Suho

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is written in Suho's POV. 

Thanks to those who have recently subscribed, upvoted and commented. 

For anyone who is still reading this story, I apologize for the crappy chapter and for taking so long to update. 

-------

 


Clean, nicely pressed and ironed black suit, dress shirt and pants? Check. 

Aftershave? Che-... I lifted my arms to take a whiff, musky with a hint of our lemon body wash; thankfully not overbearing. Check. 

Slick gelled hair? Check. And with the amount I used, probably strong enough to withstand Sehun's previous wind. 

Floss? I flashed my teeth in the mirror and didn't find any remnants from breakfast or lunch; thank god. Mouthwash? Hmm.. I cupped my hands and huffed out a breath of air. Minty and fresh, just what I had been going for. Check! Although I might want to pop in a mint later, just in case. 

Shaved facial hair? I leaned into the counter practically shoving my face up against the mirror to inspect every spot on my face for any hairs that I might've missed. Nope, looking good! 

I retracted and intently glanced at my reflection. 

What am I doing? My job is to lead her in the direction of her happiness, which is obviously not me. So why am I so worried about my appearance? Why am I wasting my efforts to make a good impression when I know that Roxy will never belong to me, or any of us? I would be lying if I said she didn't have any effect on me at all. But aside from convincing myself otherwise, what else was I supposed to do? For as long as I can remember, I've never disobeyed my father, much less breaking a law! Besides, her heart belongs to Vince, he's the key to her forever. And as uncomfortable as thinking about that makes me feel, I have to continuously remind myself. I can't be setting a bad example for my brothers; no matter how much they'll hate me for it. 

"I don't like Roxy, she's just the target of our mission." I kept repeating the sentence like a mantra; hoping I'd eventually hypnotize myself to believing that to be the truth. 

Now that I had established the facts, I needed to shake off my anxiousness. And what better way to feel hyped and confident than through a pep talk? 

"Okay Suho, you can do this! You've been through tougher times, fighting off evil forces, facing your father's wrath. Nothing to be nervous about. It's just you and Roxy causally hanging out, it'll be easy! Come on man, you've got this!" Feeling the adrenaline rush through my body I pumped a fist into the air. 

"Shut up and get out of the bathroom already! Other people need to use it too, you know!" Came the incessant rapping accompanied by Chen's impatient complaints. 

I inhaled then exhaled deeply before unlocking the door. Well, here goes nothing. 

"Geez, took you long enough!" Chen shoved past me, the door slamming shut with a bang. 

Shaking my head, I rounded the corner and almost bumped into Lay. Kai, who had been behind him also stopped in his tracks. 

"There you are!" Lay looked relieved to see me. That usually only meant one thing. 

"Who got in trouble this time?" I sighed. 

"What?" Lay's expression contorted into one of utter bewilderment. 

Kai chuckled, having understood the reason why I reacted that way. "Hyung, why do you always assume we only come to you when something bad happens?" 

Having been their leader for so long it was an instinct, forced out of habit. I waved a hand in the air dismissively. "Never mind that." 

"Here, this is for you." Lay held an envelope in his hand and I reached out to grab it. 

I broke the seal off and pulled out two movie tickets. I raised an eyebrow in question, now skeptical of their antics. 

Kai rolled his eyes. "We're not trying to lure you into seeing some kind of horror film, if that's what you're worried about. We wouldn't stoop down to Tao's level." 

Lay vigorously nodded. "Yeah, this is a romantic comedy. If you don't trust us you can even look it up." 

"But what about tonight's dinner?" 

"Today's your day to spend with her, who says you can't do both?" The thought never occurred to me until Lay mentioned it. 

"Exactly, and your reservation isn't until seven. You've still got a few hours left to kill, might as well go see the movie." Kai added, reminding me of the tickets still laying in my grasp. 

I stared down at the tickets. They did make a persuasive point. "Okay." I agreed. After all, what's the worst that could happen? 

-----

In the thick unrelenting fog, a woman cautiously lurked in the outdoors. Her breathing was unsteady and swallow. Her unblinking eyes were alert and darted from side to side in search for her predator. 

In the midst of her paranoia, she failed to sense the presence of the shadow stealthily closing in on her. 

When she had turned around, all thoughts of escaping were futile. She gasped, shrieking as she focused on running for her life. The vampire bolted in front of her, harshly grasping her by the shoulders; enjoying the way his prey squirmed. His eyes glimmered a shade of bloody red. his lips, he bared his sharp fangs for her to see before penetrating his canines into her flesh. Her blood splattered all over my line of vision. 

The pitch of my screaming was one that could rival with that of a fangirling preteen girl. Alarmed by my sudden comparison, I even frightened myself. The screams coming from the main actress eventually died down in but mine were still persistent even after the movie had come to an end. 

I was violently trembling in my seat while Roxy had latched onto my arm. Her face had been hidden in my shoulder while her legs were curled up on the seat. 

In the distance I heard shameless guffawing. Sitting a few rows above us were the rest of the guys. 

What I thought was supposed to be a harmless cheesy romantic comedy instead turned out to be a gory 3D horror movie. Why was I so gullible to trust their words so easily? I should've known that Luhan would use one of his mind manipulations to trick me into complying. 'You conniving liars!' I cursed at them. 

'It was Chen's idea.' Luhan was quick to blame. 

I rolled my eyes. 'As if he'd be able to do all this without you.' 

'Exactly, it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter