Chapter 10

Unfamiliarity :: Tsundere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past few days have been quiet. When Rahee is come, Miyoung is gone. When Miyoung is home, Rahee is gone. And when they are both home, they are in their own room.

The guys were better. The 7 of them sat down for a conversation. Jaebum told them that this was an engagement between the families. Miyoung and him have no choice. Once the parents decide, they can’t say no.

“So you will marry someone you don’t even love?” Jinyoung asked. His tone had a big of anger.

Jaebum looked down.

“What will you with Rahee?” Mark asked. “Are you just going to throw her out?”

“Rahee and I…we haven’t started anything.”

Professor Kim was finished up her lecture. “Just a reminder. The final project will be presented in front of the class on the last day of class. Don’t forget. I expect greatness.”

Miyoung rested her head on her desk. Jinyoung came over and looked into her eyes. They looked at each other before Miyoung lifted her head. “Jinyoung-ah, I betrayed my best friend haven’t I?”

Jinyoung wanted to say yes. However, he couldn’t say so. At least not after knowing that it wasn’t her decision.

“Have you two talked about it?”

She shook her head. “Cold shoulders.”

Jinyoung pulled a chair next to Miyoung. “My offer still stand.”

“Stop joking. I know you want to get a good grade on this project, but that was not the way.”

Jinyoung grabbed her hand. “I’m serious. When we rehearsed the kiss last time, I felt it. Don’t tell me you didn’t.”

“I—I.” Miyoung pulled her hands away. “Honestly, as Bae Yeon Ah, I felt it. But as Kang Miyoung, I…”

“Then do you have someone in your heart already?”

“I don’t.”

“Then give me a chance.” Jinyoung pleaded.

Kang Miyoung. Kang Miyoung. Kang Miyoung. A guy is begging for you. Give him a chance. Not like you have anyone.

 

 

Jaebum catched up to Rahee at the rooftop

“I’m sorry.” Jaebum apologized again.

Rahee scuffed. “What for? Not like we were in any relationship.”

“Please. Don’t be mad at Miyoung.”

“What does me being mad at Miyoung has anything to do with you?” Rahee questioned. “Oh I forgot for a split second. She is your fiancé.” Rahee was about to walk away before Jaebum grabbed her wrist.

“You two are best friends. Don’t be like this.”

Rahee shook his hand away and continue to leave.

As Miyoung walked inside the apartment, she saw Rahee packing up her stuff.

“I’m moving out. I’ll leave the keys on the table for you.”

Miyoung placed her hands on Rahee’s as she was packing her luggage. “You don’t have too. I should be the one leaving. Actually, I have already moved my things a few days ago. I’m just here to return the keys to you.” With that, Miyoung placed her keys on the desk and left. “I’m sorry.”

Rahee began to cry. As she opened the door to Miyoung’s room, she noticed a letter and a necklace on the bed, addressed to her. She opened it.

Rahee ah,

I just want to apologize to you. In regard to my engagement with Jaebum, it was our parents’ decision. We tried to get them to cancel it, but to no avail. I didn’t want to hurt you. I really didn’t. I don’t know what I can do fix this relationship of ours. I have never loved or even thought of Jaebum. You know that. This relationship that Jaebum and I are in is all politic.

Meeting you was one of the best things in my life. I couldn’t ask for a better best friend than you. I would never do anything to hurt you. Yet I…

Rahee ah, this is my last gift to you. You can do whatever you want with it. I will leave you alone from now on. From now on, just pretend that we were never friends. I’m sorry.

From,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter