Five

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks to those who have recently subscribed, also to those who actually read this.  

--------

 

It's now been a month and counting since the Exo boys have barged into my life. I'm considered on good terms with a fourth of the group, namely Lay, Suho and Xiumin. And I suppose I don't have anything against Kris, Chanyeol or D.O; the rest I wasn't so fond of.

Working out every morning with Xiumin has become a routine, one that I was already accustomed to. According to their plan, step three was going to start today.

Nikki and I had finished classes for the day and had planned to stay at school a couple extra hours to study for our upcoming midterms.

Instead, I was supposed to be heading off to the mall with some of the guys; but as much as I hated studying, I would rather be stuck at school than be wasting my time with them.

"Ready to go?" Nikki approached me with two bento boxes.

I placed my wallet back into my bag before grabbing my bubble tea and yam fries off the counter. "Yeah, let's go."

As soon as we walked out the doors of the main building, four familiar figures stopped me in my tracks.

"Roxy, there you are!" Baekhyun beamed at me.

My eyes widened in utter bewilderment, as I couldn't believe they actually came to my university. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We agreed to meet up after class, remember?" Sehun caught sight of the bubble tea in my hand and grabbed it from me.

"Rox, they are?" My protest was momentarily forgotten when Nikki suddenly cut into our conversation.

I gulped nervously, I wasn't sure how to answer her. "Uh...they are..."

"Her classmates." Kris swooped in when he noticed how much I was struggling to come up with a response.

"Right, we're the new transfers. And Roxy volunteered to show us around." Tao added on to the lie.

I sighed. "And I thought I texted that I changed my mind?" I did technically tell them beforehand.

"Wha-?" Nikki gawked at me then at the boys and back at me again unbelievingly. "Excuse us for a moment." She told them before pulling me off to the side.

I shot daggers at Tao when he took my box of fries in the process.

"What's wrong with you?" She frowned, arms crossed over her chest.

I raised an eyebrow in question. "What?" Clearly, I hadn't a clue what she meant.

Nikki rolled her eyes. "The necklace is obviously working its magic! But you choose studying over spending time with four hotties?"

I grimaced at her choice of words, but eventually nodded. "Yeah, that sounds about right." If only she knew the story behind why they're being so persistent, she'd instantly regret saying this.

Without another word, she dragged me back over to the boys. "Roxy's all yours. She changes her mind and would love to hang with you guys."

"Excuse me?!" I blurted out. I clearly said no such thing!

"Just go with the flow!" She whispered, winking before giving me a knowing smile. "Have fun now!" She waved, leaving me alone with them.

I groaned, this was going to be a long night.

-----

We walked around the mall looking through the window displays to determine whether or not we were going in.

The first store we stopped in contained mostly business attire. After browsing through some of the clothes, they collectively decided it was too sophisticated, much too serious; and would only cause me to look even more intimidating than I already was.

"Is this really necessary?" I called out from behind them, and they halted their steps to gaze at me. "What's wrong with the clothes I have anyways?"

So my wardrobe consisted mainly of graphic tees, oversized sweaters, hoodies and ripped jeans. I don't see what the big deal is, or why it's even an issue.

Sehun sighed and shook his head dejectedly, as if that was the stupidest question to ever be asked. "Let me break it down for you slowly." He then spoke at an annoyingly dawdling pace.

I rolled my eyes and gestured for him to resume.

"You're trying to impress a dude." He waited to see that I understood before moving on. "But that's not gonna happen when you're dressed like one."

I took a few seconds to soak in the information. Sehun's logic does make sense, as much as I hated agreeing with him. But there was still another problem. "I probably can't afford half the things in this mall." I shamelessly confessed.

This time, Tao stared at me with his mouth agape, as if to say 'you've got to be kidding me right?' "Who needs money when we've got Suho hyung's black card!"

"Alright guys, enough chit chat. Let's go in." Baekhyun lugged the two youngest inside the store we stood in front of.

They were all dispersed around the store, picking out clothes they thought would be suitable for me. I dislike shopping so as soon as we walked in, I made a beeline for the couch.

"Try these on." Kris shoved a light blue layered ruffle cami top and a gray cardigan into my hands before directing me to the change rooms. "Come out when you're done."

I detested being told what to do, but it wasn't as if I had much of a choice at this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter