of people are waiting. From afar Seokjin rushed to them, seeing that Yoongi was no longer at the sound system booth. All he did was swinging by a booth right up front, behind the crowd of audiences to check them out but his guts brought him back to his original spot instantly. He questioned if everything was alright and why they did not go on stage when the MC already introduced them. Yoongi meekly explained what happened and Seokjin could not help but to groan as he ruffled his hair.

Turning towards the guys, he spoke, “Can’t you guys perform without the song?” Jungkook’s eyes widened in surprise and brows almost connected from what he heard from the eldest. “That’s impossible! Without those our choreography will be off. Yoongi hyung, you need to figure out how to fix it or we will disappoint those crowds which I think is getting bigger by the second.” He informed hesitantly as he landed his gaze on the mentioned people. Having to cancel the performance was something he never thought would be an option.

“If I didn’t try, I wouldn’t even be here now, do I?” Yoongi expertly replied with his arms folded against his torso. Rolling his eyes over to the technical booth, he helplessly conversed with his girlfriend who also had no idea how to fix the situation. Hoseok who was visually feeling all jumpy at the current problem suddenly burst which caught attention of many but he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter