Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 5 

 

It was the day of the party and Changwook was staring moodily outside his bedroom window while the workers were busy preparing their house. Another week had gone by and he was still getting nowhere with his wife. At least they have something in common to talked about now. Worked. He wanted more. He wanted to have a family with Yoona and he wanted Yoona to be his wife in every sense of the word. 

 

"Be patient." He reminded himself again, "After all, you have only been back together for a couple of weeks." But he's already waited for so long and why is it that his wife was friendly and opened with everyone else except him. He hated to admit this to himself but he was also very jealous of Yunho. 

 

"Changwook Oppa, what do you think of this dressed?" Yoona walked into his room and twirled around to show off the Navy Scarlett beaded halter dressed she was going to wear for the party. 

 

Changwook was speechless as he stared at his pretty wife. One part of him was very proud of the way she looked while the other part wanted to locked her up in his bedroom so that no one else could see her. 

 

"You don't liked it?" Yoona's face fell with disappointment, "I will go changed." 

 

"No, don't. You looked pretty." Changwook finally found his voice. 

 

"Really? You are not just saying that?" Yoona asked, for reassurance. 

 

"Really." Changwook's voice deepened. He walked up to her and gently lifted her chin. They stared deeply into each other's eyes as he slowly lowered his head and tenderly kissed her, "You looked pretty." 

 

"We shouldn't be doing this." Yoona backed away. 

 

"Why not? We are married. That's what married couples do. They kissed each other and loved each other." Changwook couldn't contained his frustration anymore. 

 

"We are not exactly a normal married couple." 

 

"I agreed that the circumstances leading to our being married wasn't normal for this day but people used to do it all the time and a lot of them were happy with each other." 

 

"And a lot of them were miserable, too!" She immediately retorted. 

 

"You have an answered to everything, don't you? Tell me, what do you want from me? Are you saying that just because there's a chance that this wouldn't worked that you won't even try to find out? I'm telling you right now, your dad entrusted you to me and I will be damn if I don't followed through with his wishes." 

 

"All I wanted was to loved and be loved!" Yoona cried inwardly, "Now I'm just a responsibility!" 

 

"Sir?" A maid called out hesitantly, from the doorway, "One of the workers needed to have a word with you." 

 

"Tell him I will be right there!" Changwook snapped impatiently. He turned back to Yoona, "This discussion isn't over. We can't continued on liked this." Then he noticed her strickened looked and softened, "I'm sorry to upset you today of all days. Don't worry, we will worked things out eventually." He added soothingly. He tenderly brushed his long fingers acrossed her cheeks as if to silently apologized then left her standing in his room. Ballroom music, elegantly dressed people, champagne and delicious food set the mood at the party. Overall, everyone was having a marvelous time. Yoona managed to forget about the earlier incident and was now catching up with all of her friends. 

 

"Jumyuk Oppa? Is that you?" Yoona's ever-present smiled got even wider when she spotted her old high school buddy. 

 

"Yoona. I have been trying to find you since I got here. You sure got a big placed." Jumyuk grinned back and gave her a hug. 

 

"You dork, where have you been hiding all these times? I thought you have moved back to China or something." "Well Yoona, I see you haven't really changed that much, calling your good friend a dork. Hey, congratulations for graduating with top honors. You were always the smart one of the group." 

 

"Thank you, I think." Yoona gave Jumyuk a funny looked, "So tell me, what have you been up to lately?" 

 

"Standing right in front of you is one of the top ten race car drivers for the FIA WTCC." Jumyuk proudly announced. 

 

"Wow, that is awesome. You were always into cars when we were in high school. Who would have thought that you would actually end up making a living out of it?" Yoona praised. Then she added, "I race cars for fun, too." 

 

"You?" An incredulous Jumyuk said, "But you were always too prissy to be around stuff liked that, you were always into girly stuff." 

 

"I guessed a lot has changed since we last saw each other." 

 

"Listen, the organization I belong to is sponsoring a charity event to helped homeless children. One of the events is women car racing, care to be in it?" 

 

Yoona really loved this idea and was about to agreed when she heard Changwook's voice. 

 

Changwook had heard the last part of the conversation and didn't liked the idea of his wife racing again. He approached Yoona and placed a possessive arm around her shoulder, "Hi, I'm Ji Changwook, Yoona's husband?" He extended his right hand towards Jumyuk. 

 

Jumyuk shook his hand and said, "I'm Jumyuk, Yoona's high school classmate. Wonderful party you have here." Yoona looked bewilderedly at Changwook. He had basically left her alone for most of the night, letting her enjoyed her time with her friends so what was he doing here now? 

 

"I overheard you telling Yoona about the car racing event. I think it's a great idea to helped children." 

 

Now Yoona understood. Before Changwook could say anything else, she interrupted, "I was just about to tell Jumyuk that it would be a great honor for me to be one of the drivers for the event." Then she turned to Jumyuk, "And Changwook always support me with whatever I want to do, right, darling?" There, she got him. Let's see him squirmed out of this one. 

 

Changwook frowned when he heard what Yoona said. Yeah, she sure got him in a spot. He wasn't about to start an argument in front of her friend. He will just have to deal with this later, "Whatever you say, loved." 

 

Jumyuk was watching this interesting conversation. He felt sorry for Changwook. If Yoona was his wife, he wouldn't want her racing either, "Yoona, you don't have to race, you know. It was just an impulsive idea." Guys gotta stick together. 

 

Changwook smiled at Jumyuk, 'I really liked this guy.' He thought to himself. 

 

Yoona caught on pretty fast, "No, I have already made up my mind. Signed me up."