Tension

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

Title: Tension
Words: 918

I started a mini-dump of daejae shots. if you want fluff spiced with some , and dont mind daejae as girls, then head over here --> Under Control

Now excuse me as i go and cry about how much i love moondance

 


No.
Just no.

This was not acceptable.

"Jung Daehyun!" Youngjae yelled loudly as he carefully folded his jacket and put it on the kitchen counter.

"What?" An annoyed voice answered. "And I'm right here, no need to yell."

Youngjae turned around in surprise, not expecting Daehyun to be lying on the couch. He recovered quickly from his surprise and folded his arms. "Why didn't you do the dishes? You were free all day!"

Daehyun only answered with a grunt.

" you," Youngjae grumbled while pushing his sleeves up and turning on the water tap. He kept cursing lowly to himself as he washed the dishes and put them up for drying. Luckily there weren't many and he finished in a couple of minutes, turning back to see Daehyun half asleep on the couch.

"ing ," Youngjae mumbled. Long gone were the days of happy giggles and romantic acts. Daehyun had proved to be a lazy . "You do nothing in this household." He walked over to the half asleep man and glared down at him. Daehyun looked up, a bored expression on his face. "Can't believe I'm still dating your sorry ." Things had been a bit tense the last year or so, yet neither of them had called quits.

"You can't blame all of this on me." Some heat had trickled into Daehyun's voice. "Where the were you? It's 2am."

"You know damn well work sometimes gets late." The new boss accepted nothing less than perfect and when they had projects it meant very late nights.

"But 2am?"

"I've told you about the project." Why the hell was Daehyun being so difficult. "Screw this, I'm tired and I wanna sleep." He turned towards the bedroom, but a hand on his wrist held him back.

"And you couldn't text me?"

"Does it matter?" Youngjae shot back.

Now Daehyun was livid, nearly jumping out of the couch and eyes blazing. "Of course it ing matters! You're my boyfriend! I'd like to know when you're not coming home!"

A burning anger surged through Youngjae. "Like when you didn't come home until 11am last Sunday?" He had gone out on Saturday evening, giving Youngjae no information.

Daehyun stilled.

It was something they had yet to talk about, although Youngjae had evaded him ever since and the tension had been suffocating.

"So that's what it is?" Daehyun mumbled. "Revenge?" The hold he had on Youngjae's wrist loosened.

"I was up all night worrying," Youngjae admitted. "But no calls. No texts. And not even an apology when you came home."

"You could have texted me first. Or called."

Youngjae was stubborn. Having been the one to call and ask like a needy boyfriend felt hurtful to his pride. "I shouldn't have to."

A sigh slipped past the puffy lips and hands gently grasped Youngjae's shoulders. "I should have called. I'm sorry. There were one too many drinks and I ended up crashing at Jongup's place."

"I would have come and gotten you."

"I was mad at you. I didn't want to see you."

Mad? What the hell had he done to deserve so much anger? They had not had a fight that Saturday, nor on Friday. "What made you so mad?"

"Your work." Daehyun bit his bottom lip, eyes shifting.

"My work?" Sure, there had been several late nights, but until today he had always texted Daehyun. It was only for a small period anyway.

"Your new boss, specifically."

"What's wrong with him? Is it the long hours? We're done with the project tomorrow so-"

"No. I understand long working hours. It is your boss, specifically."

Oh. Now Youngjae got it."Is it about him being my ex? I thought we talked about it and you said it didn't bother you."

"Until I came by work on your late night on Friday and saw you laughing and joking around with him," Daehyun murmured with a childish pout. "And lately you never laugh around me. Seeing you so happy with someone you used to date I-" His voice broke, eyes shining in vulnerability. "I know we've had our problems lately, but I don't want to lose you." The confession was so soft, tearing at Youngjae's heart.

"Daehyun." With a shaking hand he cupped the handsome face and pecked the plump lips. "Despite our troubles, I do love you and I don't want to lose you either." The vulnerability on Daehyun's face had softened Youngjae's anger and he wanted to kiss the worries away.

"I love you too," Daehyun replied, breathing in deeply as he pressed their foreheads together. "We have to work on our relationship."

"Yes, we will have to." And Youngjae was willing to. He had missed Daehyun. Missed them. They needed to communicate better.

"I promise I'll do the dishes more often."

Youngjae laughed softly. "No you won't."

"I'll do my best!" Daehyun hastily said. "I'll become the cleaning master."

"Don't be dumb." Youngjae was grinning, staring into the eyes he loved so much.

"I've always been dumb, don't you remember when I first saw you?" He put his hands on Youngjae's hips, using his thumbs to lovingly create circles on the area.

"You gaped like an idiot and dropped your coffee. Well, my coffee," Youngjae corrected. "And whenever I went there you would just stare at me and stutter. Weirdest barista ever."

"Hottest barista ever, you mean."

Youngjae hummed and went in for a kiss, sighing happily.

Only Daehyun had ever been capable of making his heart speed up like this.