D.O

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is written in D.O's POV.

I've used an analogy that could be awkward or uncomfortable to read...maybe even the whole chapter itself? Although I don't think it's that bad, but I apologize in advance if anyone thinks otherwise. Read if you'd like, but if you prefer, feel free to skip this chapter.

And thanks for subscribing, commenting and reading.

-------

 

I waited for the last pieces of toast to be crisped to golden perfection before placing the plate on the table.  As a result of sleeping past my set alarm, this along with a variety of cereals were the only foods I had time to put together for breakfast. 

"Thanks hyung." Kai and Tao beamed at me. Kai grabbed a piece of toast and coated  it with strawberry jam while Tao decided on Cheerios instead. 

I rolled my eyes but smiled back anyways. After all, they were just ecstatic about the fact that they didn't have to suffer eating another healthy bland meal. 

Roxy sluggishly sat herself down on a chair, hiding her head in the depth of one folded arm while the other was clutched loosely around her abdomen. She wasn't a morning person per se, but I don't recall ever seeing her so exhausted. 

Lay ambled out of the washroom, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. But once he laid eyes upon Roxy, he immediately became alert. "Hey, are you alright?" He lightly tapped her shoulder. 

"Hmm." She responded groggily, turning her head to the side. 

Lay brushed her stray hairs aside. Her cheeks were flushed, beads of perspiration dribbling down her forehead; except she was visibly shivering. "You've got a fever." 

"A fever?" Chanyeol parroted worryingly. 

"Guess that means we're staying at home today." Suho announced, expression equally concerned. 

Having heard the conversation, Roxy's head snapped up; her hand the fabric around her midriff. "No, I can't afford to miss today." Her voice was barely above a whisper. I found myself leaning closer just to hear her properly. 

Today was the last day of classes before scheduled exams would commence. Without a doubt, it was probably the most important class since the professors would often discuss the topics that would appear on the test. Sometimes even dropping subtle hints about specific questions they may encounter. 

Roxy slowly stood up on her wobbly gelatin like legs, as if trying to prove she was well enough to leave the apartment. "See? I'm fine. You guys are just overreacting." She claimed, grimacing to conceal her pain. 

I was mentally scolding her for forcing herself to act as though she was alright even knowing she clearly wasn't fooling anyone. She looked like if she attempted to take one step forward, she'd fall. And her previously crimson complexion was grower paler by the minute. 

As soon as she'd said those words, her eyes rolled back and her knees buckled from beneath her. 

"Roxy!" Kai gasped out in horror. Not being able to reach out to her due to their distance, all he could do was watch as the scene unfolded before him. 

My thundering heartbeats gradually calmed when fortunately, Chanyeol reacted timely to catch her limp body before she collapsed. 

"Bring her to the bed in the living room." Lay instructed. Chanyeol did as he was told, securing one arm around her shoulders as he tucked the other one under her knees. 

I subconsciously found myself following after them. 

With both hands hovering above Roxy, Lay ran them along the length of her body to scan for any other hidden symptoms she may be experiencing. He stopped slightly below her midsection. "Oh." He squeaked, face now tinted pink. 

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his sudden reaction. "What's wrong?" I voiced out on behalf of everyone else. 

He retracted his hands and seemed too shy to gaze anyone in the eye. "Um...well-" 

However, our focus had been averted to a boisterous Chen when he practically sprinted at the sight of food. "I'm so hungry!" He was completely oblivious to what happened, especially when breakfast was the center of his attention. 

"Ew, which one of you nasty hyungs left strawberry jam all over the bathroom floor?" Sehun wondered in disgust, with the rest of the group in tow. 

Lay straightened himself out from his kneeling position and cleared his throat. The room fell silent as all eyes stared at him in curiosity. "So um...Sehun, what you found in the bathroom wasn't jam. It was..." He paused in hesitation before finishing his sentence. "Blood." 

B-blood? Who's bl-oh! I felt the temperature rising in my cheeks as I unscrambled the puzzle, gradually fitting the pieces together to understand the situation. It must be that time of the month, which thankfully guys didn't have to experience. That would explain why Roxy was in pain, also why Lay reacted the way he did. 

The dull clank of a knife being dropped onto the table successfully sliced through the tranquility. "On second thought, maybe I'm not so hungry after all." Chen distastefully pushed the plate to create a gap between him and his toast, which had been smeared with jam. 

Kai was looking a little green as realization finally struck him. "Oh god." He placed a hand to his mouth. 

I'm sure after our innocent maknae's graphic analogy, no one will ever think about eating jam again. I shuddered at the thought; certainly not strawberry jam. 

Roxy's eyes fluttered opened and was overwhelmed to take in the sight of all 12 of us surrounding her. "W-What's going on?" 

"You passed out." Tao responded, absentmindedly raking his fingers through her messy locks. Regarding the unusual gesture, she didn't show any signs of discomfort, nor did she voice her opinion. 

Her eyes shot to the wall clock. The minimal color that returned to her cheeks were instantly drained as panic reflected off her pupils. "Why didn't you guys wake me up? I'm going to be late for my first class!" Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter