Remember me [5]

Appearance

“You’re so strange today”

I looked up finishing my breakfast, “Why?”

“First of all, you woke up early this morning. Second, you look like you’re the happiest and healthiest person I’ve ever known” He said, while counting with his fingers, “What hit your head?”

Well, aside that I am going to sit next to Tiffany for the rest of my day as the first grader of a senior high schoolers starting today, I don’t see why I should be stressed for now.

“Nothing”

“Nothing?”

“Yep”

“Okay, then” He walks away.

My eyes are rather being busy looking at these delicious chicken nuggets than to see where he’s going instead, so I keep eating until I’m done. Just in time where Haesung come back wearing his jeans and his favourite Metalica black T-shirt, not with his short basketball pants he used earlier as last night pajamas. Where is he going?

“Have you finished?”

“Yeah. Just about to hit the road” I put the empty plate on the sink before I grab my bag and head out. I’m sure the car keys are still on the table, but 10 minutes searching passed and I only found nothing. I peek on the window and Jeongmin is nowhere to be seen.

“Haesung have you seen the car keys? Where is it”

“Oh, it’s right here,” he pats his bum, “I’ll drive you to school for a week. The campus gave us days off”

I don’t know how his campus works, but for me, it’s a good thing to hear.

“Seriously? For a week?”

He nods, “Now come on. If you’re done, then lets get going”

[]

I let out a relief when I see the clock. I’m not late! , I feel so satisfied.

Usually, I ran across the hallway every morning, but today, I calmly walk passes every class at the corridor without the sound of that annoying bell ringing. Soon I finally arrive to my class and Tiffany is already there, smiling as soon as she saw me standing still in front of the door.

“Here. Sit here,” she points to the chair.

I was hesitating for a moment until I saw Henry, talking to another guy. I called him out, just to make sure he knows about this.

“Henry. You at the back?”

“What? Oh, yeah. Just sit right there, Kim” I gave him a thumb up as a thank you but he called me not long after that.

“Hey, Kim”

“Yeah?”

“You should’ve told me before if you have blurred eyesight. I don’t mind to switch with you from the beginning” He’s talking a bit shy. Cute. Is it that hard for boys to admit something?

“Thanks,” I said back, placing myself as comfy as possible. No need to be worried again!

Oh. I forgot.

“Tiff, thank you so much”

I didn’t realize she was paying attention on me all this time because when I suddenly called her, she looked startled and then blinking a couple of times.

“No problem”

And days pass, weeks, and months, I got what I needed, thanks to her.

[]

“That’s it for today”

I furrowed my eyebrows.

I didn’t oversleep or anything during the lecture, instead I was writing all the important points that Mrs. Rosemary gave us until she ended it suddenly by closing her thick biology book. Seconds ago, the class was quiet as night as some of us were sleeping during the session, but then there’s this loud ‘BAM’ sound echoing from wall to wall she created, causing us to swiftly sit straight right away.

I even almost drop my pen. The tense atmosphere she’s making doesn’t look good at all, it gives me a mini heart attack. I believe that it’s too soon to end the session so I looked at the clock on the wall, and I’m right. She must be telling us some announcement or something. Judging by those stack of papers with red marks on it.

“I have seen the result of your last week exam and I put up a conclusion that some of you did not take this seriously. Those whom their name being called, please step forward. No discussions afterwards”

Oh boy.

“Kim Taeyeon”

. I’m first. Is she calling our names in order of our scores from the lowest to highest? Does that mean that I got the least out of everybody?

The whole class are murmuring, but I couldn’t care less. The test was super hard. Those people behind me, they are smart. Whoever got in into this school, are smart people. But not me. If they think it was a hard test, then, it’s a lot harder for me.

I’m just an average girl. I don’t have to admit it.

Mrs. Rosemary handed me the paper, but when I was about to take it, she holds it back in.

“Listen,”

I gulp.

“You have to consider which school you want to go next. Of course you want to go to a good university who wouldn’t. You are a smart student, Kim. But if you don’t achieve a higher score than this in the very next time, you forget it’s already your last day here on senior year and there’s no more opportunity for you to fix your grades. Understood?”

“Y-yes”

“Good. You may go”

The way Mrs. Rosemary said it’s obvious that I need to fix how I study. But, how?

I still didn’t dare to open it, I know it’s an embarrassment. I’m too scared if people walking by beside me could see how much I got. Jeez, I hate getting bad grades. How am I going to reach my dreams if the best effort I’ve done only came with a bad result?

Tiffany came up when her name being called, the only thing that catches my attention between those noises others made. She came back to her seat, almost with no anxious expression, but a slight pout. I want to know what she got after her first exam in this school, but then she asks me first.

“What do you got?” she asked.

I shook my head, “Haven’t seen it yet. You?”

“B plus”

“Wow. Congratulations,”

I didn’t say much, just a few tiny claps and then I return to face the front.

I hate the fact that I always get lower than my friends, it’s like no matter what I do, I can’t surpass them. I feel like everything I do wasn’t enough. It makes me feel worthless.

“Right. Attention. Now, I’m going to divide you into groups. Each group will hold a presentation in front of the class moving on to the next chapter next week”

“Nooo...”

Of course. Who would want a group presentation with short time to prepare, really. For a week? Is she aware that we as student also have other teacher’s homework to do?

“Let’s see... where’s the absent list?”

I bit my lip.

She took the absent book looking at it closely and every second I pray to god that I won’t be in the same group with Jessica, Vernoun, and Mark. Those three, are the most laziest in the class. If she put me with them, I might sell my soul to satan to reverse time.

“Taeyeon?”

! why always me?

“Here...”

 

Please please please. God, don’t put me with those three...

 

“Okay, you’ll be with Jessica, Vernoun, and Mark”

 

What the ?

Dear God. Is this one of your test for me to regain my faith in you?

 

“Oh, one group contains 5 students maximum so Tiffany, will be in your group too, Taeyeon”

 

Oh.

I’m sorry to ever doubt Your judgement. I will never do it again for the rest of my life.

As Mrs. Rosemary continuously calls out our names, I keep zoning out. Even the floor are much more interesting thing to watch when your head is a mess. Being with Tiffany is good, great even! But the rest... make me want to sigh really hard.

I know for sure that they won’t contribute, by past experience I know. The last time I was with one of them, Jessica Jung, was ridiculously horrible! She doesn’t do anything! And if you complain, then you’re actually digging your own grave. Seriously, her glare could kill!

I’m upset with the group, I tried to conceal it, but it’s obvious. If Tiffany could know how they’re such a lazy I’m sure she’d roll her eyes as hard as I did a moment ago. It was so hard she saw me and then I felt a pat on my right arm.

“What’s with the rolling eyes?” she whispered while holding her laughter.

I just shook my head and show her how pissed I am, “You just don’t know,” I smirk.

“I just thought you didn’t want to be in the same group with me,” she crossed her arms, staring at me with the most alluring eyes I’ve ever seen in my life. Damn it. .

“Don’t be silly. It’s not you,” I said, throwing my hand in the air.

At least, things couldn’t be worse than that. Looking at Tiffany pays attention to the teacher really well today, I’m sure I’m not gonna work on this presentation on my own. She would help, if others won’t.

[]

The bell goes wild when the clock hits the PM. I was somehow getting bombarded with these anxious attacks until I remember that Haesung will come pick me up after school for a week. It was a relief that Haesung is outside waiting for me.

I started to pack my stuffs, but being the last one leaving the class, for these past days, I’m not alone. Sunny and Hyoyeon went out before me while Yuri follows from behind. And again, when I thought I’m alone, those dark brown eyes are on me, just like the days before.

I glance at my back, “You like to go out after others, huh?” she seems to be out of this world, so I tried to call her again, “Tiffany”

“Hm? Oh, I’m fine”

Pft. What was she thinking by now? That’s really cute though.

I chuckled, “Oh? Okay, good to know” I can’t even hide the grin.

She jerked, “I-I mean, I’m fine being the last one out, cause, you know. I don’t like crowds outside”

“Okay, okay. I get it”

I don’t know why I like this situation. I feel like it’s safe to talk to her when there’s no people around but two of us, it strangely feels warm. It’s like we were close from the beginning, which I know, we‘re just strangers. Is it.... sad?

“Come on. Let’s go home”

I walk to the door and wait for her to stand up and follow me from behind. When she got out I closed the classroom door and we walked side by side. We were acting casual full of silence, not much to talk about. Except me, trying to find some decent topic but I don’t know what’s running through her mind. Is she comfortable with the quiet?

The next second surprise me as much. She took my breath away by slipping her hands on my arm with no intention of letting go. It stays there, but she still doesn’t speak a word. It’s starting to make me breath heavier because it feels so weird and nice at the same time. I just hope she doesn’t hear my weak heart working out.

“This feels nice, don’t you think?”

I was doing fine until you touch my arm and it sure feels nice but I can’t calm!

“Hmm. It does” The way I answered was obvious for her to know that I’m still shocked for what happened earlier. She looked at me with that eyesmile but I quickly looked away, afraid that she could see my face burning hot like a tomato. I was ambiguous and to clear the fact that I’m not, I add, “The weather, I mean”

She smirks, “But it’s raining”

Oh.

How come.

. I need a quick excuse. Come on, Taeyeon, think! Don’t let her know you’re nervous!

“I... like rain”

“You do?” I nod. I’m not even lying. I do like rain.

“Interesting”

I can’t breathe!

“You know, we should know each other more”

What the-

“We don’t talk much. I don’t know what you think, but it’s kinda different when I’m talking to you”

“Different?”

“Well, I just think that you talk in a different way when there’s people around and when they’re not”

I bit my lip. So she noticed.

Is this what people called, ‘frustration’ ? She is suffocating me in every way.

I cough, at least tried to look like I am, “I don’t feel any difference though...”

She stares at me for a moment, then slowly turns away. Before she did, I turned stiff like rock,tried so hard playing cool staring at the front, but she just didn’t notice my legs were like trembling noodles. And then the second she looked away, I wanted to breath out, but then between the noises of the rain drop hit the ground, I caught her letting out a heavy breath. She sighed.

“I feel like you’re always trying to avoid me, I just don’t know why”

I almost couldn’t hear that. But then I did, hear her whispering, and I guess I ruined the mood. There’s no more signs of her smiling and now what’s left is just awkward silence. If only you could know, I’m wondering the same question as you.

The rest of the road looks as grey as the sky. We’re alone. Just two girls holding hands. It’s sounds so weird in my ears, but that’s exactly what we’re doing.

Tiffany still doesn’t talk. I missed her giggling already. But whatever. It’s better like this than her knowing what I’m hiding. If it happens, I don’t have to waste my energy to say I’m sorry for being me; she won’t listen. So yeah. I guess it’s better this way.

We’ve reached the lobby, but none of us are stupid enough to open the door. Of course, we’re not dumb. We don’t want to get wet standing shivering in the cold. Instead, we stay inside, protected, and again, in silence. Minutes passed and suddenly my phone rang. I pick it up, just like I thought, it’s Haesung calling.

“Hello?”

“Taeng, where are you? Is Tiffany there with you?”

I glance to my left side, to the girl who’s holding my hand. “I’m in the lobby. She’s with me” she suddenly stares at me, did I say something wrong?

“Alright. I’m gonna get inside to get you. Tell her that her mom is waiting outside. She didn’t bring any umbrella so I’m taking you both one by one. I asked her mom about this so you two just wait, okay?”

“Sure. Thanks, Haesung”

“No prob”

I put my phone back in my pocket, while she’s not looking anywhere else but me. I couldn’t dare to look into those dark eyes so I look away.

“Your mom is here. She didn’t bring an umbrella so my brother is on the way to take both of us”

No respond. She doesn’t have to.

I took a step back so I could lean on the wall while waiting for my brother to arrive, but it’s a little bit difficult since my arms is being held by Tiffany. I wonder why she hasn’t let it go yet. And then I notice she follows what I’m doing, but slightly different. She moves her way closer to me until our shoulders brushing each other. I panicked. It’s too close. We’re too close.

The lobby door suddenly open and in a second Tiffany pulled her arms away, making me questioning about herself. And before I could ask if everything alright, Haesung appeared.

“Hey guys. Sorry for waiting. Whose gonna go out first?”

“Ti-“

“No. Taeyeon, you go ahead”

Huh?

“You serious?”

“Yeah, it’s fine”

Haesung shrugs, “If that’s what you want. Wait for me, okay?”

I rolled my eyes. The view of Haesung flirting with Tiffany makes me sick. Especially after he blinked his right eye, though, what the hell? And worse, what hit me the most was Tiffany returned it with a sweet smile.

Haesung gestures me a signal to come after him. When I reach the door, I took a peek to see her. Our eyes met and I wanted to walk right away. But then something from her catches my eyes. She waves her hand a little with a tiny smile formed on her lips. I can’t see her figure after that as I focused on running through the heavy rain with Haesung.

He doesn’t have to tell me I need to hurriedly get into the car because one, he’s standing outside wet and two, I don’t want Tiffany to be at the lobby by herself for too long. He rushes back running to get her. Which I thought it would be around a minute until he’s back with Tiffany next to him.

I look at the digital clock and the increasing numbers are starting to make me suspicious. Even the tip of their nose couldn’t be seen from here. The car next to me which Tiffany’s mom is in it, doesn’t seem to mind about it.

Or maybe I’m too paranoid. It’s been five minutes. Of course. Five minutes isn’t so long.

Maybe they’re just talking about something. There’s must be something to talk about. Without me. Privately. Why the hell are they taking so long?

Damn it. I’m texting Haesung.

‘Hey, you dumb. What are you two doing?’ sent.

. No respond.

But then I notice something. The door moves and Haesung got out first and then later, Tiffany follows behind him. I stretch my back so I could look closely. Thank God, Haesung didn’t park the car too far, if he did, I can’t see what they’re doing and I didn’t bring my glasses today. I blink a few times, and my cheeks get hot. He prepared the umbrella while talking about something and she laughed at it.

I sigh.

Please, not her. Not Tiffany.

I kept staring at them giggling to each other. Until they’re close to the car and I pretend to play games on my phone. He took her to her car, gave a polite bow to Tiffany’s mom and at the edge of my eye, I could see Tiffany smiling to him. Her smile disappeared when her eyes met mine. It really hurts to see that. So I look away.

Haesung finally done with all the flirts he’s doing. What annoys me much is that grin on his face. I’m not going to ask him what happened. Whatever it is, I don’t care.

[]

I look at the back to where Jessica at. It’s a lucky day for me because I don’t have to wake her up since she usually sleeps during recess which is now. She turns into satan when people wake her up. So, not going to miss this chance, I got up from my seat and head to where she’s at.

“Jess, can I talk to you for a sec?”

She hummed, “About?”

“It’s about the group presentation. We should divide the task for each one of the group”

“...The one that Mrs. Rosemary told us yesterday?”

“Yup”

“Oh my, Kim,” She put her phone down and put the most sassiest face I’ve ever seen, “Look. If you want to be a nerd, that’s fine. Just don’t put me up together with you okay? Nobody hasn’t started yet. We still have 6 days or something too, so like, just chill”

I’m so pissed. I don’t know why she added a smile at the end because for me it doesn’t work to redeem the out of me. I’m literally trying to cooperate this damn group, but what I get was an insult and I find that really offensive.

“Okay. First of all, , what the heck is wrong with you”

“Wha-”

Listen you . I’m not done talking. If you don’t want to help me with this damn group task that’s fine, it’s not like it’ll be much different. But if you say that word again to my face I’ll ing dig my nails to your throat. Get that?”

I don’t remember since when the class got so quiet. But all of my attention is still on her face, looking at me in disbelief. Everybody seems to drop their jaws but not her. Not this satan. But not for long, she let her arms fall from her side as she stands up and reminded me that she’s a lot taller than me so I have to look up to see those fire eyeballs.

She doesn’t do dramas in school, neither do I. But today, she challenged me which one of us should be the Drama Queen. The rest are just watching the show. None of them ‘oooed’. None of them shouted out loud. No one dares to do that. Jessica’s fury is no joke.

“You-“

“Urm...guys, is everything’s alright...?”

Suddenly a familiar voice came to interrupt. I don’t have to glance at my back to see who it was. It’s Tiffany. From her husky raspy voice I knew it’s her.

“You think?!” I glared. Soon catches up a little guilt within me when I saw her blinks her eye in surprise.

The next thing surprised me. The view at the edge of my eye when I glared at Tiffany turns my head to face the other girl. She crosses her arms on her chest and casually sits back to her chair as if nothing happened with extra packet, she put her foot up to the desk. I’m confused as much as Tiffany, like a thought just came into our mind, ‘what the hell is she doing?’

“Oh. Everything’s alright. We just had a little argument”

What?

“Well, that doesn’t sound exactly what happened, Jessi”

“Right. Let me tell you what happened. Kim came to me and said she wanted to divide the group task, but I called her ‘nerd’ and asked her to chill because she was worried about the task too much. And then wala- she got angry all of a sudden”

It sounds strangely simple when she told Tiffany the chronology. But in my perspective, it’s a whole completely different story.

“Is that true?” Tiffany asked me. Her eyes met mine and I couldn’t say anything.

“It is,” Jessica said, “Tell me what you think about it”

The heat on my cheeks slowly rising, and I look into Tiffany’s eyes with full of hope. What does she think about what happened earlier?

“Well...” Tiffany glanced at Jessica, whose waiting for her response, but then turned her way into my direction “I think she’s right, Taeyeon”

“What?”

She gulped, “You need to chill for a moment. No need to rush about this, you know? I don’t know why you’re like this, but I guess you’re just tired”

Oh. Okay. Sure.

She’s right. Maybe I am tired.

No intention to argue back. I already feel stupid enough.

“... Taeyeon? you okay?”

I shook my head, waving my hands on the air while walking back to my seat, “No, no. I’m fine. You’re right. I need to chill”

Yes of course. Maybe I’ve crossed the line. I’m just overreacting.

Deffinitely need to chill.

[]

It’s been two days and I remember : we haven’t started the task yet. But, whatever. Tiffany said I should chill for a moment. And to make sure, I check my phone, yet nobody from my group are discussing about it.

The dark sky is crying, perfect time for me to laze around on my bed and busy with my phone. The door is not closed; I’m too lazy to close it, then someone knocked their knuckles on it. Haesung’s standing in front of my room, dress all fine, and I guess he’d spend this nightime dating.

“I’m going out. Maybe tomorrow too. Do you need anything?”

“Nope, I’m good,”I said, “Have fun”

It happens the next day too, just like he said, same thing every night for a week, he drives at night God knows where he’s gone to. I wonder who the girl this time.

[]

Come on.. I read this one last night, how could I forget it?

In the past thirty minutes I’ve got three question out of ten left to fill until Mrs. Maheshwarren, the history teacher, walk towards our desk and pull our essay with no mercy. I glance to the front before I look at the clock, and it just made my anxiety gone a lot worse. Maybe without these tricks I have with my pen called ‘pen spinning’ I couldn’t relieve the stress.

“Time’s up!”She said.

She doesn’t tolerate at time, none of this school’s teachers does. So we push our chair back and walk to hand her the essays. After that, she made a few minutes for us to read about the next chapter while she check those papers with red pen. I did it anyway, for a couple of minutes before I finally got bored as all of us too. I play some tricks again with my pen, and somehow Tiffany noticed.

Her eyes seemed to stare at her book, but now they’re studying at my moving hand. As if I got the invisible preassure she gave me and so I look back to my right, to see her resting her head on top of the desk while her hands play the role as a pillow. Her eyes are really beautiful, but it hides something deep down, I could see it. I kept looking for clues while her gaze was still on my hand, I didn’t realize, I was lost in it. She put me back down back to earth when she moved her eyes directly into mine.

I don’t understand why she has to look at me like that. Like she knows about something that she doesn’t want me to know. While she does that, she form a tiny smile with her lips, making me more confused than before. Those questions that pop in my head are starving for the answers and I know I don’t have any idea. She only showed her smile for a short period of time, then she turns her head and face her book again with a small sigh. And that moment I know, something is wrong.

We didn’t talk at all after the little fight between me and Jessica. I was disappointed, very. Tiffany put sense in my head, I was just overreacting, and I realize it’s my fault. But then time passed and I started to forget about it, not Jessica though, she keeps eyeing at me for some reason sometimes; whatever, I don’t care, it’s stupid. And I thought it was over and nothing more to talk about. I’ve decided that I’ll work on the presentation myself and that’s okay.

What’s bothering me is that she acts weird ever since that day. It’s like she turned a little bit quiet and cold. I feel guilt suddenly rushed in me, because the more I think about this, the more I feel like it’s my fault she’s acting this way. Maybe she’s mad at me. I should apologize soon, for the fight.

The elderly woman, turns out, have finally done sooner than we thought. She called our names and I didn’t have to wait any longer. When she handed me the paper, she doesn’t even look at the person who receive it. Just by calling our names is enough. And I think I’m the only one who doesn’t look up to see the score. Instead, I flip the paper into two sides so I don’t have to see what’s in it. I already know by guessing it.

[]

It’s recess time.

Those damn quiz got my head spinning, probably, taking a nap could be an option. It’s not, when suddenly there’s a loud footsteps like someone is running recklessly near you. I tried to make my eyes stay closed, but then I realized, it’s coming towards me.

“TAEYEON! WAKE UP!”

I groaned, “Ugh, what the hell do you want?” Sunny seems so excited, but I care more about sleeping.

“I got good news! Seriously!”

“...Tell me about it”

“No. You have to see it. Look!”

I was expecting something big when I woke up, but no. It’s something much better. She shows me her phone and it plays a video. My eyes widen.

“Oh my god. You’re ing kidding me. Season two Attack on Giants?!” I tried to grab the phone, but I’m too late, she dodged it, “It’s been nearly two years!”

“I know right!” Sunny put her her phone in her pocket and I don’t understand why she did that. If I know episode one has been released on YouTube, I’d watch it right away.

“What are you doing? Come on, let’s watch it together!”

She shook her head, “Not here. It’s too crowded. What about my place?”

I nod, “That sounds good”

I forgot to ask Sunny what day, before I did, her smile disappears when she saw something on my back. I turn myself. Jessica’s there, throwing her cold glance at me, then to Sunny.

“Hey guys, what’s up” I don’t know why she tried to act friendly, but I guess it’s not working,“What are you guys talking about?”

‘Things you won’t be interested in?’ I thought to myself.

“Oh, just some stuffs. You want to tell us something?” Sunny rest herself on her right legs, I don’t know what she thinks of Jessica. But one thing I know she saw me ‘debating’ with her days ago and she doesn’t look happy about it.

“Yeah, actually. I need to talk to Taeyeon about something, if you don’t mind” Jessica brushes her hand against her hair that covers her face to the side. I couldn’t stand to see the arrogant look on her eyes so I had to look away and throw my rolling eyes at something.

Sunny nods, “Sure thing,” she slaps my arms, “Talk to you later”

When Sunny walks away, I took a deep breath. At the corner of my eyes Jessica pulls out a chair that I know it belongs to Tiffany, and then sits on it. Mrs. Maheshwarren walked out of the class like three minutes ago and then Sunny came to me and we talk about stuffs. I didn’t realize Tiffany was gone up until now.

Jessica, on the other hand, came here to say something, but after she sat on Tiffany’s chair she doesn’t talk a single word, and she just breath peacefully there. Her eyes are empty with eyebrows rise up as she’s looking at nothing for a moment. I waited.

“I’ve talked to Mark and Vernoun about it. They say they could do it any time,” That’s the only thing that came out of after half a minute I waited. I snort.

“And here you asked me to chill. Now you want me to work just because you said so?”

I didn’t regret anything. Even when her eyes are back with fury, similar like she did to me before, I’m not startled. It’s interesting how she could burst verbal attack on everyone including me, but now something holds her back. In a matter of fact, we both are restraining ourselves from getting mad on our own certain reason.

“Listen,” she said, dropping her eye first, “I didn’t come here to fight you even though I’d love to”

I raised my eyebrow. That’s a quick, honest response.

“I know you’re still mad at me, but if we keep fighting, we will never get this task done-”

“Yeah, but I was the first person in the group that actually cares about all of your grades. I was the first one who wanted this task to be done. And what, you called me a nerd. How could you possibly think that it doesn’t hurt at all to hear that?”

She sighs, “That’s why I’m here. I’m sorry”

I didn’t expect her to apologize, but it seems she’s not done yet, “I understand if you’re angry at me for calling you ‘nerd’, I’d do the same if someone call me that. You can still be mad at me but don’t ever think that I came here to apologize just to get it over with so we can start doing the work already. I really am, sorry”

She took a deep breath, “We’re a team on this one. You and me, and the rest. And If I act like an when we were grouped before, then I’m sorry those too”

The way Jessica stressed her tone voice when she said that we are in the same team, gives a lot more conclusion in my head than she said by only one sentence. I just realized: if she doesn’t really sincere with what she was saying this whole time, then she wouldn’t waste time asking for an apologize. She could start asking the group to do each job without even telling me.

But as she said earlier that we are a team. Which means she doesn’t want me to be retarded. Seriously, Jessica is not as cold as I think, I judge people too soon.

“I’m sorry too. I guess I was sensitive at the moment. You were right, actually. I needed to chill”

She nods, “Maybe,” My chest feels a lot more easier, and I bet she’s too.

“Is that all you wanted to tell me?” we’re good now, but that doesn’t mean there’s no more sassy Jessica after this. I don’t mind, that’s really what she is, who can I blame on where she just want to be herself? No one and no need.

She hums, “I guess. So are you free tomorrow? We could have a group talk, that would be good”

“Tomorrow it is, then”

“Okay, good” another hair brushing, “Like I said before, Mark and Vernoun are free too, tomorrow. But I haven’t seen Tiffany though. Where is she? Isn’t she sits next to you?”

That’s right. She was there the whole time but in a minute she’s gone, “I don’t know where she is,” I look around, can’t find her in the class either, “Maybe she walked outside?”

“Well, I’m gonna go back to my seat, then. If you see her, ask her about it. See you later, Kim”

I nod, but I forgot something, “Jessica”

She turn around and I said, “Thank you” after giving me a tiny smile, she walked away

I never thought before that the talk would be smooth like this. Too smooth, actually. But whatever, I guess it ends now.

While Jessica walked back to where she was, and recess time is finally going to be over soon in a minute, Tiffany walked into the class. She’s hiding herself as if she only allows the ground to see her face. She doesn’t talk at all. If footsteps is a language, then she speaks fast. It’s like she’s not the typical ‘Tiffany’, the happy virus I knew.

“Jessica was looking for you,” I said, hoping that she’ll respond back, “Where were you?”

I’m pretty sure I didn’t say something wrong or else, but the way she got nervous, makes me like I did.

“Never mind” I said. Should I apologize to her now? But looking at the crowds, it’s probably a bad idea. I don’t even know if she’s really mad at me or not. Let’s try again.

“You know, it’s almost a week,” she turned stiff all of a sudden, from head to toe, “We’ve talked about this and-“

I cursed the bell, there’s maybe a technical error with it that it rings too loud only in my classroom while other classes seem fine. Before I continued, the classroom door’s opened and the next lecturer comes in.

“I’ll talk to you later about this,” I said, but when I look at her eyes, it was the coldest and terrifying look I’ve ever seen in my life.

[]