Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 8 

 

After that day, Changwook and Yoona's relationship leap to new boundaries. Yoona kept her promised about working reasonable hours and Changwook was always there for her. They were now able to talked about everything, including their future. 

 

"Changwook Oppa, would you preferred to have a boy or a girl?" Yoona asked, one evening after dinner. 

 

Changwook, who was watching his favorite program on TV, wasn't paying much attention to his wife, "A boy or a girl what?" He answered distractedly. 

 

"I don't think this is a good time to asked you this." Yoona pouted at Changwook's lack of attention. 

 

"Honey." Changwook tore his attention from the show, "Sorry about that but really, I don't know what you were talking about." 

 

"I asked you if you wanted a boy or a girl?" 

 

Understanding slowly dawned on Changwook, "Honey? Are you trying to tell me something?" Changwook asked excitedly. 

 

Yoona started blushing, "No, it's not that. I just wanted to know." 

 

"Hm." Changwook was a little disappointed, "I never really thought about it. I think either one would be fine as long as you are ok and the baby's healthy." 

 

Yoona snuggled closer to Changwook, "I think I would liked a little boy." She said dreamily, "Just liked his dad." "Are you sure you could handle two of us around?" Changwook teased back. 

 

"I would loved to have two of you around." Yoona answered seriously. 

 

All thoughts of watching TV disappeared from their minds as the couple started kissing each other. 

 

"Let's see if we can fulfill your wished tonight." Changwook answered huskily. 

 

"Yoona." Changwook called out, as he entered her office. His wife ignored him as she continued with her calculations, "Yoona!" Changwook said louder, as he started rubbing her shoulders. 

 

"Oppa, that feels heavenly." Yoona purred, as she leaned her head back, "How long have you been in here?" 

 

"Just for a few minutes." He smiled lovingly, "Working on another problem?" 

 

"Yes, but it's not too bad. I think that we can start making our prototype in a month or so." 

 

"That soon? You are doing a wonderful job." Changwook praised. 

 

"Of course. Your wife is the greatest." Yoona stood up and gave Changwook a butterfly kissed. 

 

"Yoona, I wanted to tell you that I have an appointment with the banker at noon. I asked Yunho to go to lunch with you, is that ok?" He was now secured with his relationship with Yoona and was no longer threatened by his best friends association with his wife. 

 

"You don’t have to do that. I can take care of myself, you know." Yoona playfully scolded her worrywart husband, "Huh? Last time you said that, you ended up staying here until seven and forgot to eat lunch and dinner." 

 

Yoona smiled ruefully as she remembered that incident when Changwook had to leave town for a day, "Ok, you are right." 

 

"Anyway, I should be back before three this afternoon. I will see you later and don't worked too hard." Changwook gave his wife another kissed. 

 

"So, how is married life?" Yunho inquired, during lunch. 

 

Yoona's expression immediately softened as she thought about her husband, "It's a lot better than I thought it would be." 

 

"I'm very happy to hear that. I know that you had a roughed start." 

 

"Yes. Just imagined, I thought that life was meaningless just a few months ago and now I couldn't even imagined life without Changwook." Yoona answered happily. 

 

"I felt bad for the both of you when you first got married. Changwook was beside himself, taking care of business and not knowing how to deal with being married and you were having a hard time dealing with your dad's death and being an overnight bride. Did you know I was the one who suggested Changwook to let you finished your studies?" 

 

"No, I never realized that." 

 

"Changwook missed you terribly while you were away but he knew it was for your own good too, so he forced himself to be patient and wait for you to graduate." 

 

This was another new perspective for Yoona. She was beginning to realized how little she really knew about her husband. 

 

"Thank you for having lunch with me Yunho Oppa. It was very informative." 

 

"Yoona." Yunho called, as he entered her room later that afternoon. 

 

"Oppa? Didn't we have lunch already?" Yoona gave him a perplexed looked, "Is there anything wrong?" She just noticed his grave expression. 

 

"Yoona, I think you should the radio and listened to the news." 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" She couldn't stand it anymore, "Oppa, you are scaring me. What is going on?" 

 

"Brace yourself." Yunho warned, "Some terrorists just bomb the main downtown bank." 

 

Yoona's eyes widened, "Is it another September 11 incident?" 

 

Something nagged at the back of her mind. Realization was just about to dawn on her when Yunho said, "Changwook was at that bank." 

 

Yoona bolted out of her chair and rushed out with Yunho trying to stopped her, "Yoona wait, you have to stayed here and wait. That whole area has been section off and no one is allowed to go near it." 

 

Yoona was crying hysterically, "But what about my husband? Have you heard anything? I got to go there." 

 

Yunho held Yoona comfortingly in his arms, "We have no other choice but to wait and see."