Sehun

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is written in Sehun's POV. 

As always, thanks for subscrbing, commenting, reading and upvoting! 

-------

 

 

The familiar building which held some of my most loathsome and excruciating memories loomed over the 11 of us the closer we approached. 

Immediately after we arrived at Roxy's last night, Suho received notification from Hugo, our father's right hand man, to make a trip back to Exo. Kris was ordered to stay and watch over Roxy in our absence. 

Now standing in front of the King's castle, Suho brushed his fingers through his hair to smoothen it, patted the dress shirt (he wished he'd ironed) five times to rid of any nonexistent wrinkles and straightened out his tie as we awaited to be let in. Some fidgeted nervously while others stared ahead stoically; but that was just a facade because deep down, we all feared and despised our father. 

I involuntarily trembled as I kept a nonchalant expression. I turned to the side when I felt a firm grip around my hand. Luhan didn't need to say anything, just his presence and touch was enough to calm me down. 

After what happened yesterday, this meeting was inevitable, but at least I wasn't alone to face the despicable man. 

The wait was long and nerve wracking. After what felt like an eternity, the heavy metal doors opened up to reveal Hugo. "King Leon would like to see you now." 

We bowed and Suho thanked him as we ambled inside the icy cold chambers. Even the blazing feel of the artificial lights couldn't bring the slightest warmth to our hearts. All along the walls leading up to the throne were portraits of past kings contained in gold rimmed frames. The red carpet draped out across the floor seemed endless, but eventually, we reached the bottom of the staircase before the throne. And as expected, upon seeing us, his features were stricken with anger.  

"Father." We collectively greeted with a bow. 

'Brace yourselves.' Luhan's voice rang through our minds. 

Before I could even register what was going on, Kai teleported with D.O and Luhan to the front. Luhan protected us with a telekinetic dome while above his, D.O stomped on the ground to engulf us in a shield comprised of soil, cement and rocks. It blocked the hurricane that our father whipped in our direction but as his abilities were more skilled and advanced, it knocked us all off our feet. 

"What the hell was that for?!" Chanyeol was the first one to recover from the assault. I was astonished when I heard him yelling this as we picked ourselves up to gather around Luhan, D.O and Kai. 

Since they'd been the ones standing in the front during the attack, their injuries were more serious whereas the rest of us had minor scrapes and scratches.

Momentarily having forgot about his previous outrage, he let an amused chuckle rip past his lips. "So the wimps I sent out to Earth finally decided to grow spines." 

But we completely disregarded his snide remark. 

"Are you crazy? You could've killed us!" Tao growled as Lay inspected the other three. 

"The real question is, what are you numbskulls doing?!" He pointed upwards at the ceiling which revealed a vast night sky painted with the twinkling stars that make up the shape of the birthmark symbols belonging to each Exorian on the planet. Only the current king holds possession of such a magnificent sight. But our symbols looked slightly different from the last time we'd seen them. 

Our symbols, though they still shone, weren't as bright or blinding as they were supposed to shine. The change was most significantly contrasting in Luhan, Kris, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Tao's. When I gazed around for mine, I was shocked to find that the stars in the spot where it usually was had burned out; as if completely vanished.

"Not only does it show in the stars, but I can sense that your powers have weakened immensely; all of yours. You've suffered a loss to properly control your abilities, just because you've all developed a liking for her. Harboring feelings for anyone other than an Exorian can potentially take away your powers! And weakness is unacceptable, it is a trait that cannot be seen in a king! You're practically giving your cousins the upper hand and sacrificing your own chances to compete for this title!" He sprayed us with bone chilling water this time, as if doing so would return us back to our senses. We were soaked from head to toe, fortunately, aside from freezing, his attack didn't cause us any physical pain. 

"The first thing I warned you guys about before the start of your mission was to focus on your goal. But you end up overstepping your boundaries by tampering with her life. You are losing sight of what's important, that human is nothing but a tool. Her personal issues are not of your concern, it is outside of what you're trying to achieve." Our father lectured irritably, reminding us of the initial reason we'd been sent to Earth. 

"I'm sorry father, I shouldn't have let things get so out of hand." Suho kneeled on his knees, begging for forgiveness, hoping to ease our father's agitation. 

"You didn't do anything wrong." Chen pulled Suho up as he boldly glared at our father. Neither of them seemed alarmed about the new acquired information. 

He shook his head, clearly unimpressed. "Suho, I expected this from the brat, but certainly not from anyone else; especially not you or Kris. After all, he never fails to disappoint me. But losing his powers because he's fallen in love with that useless human? I at least thought I taught him better than that!" Typical, he didn't even bother to address me by my name.

But upon hearing his last statement, the hatred I felt for him dissipated to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter