Mushroom Soup

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

“Youngjae what the is this?”

“Mushroom soup.”

Daehyun stared at the black contents in the pot, using the wooden spoon to stir a little. It was definitely burnt, but at least the contents moved as if it was soup. Kind of.

“How can you not even boil soup correctly?” Is it even possible for soup to end up looking like this?

Youngjae just gave him a blank stare. “It’s not easy to make food you know.”

“You’re a potions master! A renowned one! People come from abroad to learn from you, and you can’t even boil soup??”

At this Youngjae’s eyes narrowed. “I told you I’m not good at making food.”

“You can make intricate potions, using highly volatile ingredients, but you cant boil soup? Make it make sense?!” He would think he was dating a moron, but knowing how Youngjae published critically acclaimed academic potions books it was kind of hard to label him as such.

“Are you just gonna insult me all day?” Now Youngjae had his arms folded, eyes downright glaring.

“I’m just-“ Daehyun released the spoon. “It’s canned soup, that you boil and you-“ He had no words.

And now it happened, the one thing Daehyun could not resist: Youngjae’s defensive and angry expressions fell, replaced with an incredibly cute pouting face.

“You don’t have to be that mean about it.”

.

“I’m sorry, Jae. Ignore everything I said and let’s just order some takeout?” He put on his best apologetic face and pulled Youngjae close, pressing a sweet kiss against a round cheek.

Youngjae visibly brightened. “I’ll call our favourite chicken place.” He was out of the kitchen before Daehyun could reply.

He turned to the pot again, staring at the burnt mess. Was Youngjae truly that horrible in the kitchen or was it all a ruse so he wouldn’t have to cook?

Daehyun had a feeling he would never know.