Remember me [3]

Appearance

I kissed his lips before I shut the car's door and I ran to the lobby, pushing the glass door and run again, then finding myself crashed with some girl and our book fell to the ground. She seems surprised, but I don't have time for this so I reached for my book and walk away.

"S-sorry," I know that was totally inappropriate apology. But there's nothing I could do. Please God, don’t make her be my senior because if you do, I’m pretty much screwed.

After passing the lobby next is the hallway. And here from a meter away And here from a meter away the door is closed, no more people talking loud, and through the little window I peek in, a man with glasses hanging slightly beneath his eyes, standing straight in front the class with hands on his back. .

With my hesitating hand, I took a deep breath and knocked the door. No later respond. But I know, behind this plank of wood, all eyes inside are watching through exactly where the noises came from. Me.

Another deep breath and I brace myself to push the door. Every step matched the rhythm with my anxious heart beat. The first thing I saw once I got inside was all of my friend’s needle eyes. They know I’m ed up. I mean. Seriously. This guy on the front, Mr Ahn, is the most feared teacher in the school. Forgot to mention, he’s the most discipline teacher among all. And I’m late.

He stares me there and somewhere I got the feeling that I shouldn’t talk nor move.

“Stay there ‘till the last of my session” He glares.

“Y-yes, Sir”

. Well. It’s better this way than to be kicked out in the to the library for the entire day. For late brats like me, they agreed to put us into library as they call it ‘punishments’. You’re free with your phone, they even give you free wifi, no task, just sitting alone with nothing to do. You could meet your school soul mate that always late like you if you’re lucky.

Yes, it’s actually sounds like it’s heaven being late. But no it’s not. Once you’re late when you have a test that day, there will be no mercy for you. You late for a day, you’ll miss the whole session. Your attendance on class in each teacher counts on your report.

My hand reaches for the door to close it, since I left it open behind me, but someone is holding it from the other side. When I let go, the door is open and there'sa girl I’ve never seen before in this school. She seems surprised to see me while I’m confused, why is she here? Who is she? What is she doing in here? I glance at Mr Ahn and he’s walking on the way to us.

“New kid right? Come in and introduce yourself. We don’t have much time, after that we’ll go on and starts the class,” he said, turning back to sit on his chair.

Pfftt, hard one. He doesn’t even care about nothing but everything that disturb his teaching. He is quite annoyed I’d say. Poor newbie girl, you gotta be tough or you’ll be crushed to death mentally here.

She nods and then walk pass in front of me, but her eyes were starring at me with a confused look. Like she’s asking, ‘what are you doing here?’ well excuse me, madam, what are you doing in here?

Her hands fixed her hair on her shoulder, and looking at the people intensly at every eyes in the classroom. Even though her eyes are a bit Asian look like, they’re still dazzling.

What? wait a minute.

“Nice to meet you all, my name is Tiffany Hwang. I moved to the USA from Korea two months ago, but I’m actually an American citizen ever since I was born and by the age of fourteen I had to move out to Korea. That’s all I have to say and thank you very much” and then she bows.

Is that some of the Korean culture? Interesting. Anyway, I don't even know what kind of devil possessed me that made me snorts after that, I actually laughed a little, but it was so quiet here in the class so everyone heard me.

And now, Mr Ahn glares at me again, dammit! I mean guys, didn’t you see how she introduced herself? She’s such a gangster! She literally rolled her eyes after she stood back up. I feel you, newbie. I know you already hate this stupid class.

“Okay Tiffany, you can sit wherever you want” Mr Ahn said, didn’t even paying attention at her.

She’s again, nod and then looking for the empty seats. Dang it, I’m doomed. She’s heading to my seat! Okay, so then where should I sit? I already mouth signalling Sunny, but Tiffany already found her comfy in my seats. Sunny on the other hand, shrug and signalled me back, ‘sorry dude’

“Attention! Same goes for you Tiffany,” Mr Ahn suddenly spoke, surprising me. “Do you see her over there? You could guess what caused her to stand over there. All of you too. If you make the same mistake as she did, I don’t hesitate to teach you some lessons”

And by ‘her’, it's me. Of course, Mr Ahn is talking about me. I bite my lip. This is embarrassing. Tiffany, on the other hand, seems interested. I could see her eyebrows are rising up, and me and her, are starring each other. Yes, nice to see you too.

“Now get out of my class”

What.

“...Pardon?”

“Get out of my class!’

“B-but sir, I was late because-“

“I don’t care. Rules are rules. Get out, or I make you”

I sigh. Damn, losing even one day without his class could make me stumble and miss a lot of materials. But, if I insist to stay here, Mr Ahn would kick me out every of his classes. So I got out of the classroom. This is the first time I'm late on his subject, though.

My feet started to move. As much as I feel disappointed with myself, I still can't go back. Let's just hope Hyoyeon and Sunny would understand the material and soon teach me about it. I shot a glance at Hyoyeon, she smiles and understands what I ment. She’s a nice friend, but a bit silly and ridicilous. I thanked her for that. But a view of Tiffany raising her hands on the air suddenly caught my eye.

“Sir, can I go to Taeyeon for a second?”

Huh? How did she-

“Yes, what about?”

“She left something”

Mr Ahn throws a single nod and the Tiffany rushed to me and we both got out of the class, then she closed the door behind us. I was still confused about how she knows my name, we didn't even meet before nor say hi. She holds something in her hands, but I wasn’t paying attention to it. I was paying attention to my own thoughts, ‘do I know this girl?’

“You remember me?” she ask.

Nope.

“.. who?”

“I was there at the lobby, and then you ran out of nowhere and we crashed?”

“Oh! That was you? I’m so sorry about that, are you okay?”

She blinks a couple of times for a second, “... err, I’m alright. Anyway, our books fell, right? You took the wrong book. Here’s yours,” she lend me a blue notebook.

My brain was processing this conversation and when I looked at it, I soon realized that it's mine and the book I was holding is pink! That's hers. It has her name on it. T-I-F-F-A-N-Y. And that's why she knows my name, it's written TAEYEON on my book too.

“Oh sorry, here” we switch our notebooks and soon the awkward atmosphere blows on us. I swear to god, I'm the worst of this kind of stare.

“I was surprised that we both are in the same class. Where are you going right now?”

“Library. That’s where every late person goes to everyday.”

“Oh. How long would you stay in the library?”

“Entire day, I think”

Her eyes widen, “Entire day?!”

I nod.“Yup, make sure you won't be like me or else you’ll miss the class”

“Wow, I knew it. Moving here was a mistake,” her face palmed herself, with a smirk in between. “Don't get offended”

I chuckled, “That's what I think when I first got in here”

She stares at me, a smile formed on her lips. Damn. Do you know that you're beautiful?

“You did? That’s ed up”

“I know,” I shrug off. “Anyway, you gotta go. The class will start soon. I have to go to the library too”

“Right, I forgot, ” she throws her right hand hanging in the air, somehow a little hesitant. But we haven't really known each other, so it's normal. Self introducing could be hard sometimes.“Nice to talk to you”

I returned the handshakes. “Nice to talk to you too”

“Well, good luck at the library, ” she left a single smile before she disappears behind the door. And to be honest, that made me feel good. I like what happened earlier, all of them. Can't help smiling all the way to the library, because I feel strangely happy and I don't know why.