Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 6 

 

The sound of powerful engines revving up and the crew running around in the pit area, getting the car and driver ready was making Changwook sick with worry. He had tried for days to convinced Yoona to let someone else race for her but he found out that his wife was as stubborn; no make that more stubborn than a mule. He felt his guts wrenched when he noticed how fast the cars were moving around the racetrack. 

 

Changwook paled even more when he inhale the nauseous fumed from the car, "Changwook Oppa, are you alright? Are you sure you want to be here?" Yoona was in high spirits today. She hadn't race for a while and her adrenalin was pumping full forced. 

 

Changwook smiled wanly at his wife. Since he couldn't convinced her to give up this idea of racing then he might as well show her his full support, "I'm ok, don't worry about me. Just concentrate on your driving." 

 

"You don't looked so good to me. Maybe you should just watched the race from the stand." Changwook shook his head. Yoona smiled and said, "Oppa, you have been worrying yourself sick for the last few days, don't worry. I have done this lots of times before." 

 

"Hey Yoona, you ready?! You will start racing in five minutes!" Jumyuk called out. 

 

"Ok Jumyuk Oppa!" She pulled Jumyuk back as he was about to leave, "Could you keep an eye on Changwook for me? He looks liked he's about to passed out." Jumyuk took one looked at the poor guy and immediately agreed. Yoona put on her helmet, gave Changwook a thumbs-up signed and got in the car. The crew pushed the car out of the pit and soon, she was at the start line with the rest of the racers. 

 

Changwook couldn't take his eyes off of Yoona's car. He fidgeted around nervously, his clammy hands holding tightly onto the binoculars. He vaguely heard Jumyuk say something about the safety precautions all racers take but couldn't focused on anything else but Yoona. 

 

The race started. He breath a sighed of relief as the cars made it through their first lap. Four more laps to go. Yoona told him that there would only be five laps since it's just a charitable event and not a real race. He started to relaxed a little bit when all the cars went through three laps without any incident. Yoona's car was on second placed right now and he was finally comfortable enough to cheer for his wife. 

 

Something was wrong. One of the cars started slowing down. The racer behind it wasn't able to react in time and slammed into the first car. In a blink of an eye, several cars were colliding into each other. Changwook dropped the binoculars when he saw Yoona's car flipping through the air and landing at the far end of the racetrack. He immediately started running towards her while Jumyuk yelled, "Get back here! It's dangerous!" 

 

"Yoona!" Changwook was screaming frantically. By the time he reached the area where her car had landed, there were already several people surrounding it. Some were hosing it with flame-retardants while others were helping the driver out of the car. 

 

Changwook pushed his way to get closer to the car, "Sir, you shouldn't be here." One of the emergency controlled people said. Changwook didn't pay any attention. He shoved the person aside. His mind reeled in shocked when he saw the once marvelous formula 1 looking liked a crumpled sheet of paper, 'No, no, no. Please let Yoona be alright?

 

"Yoona!" He shouted again. He slow down when he saw someone helping his shaky wife out of the car. He was so relieved that he couldn't moved for a second. 

 

Yoona got out of the car, still in shocked. She heard someone shouting her name and turned to spot Changwook standing not too far from her, white as a sheet. She ran towards him and wrapped her arms around him. 

 

Changwook held her tightly against him. Not one word was spoken. Changwook held her tighter as his hands started moving up and down her back as if making sure that she was alright. 

 

Jumyuk, who had sprinted acrossed the racetrack behind Changwook, approached the couple with the intention of telling them that Yoona had to be checked out by a doctor. He discreetly averted his gazed as he saw the agonized looked on Changwook’s face. 

 

Yoona's shocked was starting to wear off. She tried to eases Changwook's hold on her but he wouldn't let go. She felt something wet on her arm, "Oppa?" 

 

He didn't respond. He couldn't think about anything beyond the fact that Yoona survived the horrible accident and was now in his arms. She could have been killed. What if she were hurt? 

 

He finally eases his hold and gently allowed her to moved slightly apart from him. His worriedly checked her over, looking for any visible signs of injury. 

 

Yoona raised her hand to his face, "Oppa, you are crying." 

 

He ignored what she said, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Then he yelled, "Get a doctor over here!" He held Yoona closed to him again, "You are not racing ever again, do you hear me?" 

 

Yoona's independent streak was acting up. She pushed away from Changwook and was about to argued when she saw his tear-streaked face again. She was surprised when she heard herself saying softly, "I promised I won't race again." 

 

"Oh god Yoona, you have no idea." Changwook hugged her again. Tremors racked through his body at the thought of losing her without even having a chance to say... "I loved you Yoona." He whispered, against her ear. Yoona was too stunned to say anything, "Changwook, the doctor is here to checked on your wife." Jumyuk said. Miraculously, aside from a few minor bruises, Yoona was fine. Changwook didn't waste another second as he got his wife out of the racetrack and drove her home where she could be safe and sound.