Petals

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

Hanahaki disease trope but light-hearted and borderline crack

 


 

This is so stupid.”

Shut up.”

And kinda disgusting.”

Well, I didn't ask for your ugly opinion.”

Daehyun didn't think it was necessary to answer, the coughing fit from Youngjae said enough. Several petals fell on the floor, joining the others.

Red carnations. Daehyun had googled it the first time he saw Youngjae coughing them up. At first he had thought they meant deep love and affection, but realised they were light of colour.

Admiration.

Pretty fitting, to be honest.

If you'd just have the operation you wouldn't have to deal with this.”

The glare from Youngjae would have been scary if his eyes weren't shining from unshed tears.

No way in hell.”

Seriously, Jae-“

No! I'm not taking the risk!”

Daehyun wished he could shake some sense into his stupid boyfriend.

Yeah, he was dating someone who was coughing up flowers for another man. Normally this would be a deal breaker even if it would have broken Daehyun's heart, but context matters.

Just hit play again.”

With a sigh, Daehyun pressed play on the remote and the sounds of loud cheers and a deep, soothing voice filled their living room.

His boyfriend was in an unrequited love with a celebrity.

It wasn't deep, according to the flowers and the fact Youngjae had no wish to actually date the man, so Daehyun didn't take it too seriously.

He just didn't like to see his lover being in pain, coughing up flowers whenever they watched Bang Yongguk's live DVDs.

They got through 20 minutes before another coughing fit started up and Daehyun instantly pressed pause, sighing as he watched more petals fall from Youngjae's soft lips.

Seriously, Jae. Would it matter?”

I'm not taking the risk. What if I lose all feelings for him and his music?” Youngjae pointed out in a hoarse voice.

Daehyun doubted it. Bang Yongguk had that sort of music which resonated with every part of you, he couldn't imagine anyone not being moved while listening to the man.

Fine.” He unpaused and pulled his boyfriend closer, stealing a few moments of cuddles before the inevitable next coughing fit started.