One

Operation: Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi. This is just a short intro. Please do tell me what you think of it so far!

---------

 

 

February 14th, better known as Valentine's day is the day I hate the most in all the 365 days of the year. And ironically, this very day also happens to be my birthday.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes when a couple sat down at the table to my left. Deciding that they would soon show some kind of PDA, I reflexively turned over to my right. This however, proved to be a huge mistake as I witnessed another couple lip locking. Though they didn't notice or seemed to care that I was openly staring, I still couldn't control my cheeks from heating up due to utter embarrassment. I internally groaned, this day just keeps getting better.

Obviously, it wasn't safe looking either way, so I opted to listen to music with my head nestled in my enfolded arms on the table. But instead of concentrating on the song that was currently playing, I was cursing my best friend. After all, if she hadn't insisted on meeting up at Starbucks after class, I would already be on the next bus going home.

A moment later, I felt someone pounce on my back; the earphones I had plugged in yanking out from the sudden impact. I tend to scare easily, so this startled me. Already knowing who the culprit behind my surprise attack was, I glared at the cheeky grin plastered on her face. Behind Nikki, stood her boyfriend of one month; flashing me an awkward smile that could easily be mistaken as a grimace when we made eye contact. I couldn't refrain myself from rolling my eyes again. Even my so called best friend had to implicitly taunt me.

"Don't worry babe. She's usually a little nicer. Roxanne's just being a sour puss today, but she'll be back to normal tomorrow." Nikki reassured Jayden as she extended a hand to fix my tousled side bangs.

I scowled at the use of my full name and swatted her hand away.

Jayden cleared his throat. "Um, I'm gonna go grab a coffee. You guys want anything?" He boringly scrolled through his phone as he awaited our response.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter