Xiumin

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: As specified in the title, this chapter is in Xiumin's POV. 

Anyways, I would like to say hi and thanks to my new subscribers. I'm also very grateful for another upvote <3 

Happy reading!

--------

 

The rays of sunlight seeping in through the blinds disrupted me from my sleep. I open my eyes with much difficulty as I shielded the sun from my sight. I sat up from my position on the couch, which was where I'd crashed for the night.

Approximately a foot away stood a king sized mattress being occupied by Suho, Chen and Lay. Chen had an arm spread over Suho's chest and a leg splayed across the others' lower extremities, his blanket was nowhere to be seen. Chuckling, I got up, picked the duvet off the floor and threw it back over him.

On the right side of the bed were two sleeping bags. No one wanted to sleep on the floor; to my surprise, not even Luhan, who absolutely hates sharing his sleeping space. As a result, we used rock paper scissors as our deciding method. I could see Kai's fluffy bed hair peeking out from his bag. But the one next to his was empty.

That's when I heard the sizzling coming from the stove. Ambling over to the kitchen, I was met with D.O's back. He was making pancakes and the aroma was heavenly.

"Morning." I greeted groggily in a hushed tone.

I seemed to have taken him by surprise as he jumped slightly. Once he recomposed himself, he returned the greeting.

"Couldn't sleep?" I mumbled as he concentrated on flipping the pancakes. After all, I have always been the earliest riser of the group.

D.O shrugged. "It was alright. Now that I think about it, sleeping on the floor is probably a lot more comfortable than trying to squeeze six people onto two queen sized beds stuck together."

A smile stretched out onto my face at the comment. I imagined how crammed together the other six must've been sleeping in the storage room. And I was secretly glad that I volunteered to sleep on the couch.

Today was the first day to commence our plan; or Operation: Love me right, as per Baekhyun's request.

I remembered how Roxy's facial features instantly turned from one of annoyance to a look of indifference as Luhan relayed his plan to us as if she wasn't there to hear any of it.

In the eyes of Westerners, Roxy is considered of average height and weight. However, being a Canadian born Chinese, under Asian standards, she is seen as chubby, perhaps even overweight.

She hid her true emotions well; to the point that if I wasn't as observant as I had been, I would've missed the sliver of hurt that flashed over her orbs when Luhan announced we needed to do something about her weight.

I sighed at the thought, the memory of my childhood suddenly fresh in my mind. I could empathize with her as I've been in her shoes before. I was always teased for being slightly chubbier than everyone else. And the words thrown at me, regardless of whether it was meant only as a joke, was hurtful nonetheless. So I was sure she wouldn't have felt any different, especially when Luhan had been so blunt about it.

Now standing in front of her room, I knocked on her door. Of course, I wasn't expecting a response at nearly nine in the morning. But as her personal trainer, I needed to ensure I was doing my job.

I raised my fist to knock again, louder this time, hoping she wasn't a heavy sleeper; but to no avail.

This is a girl's room after all, so I naturally felt shy at even the idea of entering inside. We worked our plan around her agenda...was the nicer way to think about it. But in reality, we demanded her schedule so we had a reference of whether or not she was lying to us whenever she tried to use the 'I'm busy' excuse.

On Sundays, she had work at a coffee shop from noon to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter