Six

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you for subscribing and commenting, I really do appreciate it. 

------

 

I heaved an exasperated sigh as I trudged out of my bedroom towards the kitchen.

The others decided that every Saturday afternoon would be dedicated to teaching me how to cook. Like the saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach; so step two of their plan began last week.

Out of my peripheral vision, I could see the frown D.O was sporting on his face as soon as I appeared in his line of sight. He reluctantly got off the couch and sluggishly made his way over to the kitchen. We both resented the idea in the beginning. But after what happened the first time, we were dreading it even more.

"Alright, let's get this over with. I thought we should start off with something simple. So I'll be instructing you on how to make french fries." D.O stated.

I noticed everything we would need spread out in front of me. He seemed to want to use the minimal amount of time possible to fulfill his task; not wanting to waste more time than what was necessary. I was relieved we shared similar thoughts.

"Now listen carefully 'cause I hate repeating myself." He didn't even wait for my response before continuing. "Wash the potatoes, slice them into shape, then add lots of oil into the pot. Boil the fries at a low temperature first."

I scribbled furiously into my notebook as I tried to listen; my thoughts were separate from what I had written down. He was speaking too fast and some of his instructions weren't very clear. "Wait so..."

D.O either didn't hear me or purposely chose to ignore me because he carried on elaborating. "Then you turn up the heat and you're done. Let's get started."

Confusion, shock and disbelief were suitable words to describe how I was feeling. And I'm sure that my current expression mirrored his usual owlish baffled stare. "Uh, okay?"

He didn't pick up on my uncertainty and just watched on expectantly.

It was a futile attempt trying to refer back to my notes as my writing was incomplete and illegible. But it was obvious what the first step was.

Luck must have been on my side for once as what I made actually ended up looking like what I'd attempted to make. Unfortunately, that didn't automatically guarantee they'd be edible.

After setting the plate of fries down to cool, I proceeded to pour the excess oil into the rubbish bin.

"What are you doing?!" I flinched and ceased my actions when D.O screeched. He turned his attention away from me and hollered for Chanyeol.

A disheveled Chanyeol stumbled his way into the kitchen seconds later. "What happened?"

D.O pointed to the gradually melting bin, now with smoke rising into the air.

Chanyeol's phoenix birthmark glowed blue. With a mere snap of his fingers, the smoke vanished and the air was free of fumes.

The shorter male's complexion reddened due to his glowering. "Don't you know to not do that? It'll burn! It's common sense! You have to wait for the oil to cool and then dispose of it in a non recyclable container before you put it in the garbage!"

I guiltily gnawed at my lower lip, avoiding his intense gaze. "Sorry."

Chanyeol seemed to sense the tension building up in the atmosphere as he took the initiative to break the tranquility. "I think we need Xiumin hyung in here."

We both eyed him puzzlingly, waiting for the answer to our unspoken question.

"Hyung can pour ice over D.O to cool him down." He flashed us his pearly whites before cackling at his own joke. "You know, 'cause you're pissed off and Xiumin can create ice?"

D.O's glower morphed into a deadly glare which he directed at Chanyeol as he slowly marched forward, closing the space between them. He raised a fist over his head, immediately causing Chanyeol to cower behind me.

The smile on the elf eared boy's face faltered, now seeming to fear for his life. "Heh, kidding." The nervousness was evident in his tone.

"As to not repeat of what happened last time, I think we should try baking instead." D.O startled me out of my thoughts. "Even you can't possibly mess up something so easy." He placed a book in front of me, the page he was pointing to was a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. "And you clearly can't follow instructions very well so this really dumbs it down a lot for you."

My eyes dilated alarmingly, well that was unexpected. I've always known him to be the quiet one, maybe even shy. But apparently, the filter to his words are nonexistent; even to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter