Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 17: Epilogue 

 

"And the winner for this year's toy of the year award is..." 

 

Most people already knew who the winner would be and had turned expectantly over to where Changwook and Yoona were sitting. 

 

"Wonder Toys’ 'My Best Pal' and here to accept the award tonight is Yoona Ji, the designer of the most amazing invention and co-owner of Wonder Toys." 

 

The audience gave Yoona a standing ovation as she headed towards the stage. 'My Best Pal' had taken the toy industry by storm. As predicted, every child wanted one and Wonder Toys could barely keep up with the demands. 

 

Yoona paused for a moment and lovingly looked back at her husband who was grinning proudly at her. Changwook wasn't clapping liked everyone else though. He was too busy carrying their two-year-old twins who were having a grand time clapping with the rest of the people. 

 

Yoona smiled back. She wanted Changwook to accept the award with her but he insisted that this was her moment of glory and didn't want to take any of the limelight from her, 'My moment of glory.' She thought as she looked at her sons, 'Having the twins are my moment of glory and everything else pale in comparison to that.' Changwook never took his eyes off of his wife. He could never get tired of looking at Yoona. He, more than anyone else, knew how much she went through to get to this point. At first, both of them had to learn to forgive and forget the pained and resentment that transpired during his period of blindness. Then the economy took a serious dive that resulted in the project being put on hold for a period of time. To top it off, Yoona had a very difficult pregnancy and almost lost the babies. He couldn't control his shuddered at the memory of his Yoona losing so much blood before the babies were delivered. 

 

"Mommy." The sound of his firstborn calling out pulled him back to the present. 

 

"Mommy." Of course, the younger one immediately copies his brother. 

 

"Yes, that's mommy up there." The boys wanted to rush to their mom, "Ok now, you guys promised to behave tonight. Remembered, you can only get ice cream afterward if you are both good." 

 

The boys looked at each other. As if on cue, they simultaneously clamored out of their dad's arms and before Changwook could stop them, they ran towards their mom. The audience howled with laughter when they saw two adorable little boys, dressed in tiny tux's, rushing towards the stage. Their amusement grew, even more, when the boys kept on evading their harassed dad’s attempts to stopped them. 

 

The distracted Yoona and emcee turned just in time to see the two boys, on their hands and knees, scrambling up the steps, "Mommy!" The boys chorused happily. 

 

Changwook was so busy chasing his son's that he didn't even notice the fact that he was now on stage. His momentary sense of relief for finally catching up with the boys turned into a full-fledged embarrassment when he became aware of Yoona's amused expression. He gave his wife a grinned of apology and took controlled of their incorrigible sons. They were just about to leave when Yoona stopped them. 

 

She turned to the audience and announced, "Well, that was an interesting intermission." The audience chuckled in response, "These are my mischievous twins, Chunghee and Chungho, who normally, believe it or not, are better behave than this." She gave her son's a mock glared. They, in turn, gave her an innocent looked which never failed to melt her heart while the audience smiled in response to the wonderful family. 

 

"And this poor guy here is my husband, Ji Changwook." He gamely waved at the audience, "My amazing Changwook, my loved and my life." Changwook and Yoona stared deeply into each other's eyes. Forgetting about everything else, they leaned towards each other for a kissed as the audience clapped and whistled in appreciation. 

 


 

N/A: That's the end of Obstacles of Love everyone ^^
I'm sorry to have ended it so soon and I would like to thank all of my readers
'Til next time

 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡