Kris

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is written in Kris' POV.

Thank you for subscribing and reading. 

-------


Sehun carefully laid Roxy down on the bed in the living room before they had to take off for Exo Planet. 

A few hours after they'd left, my body ached and felt sore all over; as if I'd just taken a beating. The only possible explanation I could come up with was the twin telepathy I shared with Luhan. On top of how worried I was about the state Roxy was in, this increased the worry I had for my brothers tenfold. 

Eventually becoming drowsy as a result of restless shuffling, I leaned back against the couch. But the minute I shut my eyes, my chest started hurting. Almost as if my throat was being constricted, I felt it was getting harder to breath. Tumbling, now on the ground, I rolled to and fro; frantically clawing at my neck in hopes to cease the invisible grasp. It obviously was a futile attempt, and I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I was glad when it was finally over.

Panting heavily to regain my breath, I frustratingly tousled my hair. This implied that Luhan was in danger, perhaps the others also. And I could do absolutely nothing about it. All I could do was pray that they were unharmed. Wanting a distraction from this helplessness, I shifted my attention to Roxy. 

I sighed as I watched her kicking off the duvet for the fifth time in the last 10 hours. I bent over and picked up the blanket to spread it back over her. That's when I noticed the crease between her eyebrows. I concluded she must be having another nightmare. With the most meticulous touch I could muster, I rubbed a thumb over her skin to ease her tension. 

Now that it was quiet, I couldn't refrain from indulging into my thoughts. I've always known that the path to becoming king isn't easy. There's various challenges we have to face and succeed in. And even then there'd only be one successor. The concept of love isn't simple, but I hadn't anticipated that it would become so complicated. Feelings of fondness have to develop between two people to spark a relationship; it doesn't work if it's one sided. And I know that feeling all too well. 

It's ironic, thinking back to how concentrated we were for our very first mission. But now, I find that the more I learn about Roxy, the harder my heart throbs. The more time I spend with her, the more I've grown to accept and like her for who she is. Unfortunately, she's been through a lot of emotional pain lately, and our unexpected appearance only made things worse. Though it's forbidden and disapproved of, I'm aware of my feelings for her. And that alone already adds to the challenge. 

A sudden vibration in my pant pocket pulled me out of my trance. Fumbling, my heart leaped out of my ribcage as I got up and made my way to the kitchen before answering. "Suho, is everything alright?" 

He responded with a sigh. "For the most part, yeah." He sounded so tired on the other line. 

"Did father give Sehun a hard time again?" I apprehensively chewed on my bottom lip as I awaited his response.

"He-" Suho hesitated. "Sehun lost his powers and father disowned him." 

It took some time for me to digest his words, but once I'd registered what he was saying, I was infuriated. "How could you let father do that? Why didn't you defend Sehun? Or do you think your image is more important than your brother?!"  

"So, this is how you really think of me?" Suho's tone of voice was undoubtedly strained, to the point of sounding broken. 

I groaned at how terribly the situation was unfolding. Caught up in fury at the news, I'd completely lost control over my mouth and spouted some things I shouldn't have. I didn't mean to vent out all my anger toward him. "I'm sorry Suho." I apologized, hoping he could feel my sincerity. 

He sighed again. "It's alright, I understand." 

"But how could this have happened?" 

"You know how we're not supposed to fall in love with any other race aside from Exorians? Well we suspect it must be because of the kiss." 

His explanation was comparable to the many pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. But I used the information he'd given me and formulated a conclusion. "Sehun is in love with Roxy and the consequence of that kiss was losing his powers?" 

"Mhmm." He confirmed with a hum. "Well, at least that's what we think. And not only that, the rest of our powers have weakened a lot too, also because we've developed feelings for her." 

That was definitely a turn of events  I didn't see coming. "Well that's a bit messed up." I muttered my initial thoughts. After all, how often does a guy encounter a situation where he and his 11 other brothers fall in love with the same girl; but strangely enough doesn't have a problem with it? 

"So you're not going to deny it?" He didn't sound the slightest bit surprised. 

And even though I knew he wouldn't be able to see me, I instinctively furrowed my eyebrows in bewilderment. "Did any of you?" 

"No." He stated adamantly, with no moment of pause or equivocation. 

For whatever reason unknown to me, I released the breath I hadn't realized I was holding, in relief. 

"You and the rest are alright?" I asked tentatively, rather anxious what he would answer. Our father is a ruthless and unpredictable man. Having experienced all that pain earlier and not being able to be with them, naturally had me concerned about their safety. 

"We fought, but we're fine." He rushed to reassure me; sparing me the details. "And Sehun's been adapting well to the situation. If anything he seems happier." 

A smile spread across my lips upon hearing this. But it immediately disappeared the second I turned around and saw Roxy standing a few feet in front of me. "I gotta go. I'll see you guys tomorrow." 

I wasn't sure when she started eavesdropping or how much she'd heard. She didn't utter a word, instead all she did was walk past me to take a seat at the dining table, cradling her head in her hands. 

Aside from contorting pain, her face didn't expose any other emotion. Taking the thermos off the counter, I cautiously approached her. "Drink this, it's ginger tea, D.O made it to help with your hangover." 

Little by little, she gradually finished the drink. I watched as she absentmindedly played with the empty thermos, seemingly in deep contemplation. And what she proposed took me by shock. 

"Will you visit the orphanage with me?"

-----

By the time we arrived, the preschoolers were tucked into their beds, patiently waiting for their nap time story. 

I sat down beside Macie, one of the youngest girls in the orphanage. She was throwing a tantrum about not wanting her afternoon nap and somehow I had been able to pacify her. 

"The evil witch disappeared and Snow White, her Prince Charming and the seven dwarfs all lived happily ever after." Roxy closed the book and was pleased to see most of the kids soundly asleep. 

I turned to my left when I felt a slight tug from my sleeve. "What's wrong Macie?" I whispered, leaning in closer. 

"Are you Roxy's Prince Charming?" She asked in a tiny voice; her doe eyes reflecting anticipation.

My cheeks involuntarily flushed red at being asked such a question. But she was waiting on my answer and it seemed as though she wouldn't sleep without one. "I guess you can say that." I rubbed my nape out of shyness, offering her a gummy smile. 

"Then will you promise to love and protect her forever?" She innocently held out her pinky finger, gazing up at me expectantly. 

I couldn't help but chuckle at her adorable gesture. "I promise you that me and Roxy's 11 dwarfs will always love and protect her." I wrapped my pinky around hers and pressed our thumbs together to make it official. 

She yawned and slept with a grin plaster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter