Lay

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is written in Lay's POV.

Thanks to all those that have recently subscribed, commented and upvoted! And sorry for taking so long to update.

-------

 

We arrived back on Earth from Exo Planet a few hours ago. But the majority of the group had been reluctant to go see Roxy. After the series of events that had happened, we weren't sure how to face her. Tao, Sehun and Luhan were especially quiet during the trip. We were roaming around aimlessly but under Suho's orders, we eventually found our way in front of Roxy's apartment building. 

Ding. To our dismay, the elevator doors opened up. The ride to the third floor came to a halt much too quickly. 

"Come on Tao." I grunted as I tried pulling the nervous boy along with me. His resistance was strong and walking was becoming more of a difficult task with every step. We held up the rear while the others trudged heavy heartedly behind Suho. 

Still refusing to budge, Tao rolled his eyes. "Easy for you to say, you're not the one who ed up." He hissed under his breath. 

My eyes bulged out in awe as I'd never heard Tao willingly admit to his faults before. He must have been badly affected, to the extent that the guilt was slowly eating him up. He wasn't the only one though, as no one had been acting like themselves lately. It's only been about two days, but everything just felt strange without Roxy's presence. 

Always having had a knack for eavesdropping, Chen caught each and every word of Tao's confession; loud and clear. "This is the first time you're taking the blame for something you've done!" He gasped exaggeratedly, which caught the attention of the whole group. 

"Don't act as though you're not equally at fault." He snapped back hotly. 

"Ahem!" Suho boisterously cleared his throat before an actual fight would ensue. "Look guys, we all did wrong. Father was right." Not wanting to believe what he'd just said, we all stared gapingly at him. "This is getting ridiculous, we have to push aside these meaningless feelings and accomplish what we came here to do." 

"Are you serious?" Chanyeol shook his head in disappointment, expression grim. "This is all you have to say after everything we've been through together?" 

Looking Chanyeol directly in the eye, Suho glared. "If we hadn't gotten sidetracked, we could've avoided all this mess!" In the heap of all the emotions he was emitting into the air, anger was the most apparent when he clenched his fists. "Sehun-he..." 

Silence seeped into the tension thick atmosphere. Suho never finished his thoughts, but it was obvious what he was hinting at. Thankfully, Sehun was still with us, except his journey has ended whereas ours had just barely started. We were all trying to adjust to these changes, but at least our maknae seemed genuinely happy. 

I know what is expected of me and I will give my best effort to fulfill my given duties. Though it seems sinful of me, I just can't help feeling envious toward Sehun's situation. 

"And what about Roxy?" Sehun had been the only one that dared to speak up. 

"She'll fall in love with Vince and we'll succeed our mission." Suho replied matter-of-factly. To the others, he sounded heartless. 

In correlation to my healing ability, I've always been very sensitive to others' emotions; even the minor ones they exude through their aura. So only I had been able to detect the slightest hint of the forced robotic tone in his voice. 

"It's a win win situation for all of us." He seemed to be trying to convince himself rather than the group that this scenario would work out for the best. 

The door in front of us suddenly opened up to reveal Kris. "How long were you guys planning on staying out here?" He raised a curious eyebrow while his facial features looked unimpressed. My guess is that he heard our conversation and wasn't pleased about it. 

"Where's Roxy?" Kai cautiously questioned. 

"Inside." He shuffled aside so we could move in. "We've been waiting for you guys the whole night." 

His words took us completely by surprise. I carefully studied Kris for a moment. I could feel positive vibes coming from him and since there were no signs of warning, I assumed this wasn't anything terrible. 

Suho must have come up with the same conclusion thus took the lead and sauntered right past him. 

"Kris, is the piz-oh." Roxy shied away from eye contact once she saw us piling in. "Y-you guys are back." There was something different about the way she spoke. Instead of her usual nonchalant and flat tone, it was much softer; for once, she almost sounded relieved to see us. 

We- (I'm-)..." We simultaneously began talking all at once. 

"I'm sorry." Roxy took the initiative to apologize first. "I said some hurtful things that I shouldn't have, sorry for overreacting." She specifically eyed Tao, Chanyeol and Suho. "Kris told me what happened, I'm sorry you lost your powers Sehun." 

"N-no! Don't be!" Said male choked out. Having startled everyone with his abrupt outburst, he decided to elaborate. "I m-mean, it's okay, I'm fine. Really." He stammered uncontrollably. 

"A-and about the disowning thing..." She mumbled, her hands trembling as she fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. "If it'll help at all, I can talk to your father about it?" 

Roxy was rather guilty that all these unfortunate events had occurred because of her. She was evidently struggling as she didn't want to appear nosy, meanwhile she couldn't pretend she wasn't the root cause of those consequences Sehun had to endure. 

"Hey." Sehun called out tenderly. I felt the rush of confidence surging through his body as he approached her. He tilted her chin so they were now seeing eye to eye. "If this was meant to happen, it would've happened regardless. Don't beat yourself up about it." We were all taken aback by his sprout of maturity. "I actually like it better this way." No sense of remorse, sadness or fury; I could tell he was speaking the truth. 

I could feel the accelerating speed of both their hearts. I assumed the kiss they shared had resurfaced in their memory again. My lips curled up halfheartedly at how flustered they appeared. 

Roxy let out a breath of relief. At a loss for anything appropriate to respond, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter