Seventeen

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks to those who have recently upvoted, subscribed, commented and continue reading.

I apologize for the short and boring chapter. 

--------


"Time's up, put your pencils down and bring your papers forward." Our child development teacher announced. 

I sighed in satisfaction as the two hours which we had to complete our exam had finally come to an end. 

"Yes! It's finally over!" Chanyeol practically hollered in our professor's ear, waving his test in the air. 

"Put a sock in it Park!" She scowled, snatching the paper out of his hand irritatingly. "Now get outta here." 

All the students laughed at their class clown. He just shrugged, grabbed his belongings and pulled Kris and I out with him. 

Waiting outside our examination room was Suho, Luhan and Sehun. In the distance, Baekhyun and Tao were headed our way. 

"Perfect timing, Xiumin just texted me about some kind of celebration surprise back at the apartment." Suho informed us, pocketing his phone. 

After two weeks of studying for multiple exams, we were officially done! I was in a good mood. But now I was just a bit skeptical about what they'd been planning. But perhaps, I was just over thinking it. 

-----

"Surprise!" Chen and Kai shouted as Lay and Xiumin blew party horns in our faces while D.O unenthusiastically dumped a big box of confetti over our heads. 

I looked past Suho's shoulder to see a banner with the words 'Happy Birthday!' written across it. The entire apartment had been decorated with streamers and balloons. 

"Already? But we usually celebrate on my actual birthday!" Tao stomped his foot childishly while whining like a kid after having his candy confiscated from him. 

Sehun rolled his eyes in utter annoyance. "It's not always just about you, you know." 

Up to this point I was pretty confused. From my understanding, we were supposed to be celebrating for Tao's birthday but today's not the actual day? 

Kai seemed to notice my bewilderment and elaborated the situation. "Because there are so many of us, we celebrate our birthdays in groups of twos. And usually, we would celebrate for Sehun, Luhan, Kris, Tao, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho on Tao's actual birthdate." 

"But since we're all done with exams, we thought it would be easier if we combined the two events." Lay finished off explaining their idea. 

"Fine." Tao reluctantly grumbled then garbled a string of incoherent words, but I could tell he wasn't very accepting of their arrangement. 

"Ignore him." D.O disregarded the other with a wave of his hand. "Let's eat the cake before Kris hyung can trip over his feet and face plant into it again." 

At the reminder, the guys broke out into a huge fit of laughter. 

Kris groaned. "It was one time!" He shot his arms up in the air dejectedly. "You mess up once and suddenly it's stuck with you for life." 

"Who knew freakishly long legs would end up becoming the downfall of the almighty Kris!" Chen guffawed, elbowing a humiliated Kris. 

"I'm suddenly very thankful for my height." Suho quipped proudly. I assumed his reaction was the result of always having been the victim of Kris' teasing. 

"Hey Roxy, I can replay the memory for you!" Tao perked up, his mood brightening immensely. 

"No!" Two voices simultaneously protested. 

"Quit teasing him guys." We now had our focus on a red faced Luhan. "Roxy doesn't need to see it." He looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him alive as opposed to suffering secondhand embarrassment. 

Xiumin cleared his throat in an attempt to cease his cackling. "Alright, come on, cake time." He'd walked out of the kitchen holding a plate with a cupcake on it. 

My jaw involuntarily dropped at the ridiculous sight. This is what they call a cake? Not including my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter