Seventeen

Go Ahead and Break My Heart [Hiatus]

SEVENTEEN


 

Chanwoo didn’t replied to his messages and Ju-ne was worried. He knew that he was overreacting; it happened sometimes, especially when Chanwoo was caught up with his work, but he couldn’t ignored the heavy feeling that gnawed at him.

But then, the next day, when he arrived at his office he got a message from Chanwoo. He felt relieved and that gnawed heavy feeling ebbed away with a smile.

 

I have a meeting near your workplace today.

Want to meet up for lunch?

You said there’s a great sandwich place nearby.

 

His heart jumped.

 

Of course.

My treat.

 

He looked up from his phone and across the room at Hanbin. He dropped his smile and kept a straight face. “Yah,” he called out. “I’m going out to lunch with Chanwoo today. Find your own lunch.”

Hanbin scowled at him and muttered angrily under his breath but he didn’t care.

 

At exactly 12.05pm, his phone rang. It was Chanwoo and he was waiting for him downstairs. He jumped out of his seat, his face spilt into a wide smile, and blindly grabbed his jacket as he rushed out of his office.

Hanbin looked up from his laptop just as the door closed. “I’m going out, Hanbin hyung. Okay, bye Ju-ne!” he muttered, grumpily, to himself.

Ju-ne flew to the lobby, his heart fluttering when he saw Chanwoo, dressed in a grey suit, his dimple-smile curled on his lips. He wanted to kiss him. So, he walked to him, slipped an arm around his waist, and kissed him. It was soft and chaste, and he smiled against Chanwoo’s lips.

Chanwoo looked at him with amusement. “You’re happy to see me,” he said, his tone light.

“I’m always happy to see you.” Chanwoo shook his head lightly, still amused, and Ju-ne kissed his cheek, his lips brushing on the small, dimple at the corner of his mouth. He loved that dimple. “Come on,” he said, trailing his hand down Chanwoo’s arm and entertwining their hands. He led them out. “The sandwich place is great, you’re going to like it. I know how much you like bread. But they don’t have any seatings there so we’re going have to eat it somewhere else.”

“That’s okay,” Chanwoo said.

“There’s a pocket park with benches in front of the public library, we can eat there.”

Chanwoo smiled, “Okay.”

The place was three minutes’ walk from Ju-ne’s office and when they got there, there’s a long line so they shuffled to the back and joined the queue.

Ju-ne glanced at Chanwoo. “You're wearing the tie that Donghyuk bought you,” he said. He reached his hand up and ran his fingers on the tie. “It looks good on you.”

Chanwoo looked down and smiled, adjusting the tie. “Yeah. I love it. It’s becoming my favourite tie.”

With their hands still intertwined, fingers locked together, Ju-ne leaned slightly to Chanwoo, his shoulder pressed againsts him. “You’re always wearing a suit. And a uniform,” he added when he remembered Chanwoo’s baseball league coaching.

“It’s not like I have much choice,” Chanwoo chuckled lightly. “I’m a corporate office worker and a suit is the only suitable clothing I’m allowed.”

“Oh, I’m not complaining.” Ju-ne grinned. “You look hot in a suit.”

Chanwoo ducked his head down, blushing.

Ju-ne’s heart jumped, skipping a beat at Chanwoo’s shy smile. He grinned wider. It’s rare for Chanwoo to be flustered and he couldn’t help but to . “Especially in a fitting, grey suit. Like this. It makes you look smouldering and y.” He leaned closer to Chanwoo, his lips hovering over his ear. “It turns me on.”

Chanwoo’s blushed deeper, his cheeks colouring red. “Stop it,” he murmured quietly, shyly.

Ju-ne laughed, enjoying it.

The queue shortened and they shuffled forward.

“Was everything okay last night? You didn’t replied my messages,” Ju-e said, quietly. “You usually do that when something’s up with your work.”

Chanwoo gave him a small smile. “I was kind of tired last night and the dinner meeting ran on longer than I thought so as soon as I got home I fell asleep.” He cast a sheepish and apologetic look to Ju-ne. “I didn’t see your messages until this morning. Sorry.”

Ju-ne smiled softly, understandingly. “That’s okay. I get it. I was just a bit worried, that’s all.” He blinked in surprised when suddenly Chanwoo kissed him gently. His heart fluttered.

I love you. Those words laid at the tip of his tongue but he bit it away. Not yet.

But he knew, gazing into Chanwoo’s shining, doe eyes, that Chanwoo felt the same way.

He smiled. Soon.

 

 

******

 

Chanwoo stared at the file in his hands. He could hear the echoing ticking of the wall clock hung above, behind him; loud and deafeningly.

Tick.

Tick.

He sighed, his heart felt heavy.

There was a knock on his door and he lifted his head up as the door swung open and his assistant walked in.

“Mr Jung, the car is ready downstairs for you. Your train to Busan leaves in an hour.”

Chanwoo nodded his head. He glanced back down at the file in his hands. “Okay, thank you,” he murmured distractedly. He pursed his lips tightly and stood up, folding his hand around the file. He looked at his assistant, coolly. “You go on ahead. I need to deliver this file to the Chairman’s office, first.”

His assistant stepped forward, arms moving out, and opened. But Chanwoo cut her with a sharp tone. “It will be better if I personally do it. It won’t take a moment. I’ll be downstairs – you can wait for me there.”

She pursed her lips and nodded her head.

“Have all the necessary documents been sent for the purchasing of the building?”

“Yes, Mr Jung. Mr Han have received them and said that the procedure of the purchasing will be complete at the beginning of next week,” his assistant replied.

Chanwoo nodded his head, “Good. I won’t be long,” he added.

With a quick nod, his assistant turned and left his office.

He stared back at the file.

“You will fight, Chanwoo. I’m doing this for you. If Taeho becomes the Chairman, not only will he destroy this company but he will strip you until you have nothing.”

He doesn’t want to fight. He’s determined not to.

“Once you’ve become the Chairman, Chanwoo, you’ll understand. You’ll understand that you’ll need to defend what is yours. Whatever it takes.”

But maybe he has to.

His stomach twisted and his heart felt heavy.

 

******

 

When Ju-ne woke up, he smiled happily. He always smiled happily when he woke up on a weekend but this weekend was special; it was going to the weekend, Busan, Chanwoo and him. This was going to be their first trip away together and he knew it was going to be perfect. He loves Busan (his parent had took him there very often for holidays) and he loves Chanwoo. He rolled in his bed with giddiness, laughing to himself, at the thought.

He had booked the ticket and at exactly the scheduled time, he jumped into the train to Busan, his heart pounding with excitement. He scrolled through his phone throughout the journey, eyes glued to the screen as he searched the places that they could go to and spend their time together, and thinking of showing Chanwoo the places he had visited with his family when he was younger as well.

 

******

 

His shoes echoed quietly against the marble floor as he walked through the lobby of the venue where the World Economic Forum took place. He had seen this building a few times, only passing by, whenever he visited Busan but he had never entered it and now he was in awe. He craned his neck, mouth slightly gaping and eyes wide at the incredible, vast, palatial interior. It was as if he walked into a hall of a chateau.

He stuffed his hands into his pockets, suddenly feeling out of place and nervous. Maybe, he should’ve called Chanwoo and waited for him first, he thought as he carefully wandered around but then as he turned the corner, his eyes caught a board in front of a large, double oak door. When he got closer, he saw the printed words on it.

 

An official media conference is being taken place inside.

Only authorized person is allowed in.

 

Ju-ne glanced around; he was hidden from the reception desk and there are nobody at the door or around him. He bit his lips. He pulled the door open slightly and in quick steps, sneaked inside.

The room was large and extravagant, with draped red curtains, chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings and smooth, patterned carpet. It was filled with neatly, organized rows of chairs that were occupied by people attached with phones and laptops in their hands; and there a few people with cameras standing and crouching in the middle of the aisle, their attentions focused on a platform at the end of the room. It was crowded and noisy with voices and flashes of cameras, all in sync at the same time.

Ju-ne shifted his gaze to the platform. There were three men and two women sitting on it, and among the men was Chanwoo. He was sitting in the middle, dressed in a fitted dark, navy suit, black skinny tie and leather shoes, with his hands clasped on his lap and a small microphone clipped to his lapel. His head was tilted to the direction of the MC, his face stoic and his eyes sharply gazed, focused.

Ju-ne’s breath got caught in his throat. His heart palpitate and his cheeks blushed.

He glanced around and spotted the empty last row of seats to his right. He grabbed a seat at the corner, view hidden, and waited, keeping his eyes fixed on Chanwoo the entire time. He watched and listened in awe as Chanwoo answered every question given to him in articulate and precise words, logically explaining his knowledge and opinions on the world economics in the sector of business and politics. His voice was calm and his face was composed, showing no sign of nervousness but professionalism. Ju-ne could tell that this wasn’t the first time Chanwoo had addressed a conference.

His heart skipped a beat. He smiled to himself. Men do look y when they’re working.

 

******

 

When Chanwoo stepped out of the conference room, immediately, he saw Ju-ne at the lobby seating area. He was dressed in all black, his hair combed down, handsome, tall and awkward. And Chanwoo’s heart skipped a beat.

He came.

Ju-ne smiled at him and gave a small wave.

His heart skipped again and he felt something like a tingling sensation spread all over his body. He smiled.

His personal assistant was talking to him, narrating his next schedule, but he doesn’t hear it. Eyes fixed on Ju-ne, he ignored her and walked to him. “You really came,” he breathed.

Ju-ne smiled widely, his teeth and gum showing. “Of course! I told you I would.”

“How long have you been here?”

Ju-ne chuckled embarrassingly. “I was actually in the room…watching you,” he said sheepishly, shyly.

Chanwoo raised his eyebrows, amused. “You did? I’m sorry. That must’ve been boring for you.”

“No, it was okay. I mean, I didn’t understand some of the financial terms but you were cool.” He grinned. “Smart. Very smart. It was like listening to an MP instead of a corporate office worker.”

Chanwoo snorted, “Your admiration for me, Mr Koo, are flattering but a little exaggerated at times.”

“But you were smart.”

Chanwoo shook his head lightly, flustered, and brushing off the compliment.

Ju-ne bit his lips. He leaned forward, cupping Chanwoo’s jaw, and kissed him. When they pulled apart, they stared in each other’s eyes, hearts pounding.

“Hi,” Ju-ne whispered, running his thumb softly over Chanwoo’s cheek.

Chanwoo chuckled breathlessly. “Hi,” he whispered back.

 

******

 

“Good afternoon, Mr Jung. How can we help you today?” The receptionist asked when Chanwoo leaned over the hotel reception desk. She smiled and greeted him politely.

“I have another room reservation made,” Chanwoo said.

The receptionist turned to her computer and dribbled her fingers over her keyboard. “Yes. You’ve requested the same suite room as yours and on the same floor. Breakfast included. For one night. Would you like it now, Mr Jung?”

Chanwoo nodded his head. “Yes, thank you.” He pulled out his wallet and handed her his personal credit card. Once she finished the transaction, she handed him back his card along with a hotel room card key. He thanked her again and walked back to Ju-ne who was waiting for him at the seating area. He waved the card key. “Come on,” he said, “I’ll take you.”

Ju-ne grinned and wrapped Chanwoo’s hand in his.

Chanwoo’s personal assistant appeared with a tight smile on her face and her phone clutched in her hand. She carefully stood next to him to gain his attention. Chanwoo glanced at her, his face stoic.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you, Mr Jung, but I need to remind you of your next schedule at three –”

“Cancel it.”

She blinked at Chanwoo, stunned. “I’m sorry, Mr Jung?”

“Cancel all of my schedules for the rest of the day. And also tonight. I will not be attending the dinner,” Chanwoo ordered, breezily. “Most of them are not important anyway.”

His assistant frowned. “But Mr Jung, the dinner is –” Chanwoo gazed at her sharply, his lips pursed in a tight, thin line. She clamped shut and nodded her head. “I will inform them of your absent, Mr Jung.”

Chanwoo nodded his head curtly, approvingly. “Thank you.”

Ju-ne swallowed. He glanced at Chanwoo’s impassive face and sharp eyes. He had never seen this side of Chanwoo before; strict and authoritative. It was hot…and y. He suddenly felt warm. Very warm.

“Anything else, Mr Jung?”

“No, that’s all.” His stoic face softened. “You can take the rest of the day off. Go out and see Busan.”

Her lips curled into a small smile. She nodded her head and left.

 

******

 

Ju-ne took a deep sharp breath when he entered his hotel room with Chanwoo quietly in towed behind him. He took his shoes off and padded further in, eyes widening in surprised as he looked around. There’s a kitchen with a breakfast bar, a living room facing the large windows that overlooked the skyline of Busan, and a separate bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a mini walk-in closet attached. This isn’t a hotel room. It’s a suite.

He turned to Chanwoo and narrowed his eyes. “You’re not really a chaebol, are you?”

Chanwoo let out a small laugh. He doesn’t answer the question. He tilted his head. “Give me twenty minutes to get change?”

Ju-ne was flustered. “Sure,” he muttered.

“Okay, won’t be long.” And Chanwoo left.

He let out a breath as he glanced around, shuffling into the bedroom and dumping his small suitcase on the floor at the foot of the king-sized bed. “So, my boyfriend is crazily rich,” he murmured in disbelief to himself.

He had knew that Chanwoo was rich even though he had never spoke or mentioned it; his privileged education background, his job title and his silver Audi – was all evidently obvious. But this suite proved another level to him. Chanwoo was really rich. He pursed his lips, not sure of how he was feeling about it. He didn’t care about the money but it’s a little overwhelming when he thought about it.

He shook his head, brushing the thought away. He decided to freshen up and when he was done the doorbell rang.

He opened the door and Chanwoo was standing in the hallway. He had changed out of his suit into a crisp, light blue shirt with the top button undone, tucked into a black jean with matching casual shoes, and his favourite mackintosh; and his hair was brushed down, long bangs hung over his forehead. He looked young, cute and soft.

“Ready?” Chanwoo said, his large, doe eyes shining.

Butterflies rampaged Ju-ne’s stomach. He smiled. “Yeah, let’s go.”

 

******

 

Ju-ne was excited. In the taxi, his body leaned against Chanwoo and their hands brushing against each other, he rambled on about all the places he researched and thought they could visit together. They’re first destination, he insisted since he felt hungry, was a traditional Busan market.

“All the Busan’s best foods are here!” Ju-ne said, his tone high, enthusiastic. “Every time we’ve visited Busan, my parents and I would come here,” he told Chanwoo. “Their food are delicious!”

Heart beating fast, he slipped his hands into Chanwoo’s and held on to his fingers as they strolled in the market. His heart beat faster when Chanwoo adjusted his hand to wrap around his.

 

Chanwoo knitted his brows together and grimaced as he watched Ju-ne took a bite of the spicy tteokbokki he had ordered.

Ju-ne tilted his head back he slurped the large piece. He nodded his head rapidly, his jaws chewing, as a small humming of approval that matched his taste buds, escaped his lips. “This is so good!” he mumbled with his mouth full.

Chanwoo sighed quietly. Salt and spicy. He really have bad food habits. But he doesn’t want to scold Ju-ne and dampened his mood so he pushed the plate closer to him. “Have them all,” he said softly. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips when Ju-ne grinned happily at him. He grabbed a tissue to wipe a sauce that stained Ju-ne’s lips. “Careful,” he murmured.

“Where are you two from?” The stall owner asked them. He was a middle-aged man, probably in his late 50s, with small eyes and a pleasant smile. His voice, thick with a Busan accent, was nice and gentle.

“Seoul,” Chanwoo answered politely.

“Then, what are you doing in Busan?”

“We’re on a date,” Ju-ne quipped, excitedly.

Chanwoo gazed down at his bowl of fish cake, a small lump in his throat.

The man smiled wider. “There’s a fun fair at the pier, you two should go. There’s even a firework display tonight!”

Ju-ne’s eyes widened. “Really?” He turned to Chanwoo, a goofy smile on his face. Chanwoo’s heart melted. “We should go and see!”

“Sure,” Chanwoo hummed.

The stall owner gazed at them, studying, a soft, kind smile played on his lips. “You two look good together,” he complimented.

Ju-ne blushed, his head ducked down shyly.

But Chanwoo’s heart was suddenly heavy, a pang.

 

******

 

“Thank you,” Ju-ne said as he grabbed the two churros from the seller. He walked back to Chanwoo and found him standing in front one of the game booths, his eyes lingering on a hanged, medium-sized Bonobono doll. “You want one?”

“I’m okay –”

But Ju-ne was already decided and determined, his rare competitiveness spikes up. He handed the churros to Chanwoo. “I’ll win it for you.” He strides up to the stall confidently, his shoulders back and his head held high.

Chanwoo sighed as he quietly followed him.

“How many balls do I have to get inside the clown’s mouth to win?”

The man behind the booth grinned. “Five balls and you get to choose any of the big prizes.”

Chanwoo eyed Ju-ne wearily as he weighed the ball in his hand, eyes studiously focused. He was not worried of not being able to get the doll but he was worried of Ju-ne’s pride being knocked down. Sometimes, after his baseball coaching, Ju-ne would play catchball with him, and he knew from experiences, his hand-eye coordination was terrible. When they played catchball, he was a static target but the clown was moving, sliding across, to challenge the thrower.

This is going to end badly, he thought.

 

******

 

It ended badly.

Ju-ne threw all five balls and all poorly aimed and barely hit the clown’s mouth. He pouted, his head hung down dejectedly, as they walked away with a small Beanie Baby stuffed toy in Chanwoo’s hand. “I really wanted to win that doll for you,” he muttered, sadly.

Chanwoo felt bad for him, his heart melting. He placed his hand on Ju-ne’s shoulder and ran his hand down his back, resting his palm on the small of his back. Then, he spotted a high striker game booth and his eyes caught a One Piece Chopper doll as one of the prizes. He smiled. Ju-ne was strong, that’s his strength, and he would be able to win that game. He glanced at Ju-ne, still down and pouting, and cleared his throat.

“Oh, look, it’s a high striker. And they got One Piece Chopper,” he said, nonchalantly. In his peripheral vision, he saw Ju-ne look up, his face slowly lights up. “I like One Piece especially Chopper,” he emphasized purposely. “It was a cartoon that I watched all the time when I was a kid.”

Ju-ne smiled, that cute confident returned. “I’m good at high striker,” he said excitedly. “I’ve won it before.” He went to the booth and took the hammer from the booth owner when he gave it to him.

“You break the current high score and you’ll get the large prize,” the booth man glanced at Chanwoo, his eyes twinkling cheekily, and Chanwoo couldn’t help but smile back. “Anything your boyfriend wants.”

Ju-ne turned to Chanwoo, his face determined. He pointed to the Chopper doll with the hammer. “I’m going to win that doll for you this time. Watch.” He smiled when Chanwoo gave him a loud encouraging cheer and a thumbs up. “Okay,” he breathed.

He adjusted his grip on the handle of the hammer and puffed out his cheeks as he pulled one leg back and held his arms high above him. His face turned serious. He took a deep breath and slammed the hammer head against lever.

The puck shot up and the bell rang out loud, flashing a red, three numbers on the screen.

“And we have a winner! A new high record!”

Ju-ne handed the hammer back to the owner and jumped on his heels, pumping his fist in the air, and whooped loudly, triumphantly.

Chanwoo laughed and clapped his hands as he smiled affectionately, adoringly, at Ju-ne’s gummy smile and all he could think was how happy he was watching Ju-ne being happy and how wanted to stay in this moment forever.

 

******

 

Ju-ne grinned as he glanced at the One Piece Chopper doll in Chanwoo’s hand; and the other small stuffed toy was in Chanwoo’s pocket.

They stroll along the pier, breathing in the cold, salty air and soaking in the calm and serene night atmosphere.

Ju-ne slipped his hand into Chanwoo’s, threading their fingers together. He frowned. “Your hands are cold,” he murmured.

“My hands are always cold,” Chanwoo said, quietly. “I don’t know why though.”

“That’s not good,” Ju-ne murmured. He stuffed their intertwined hands into his jacket pocket, pulling Chanwoo closer to him. “Better?”

Chanwoo gave a small smile and a solemn nod. “Hhmm,” he hummed.

The firework display will be set up and shown at the beach so they both decided to watch it from one of the restaurants on the pier. They found a restaurant that had a perfect view and chose a table for two on the opened deck.

Chanwoo glanced over to the beach as he listened absentmindedly to Ju-ne ordering. There are already a crowd at the beach, groups of friends, family and couples huddling on the sands as they excitedly waited for the firework to begin. His lips curled into a small, wistful, smile as he watched the children skipping around with glowing, neon-coloured light sticks in their hands and giggling with laughter as they waved it in the night sky. So happy, so carefree and so loved. He watched them from afar and suddenly he felt a pang in his heart, twisting achingly. He swallowed the heavy lump in his throat away.

When he finally tear his eyes away from the beach, he found Ju-ne was staring at him. His gaze was soft and loving. Chanwoo’s felt his heart stopped and his breath got caught in his throat. He laughed softly, “What?”

Ju-ne doesn’t say anything, cupping his jaw, he leaned forward and kissed him.

Chanwoo’s eyes fluttered close as he kissed back, melting into Ju-ne. He loved the feel of Ju-ne’s lips on his, soft and perfect, and he felt the warm tingles of electricity folding into his skin, his heart beating fast, his world spinning, swirling and pulling him deeper to the oasis, and making him breathless, every time. And every time he felt it, he thought, if there was a way he could ran away with Ju-ne, he would’ve taken it impulsively; he would’ve grabbed Ju-ne’s hand tightly, run, and never look back.

But he can’t. There was no way so he can’t run with Ju-ne and never look back.

 

******

 

Ju-ne bit his bottom lip as they stood in front of his hotel suite room, their hands still intertwined.

Chanwoo smiled softly at him. “I should go,” he said quietly, “We’re taking an early train back to Seoul tomorrow and it’s late.”

“Yeah,” Ju-ne breathed. He doesn’t know why but suddenly his heart was pounding and suddenly, he was aware of how close they were. He could feel Chanwoo’s warmth radiating from his body as they brushed against his and he could smell his cologne that wafted through his nose. He swallowed. He could feel the palpable static of electricity, in the air, between them; he could feel it pulsing through his veins as he stared into Chanwoo’s eyes.

Hypnotized, he leaned forward but Chanwoo pulled away, his hand slipping away from his, and he felt his heart dropped a little in disappointment.

“Goodnight,” Chanwoo murmured. He kissed him chastely, a soft peck.

And Ju-ne felt desire pooled at the bottom of his stomach, pulling at him. His heart was racing, pulsing, as he leaned against his door. He stared into the darkness of his suite. He listened to the pounding of his heart echoing in his ears.

Impulsively, he turned, opened his door and stepped out into the empty hallway. To Chanwoo’s room.

He rang the bell. He held his breath.

His heart jumped when the door opened and Chanwoo is in the doorway, blinking at him in confusion.

His breathing quickened.

“Ju-ne –”

With his heart in his mouth, Ju-ne stride to Chanwoo and wrapped his arms around Chanwoo’s neck, pulling him closer, as their lips crashed. He kissed him deeply; he wanted him, he wanted to love him, and he wanted Chanwoo to know that.

Chanwoo doesn’t reponse, his body stiff and tensed. Ju-ne could feel he was hesitating, unsure, so he deepened the kiss, pouring his emotions out, and Chanwoo relaxed, surrendering to him, and kissing him back with equal fervour, his arms wrapped tightly around Ju-ne’s waist.

Vaguely, Ju-ne was aware that he was being led inside by Chanwoo; that the door softly clicked shut behind him; that he stumbled out of his shoes; that his jacket slipped from his shoulders to the floor; that the back of his legs hit the bed.

Their kiss turned passionate and their hands became urgent. Soon, their clothes began disappearing, fingers fumbling, as it piled on the floor at their feet. Lips connected, fingers threaded together, they fell onto the bed, their bodies intertwined, and their eyes locked in the darkness.

Their first time together wasn’t like in the movies; it was a mixture of strong emotions, clumsy and unsurety; it was imperfect as they discovered each other’s skin and touches. But the second time was fantastic as they moved together in a synchronised rhythm; and they fell asleep with their arms around each other.

The last thing Ju-ne remembered was the way Chanwoo laced his fingers in his and how perfect they are together.

 

******

 

Chanwoo sighed quietly as he tucked his arm under his head. He smiled softly as he watched Ju-ne sleeps peacefully next to him, his breathing deep and slow. He tilted his head and gazed at Ju-ne, trailing his eyes over every features on Ju-ne’s handsome face; his thick eyebrows, his almond-shaped eyes, his pointed nose, his sharp, chiselled jaws and his soft lips.

He felt happy, calm and content like his heart was full, like everything he wanted and needed was right in front of him, with Ju-ne.

He brushed his thumb over Ju-ne’s bottom lip lightly, grazing them with gentleness. His heart twisted painfully and his throat clogged with a supressed emotion that he could never brought up.

“I’m sorry, Ju-ne.”

His dream was about to end and it was time for him to wake up.