Expelliarmus

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

“STOP TRYING TO USE EXPELLIARMUS ON ME I DON’T EVEN KNOW YOU”

-

Hogwarts had become a warzone. Everytime Youngjae stepped out of his common room, he was in absolute danger.

Which was why he always looked around as he walked through the halls, his eyes searching for the boy whom had made him into this paranoid mess.

Jung Daehyun, a 7th year Hufflepuff. Youngjae had never talked to him before, in fact he only knew about this guy's existence since two weeks ago.

Two weeks.

“Expelliarmus!”

Bloody hell. Youngjae whipped around as he felt the spell hit him. “I'm not even holding my wand! Why would you-“

Daehyun, still standing there with his wand raised, just stared in silence for a few seconds before running off.

Every time!

He never spoke save the spell, and he would always run away before Youngjae could run up to him and deck him.

And, after knowing this guy existed, Youngjae had taken to notice him everywhere and how freaking loud he was when he was with his friends. So, he definitely could speak.

Enough was enough.

Not caring about his perfect attendance, Youngjae set running down the hall after the annoying Hufflepuff. With his wand out, Youngjae loudly yelled the incantation for the trip jinx and pointed it directly at the running Daehyun.

It was quite satisfying to see the annoying git fall face first.

Yet Daehyun quickly got up and turned around, not seeming to care about his bloodied nose. His wand was out and once more he yelled the expelliarmus spell, and for the first time in two weeks he succeeded. Youngjae's wand flew out of his hand and clattered onto the floor.

“Hell yes!” Daehyun yelled triumphantly, a fist in the air.

Youngjae, confused and disgruntled, could only stare as the bloody nosed Daehyun walked over to him with a wide grin.

Gross. Some of the blood dripped into the guy's mouth.

“Now, will you date me?”

“What.”

“You said you'd only date me if I managed to disarm you and you said not to talk to you until then.” Daehyun was nearly bouncing on his feet.

“I- I said that?” Youngjae had no recollection of ever of talking to him before. Had someone hexed this guy? Was he okay?

“At the Slytherin party two weekends ago.”

Oh. Youngjae barely remembered anything from that day, and suddenly he had no doubt he might have said something so stupid.

“Um-“

Suddenly Daehyun’s face fell. “You don't remember, do you?”

“I'm-“

“It's fine,” Daehyun looked crestfallen and pitiful, the bloodied nose adding to the image. “I won't bother you ever again. I'm sorry.”

It made Youngjae feel like an absolute , he knew he said a lot of dumb when he was drunk on firewhiskey.

“Wait-“ Youngjae grasped Daehyun by the wrist. “I technically promised, drunk or not, so I'll let you have one date.”

Once again Daehyun lit up, his eyes shining with happiness.

“But only one!” Youngjae emphasised.

“ yes!” Daehyun grinned. “One date is all I need,” he promised, with an obnoxious wink.

“We’ll see,” Youngjae sighed. “You should go clean your nose.”

Daehyun's forehead furrowed and he pressed a finger right underneath his nose. “Oh, I’ll go to the hospital wing.” He then smiled again. “I'll see you on Friday then! I have it all planned out.”

“Wait-“ Yet Daehyun had already left.

Youngjae let out another sigh; he guessed he had a date to prepare for.

At least the hufflepuff was cute.