Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 10 

 

Changwook stirred. Odd, why does he feel as if a bulldozer had ran over him? He open his eyes but it was dark. Must be night time. He senses that he was somewhere else. What was that smell? What was that monotonous beeping sound that woke him up? Hospital? What was he doing at a hospital? He was starting to panic when he felt someone squeezing his hand, "Yoona?" He whispered, and tried to sit up. 

 

"Changwook Oppa. Don't move." Yoona answered urgently, "Welcome back." She lean down and gave him a tender kiss on his forehead. 

 

Changwook smile. Yoona was with him. Just having her around was comforting while he was dealing with his bout of disorientation, "Hi love." He squeeze her hand back, "What's going on? Why am I in a hospital? And why is the room so dark?" 

 

Changwook's senses of panic rose again, as he heard Yoona choke back a sob. His grip on her hand tighten painfully, "Yoona? Tell me, what's going on?" 

 

Yoona was trying her best to be brave for both of them. She knew that Changwook would have a difficult time reconciling his present situation but it was so hard for her. At one time, Changwook's vital signs had drop dangerously low and the doctor had to perform another emergency procedure. She was fray with worry and fatigue. 

 

Taking in a deep breath, she tried to ask calmly, "Oppa, what was the last thing you remember?" 

 

Changwook remain silent as he concentrated. His face relax as he remember rubbing Yoona's shoulder and thinking how beautiful she look while working and then he remember going to his meeting at the bank. He remember standing up and shaking the manager's hand and that awful explosion. His heart started pounding furiously and his body started shaking. 

 

Yoona immediately place her arm reassuringly on him, "Shhh Oppa, its over. You are going to be fine now." "Yoona, it was horrifying. One minute, everything was going smoothly and the next." He started shivering. 

 

Yoona rub her hands on his chest, murmuring softly, "It's ok, it's ok. You are safe now." 

 

"What happen?" 

 

Yoona hesitate and then decided there was no harm in telling him, "Some terrorists bomb the building where the bank was." 

 

"Were there a lot of casualties? Have they arrested the bombers?" 

 

Yoona couldn't help but smile at the way Changwook's mind work, "Let's talk about this some other time. You need to rest now." 

 

"Yoona?" 

 

"Yes Oppa?" 

 

"Why won't you turn the lights on? I want to see you." 

 

This time, Yoona couldn't control her tears anymore, "Oppa, what's important is that you are alive and we are together." 

 

Changwook felt her tears fall on his chest. He tried to move his left arm and couldn't, "What's wrong with me?" He ask in an expressionless voice. 

 

"The left side of your body was severely injure but most of it will heal nicely in due time and." Yoona was having a hard time telling Changwook. 

 

"And what?" 

 

Yoona couldn't say it, "I will have the doctor explain the situation to you. He can do it better than I can." 

 

"Yoona, it's not dark in here, is it?" 

 

"No." She whispered. 

 

Changwook turn his face away as he absorb the fact that he was blind. 

 

"Oppa, please don't be like this?" Yoona pleaded; she could feel him shutting her out. 

 

They both turn as the door open and Dr. Cho enter, "Hello Mrs. Ji. I see our patient is finally awake." He notice the tense silence in the room, "Mr. Ji, let me introduce myself. I'm Dr. Cho, your head doctor. You are an extremely lucky young fellow to survive what you went through. Most people didn't make it." 

 

'Am I really lucky? I suppose I am.' Changwook thought. 

 

"You have a wonderful wife. She's been with you every single day for about a week now, taking care of your every single need." The doctor proceeded to give Changwook an examination. He aim a little flashlight at Changwook's eyes and notice that the pupils didn't react to the light. One look at Yoona confirm the doctor's suspicion, "Has Mrs. Ji told you about your condition yet?" 

 

"She started to but she thought it would be better if the information came from you." 

 

Dr. Cho told Changwook all about his situation and options, "But right now, the most important thing you need to do is rest and allow your other injuries to heal." 

 

Changwook close his eyes tiredly. Yoona saw this and said, "Thank you for all you have done doctor." 

 

After the doctor left, Yoona resume her vigil and held her husband's hand again, "Oppa, I love you so much. Don't worry, we will get through this together." She whispered, when she thought he had gone back to sleep. 

 

She was surprise when she felt his hand tighten, "I love you too, Yoona. Thank you for staying with me. Why don't you go home and get some rest?" 

 

"Oppa, I don't want to leave you." 

 

"Yoona, I'm not an invalid. The doctor said that I would be fine with some rest. I will probably be sleeping most of the time anyway so why don't you take this time to rest, too." Changwook senses that Yoona was hurt by this suggestion, "It will make me feel better knowing that you are taking care of yourself, too." He added softly, as his hand for her face. 

 

Yoona guided his hand against her cheek. She kiss it with all the love she felt as more tears fell from her eyes. 

 


 

 

N/A: For all of my readers, I'm deeply sorry that I haven't been able to update for such a long time, work has been keeping me away ;_; 

To make it up to all you wonderful readers/subcribers, I will be doing a double update after this one so look forward to it 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡