Ch. 2

Appearance

“No you’re not”

“I’m serious!”

“What. You’re going to see her? are you crazy?

“I don’t see how that’s crazy”

“Tiff, there’s no point okay. She’s a celebrity. Super busy woman!”

“I’m aware of that, ” I shrug.

“Okay, sure. Then what would she think of you when you guys meet?”

Well, that shot me off guard. “That's what I’m worrying about”

“So don't worry about it. Don’t go to Korea. Jeez- that’s like the stupidest idea ever”

“What if she forgot about it? She’s grown up, maybe she moved on?” honestly, I doubt it.

Sunny left out a sigh, “No. I guess not. She is sure nice and all but, if she got hurt she will remember what caused them forever. She has her own limit”

“I broke through, I know. I just-”

“And that’s why, the idea of you wanting to see her... is just going to make everything worse. If she sees you, there won’t be any flashback but the memories about you fighting with her. I think it’s best for you to let it go. You said maybe she moved on. Well, if she did, now it’s your turn”

Sunny is right. There’s too many risks. First, I need to go to Korea and leave my studies. I don’t even know how long I’d stay there. Then, finding her would be such a pain in the . Even if I did, will she have the time to see me? And, will it be worth it? If it is, what should I do next?

“What would Nickhun think about this idea anyway?”

I rolled my eyes, “He’s definitely gonna say no”

“See?” she reached her hand to get the soda on the table in fronof us as my eyes followed her hand but my mind goes somewhere else. What if... Taeyeon thinks the same way as I am?

“Hey... maybe-“

“My God. There’s toomuchhope running across your head. Stop it”

“But Taeyeon is not a hatred person! I could still have a chance!”

“I told you. It won't work out!”

“Sunny, please, I’m trying to be positive here”

“I’m not being the negative one. I’m being realistic”

“But you’re like slapping the reality on my face!”

“If that’s what it takes to make you realize it won’t work I could slap you MILLION TIMES!!!!”

 

 

 

Jeez. Crazy .

 

 

“Whatever. You’ll never even know if you never even try. I’m still going to Korea”

She sips her cola, burp at the end. “Whatever,”

I smirk. Sunny knows since we were a junior high school student that I never joke with my words and she gets tired at me for one thing : I’m freaking stubborn. About this plan, Sunny wasn’t the only one who thinks that this plan won’t work, well, actually I do too. Slightly different, because I know, I have hope so it might work.

I was somehow fired up I rush myself to stand up from the sofa and ready to pack up my things on Sunny’s bed. As soon as I got out of her bedroom, the TV was already on and it shows the channel we watched recently. The interview was over, but all I could hear is a voice of a woman singing.

My heart skips a beat. That’s the girl I saw before. Exactly the same, with such a beautiful voice. So, this is the song she was talking about, Gemini. But it’s on Korean, I don’t understand anything at all.

“She changed a lot. She improved so much”

I agree. She did. “Sunny, remember when we were still at senior high school there was a singing test with Mr. Anderson? When it was Taeyeon’s turn, he said she can’t sing? I wonder where he is now I wanna kick his and make him watch this”

“Dang. That stupid . How could I forget that? Taeyeon went mad at him for weeks!”

“I know right? Okay, gotta go. See you later, Sunshine” I wave.

“What, you’re leaving?”

“Obviously..? I need to make my plan to Korea fixed. I'll be back”

She rolled her eyes, “Okay bye. I hope you’re joking”

“I’ll be leaving to Korea soon. Take care of your homework yourself. Bye”

“Jeez- thanks. Why do you have to remind me that”

I laughed on the way to the front door , didn’t forget to wear my thick brown jacket because the brownish leaves are falling down from the trees now- It's fall season here in New York, Taeyeon loves it when autumn came. It's her favourite.

“Sunny, you sure don’t want to join me to Korea?”

She shook her head, still watching the TV. “Nah, I gotta study for my test next week”

Hm. Since when you study for tests? That makes me raise my eyebrow ,“Oh okay. Goodbye, then”

“Tiff, wait”

My hands were about to touch the door handle. When i looked back, Sunny seems like she was thinking about something for a second until she found the words she want to say to me.

“Sorry I I can't come with you. Good luck finding Taeyeon”

Hearing that my lips turn into a smile. She maybe thinks that this is stupid, but she still gives her support. I closed the door behind me and the soft cold wind blows brushing againts my cheeks. Remembering something my hands dive in to find my phone in my deep pockets. I texted sunny, with a smirk.

‘I’ll let Taeyeon know you missed her when I found her’

 

 

 

Sent.