Ch. 1

Appearance

I'm Yu Huiyeol with Taeyeon next to me. You may introduce yourself’

‘Yes, Anyeonghaseo. My name is Kim Taeyeon.’

 

“Dude, she speaks Korean!”

“SSHH! Shut up!” I hissed.

 

‘So tell us what you’ve been doing these days. Your debut album, I, is such a success. You targeted, and it hits its jackpot, right? Its a well beginning of a new coming singer I’d say’

‘Yes, that's right. I'm very thankful for that. The first time I recorded the song, which is ‘Gemini’, I was shaking so much it affected my voice. I waited for a couple of minutes with other staffs that patiently there and supporting me, until I finally calmed down..’

 

Anxiety Disorder.

Taeyeon has anxiety issues, of course she got so nervous.

 

‘...but then I remembered the staffs, they have worked so hard for this so I can’t fail them, I can’t fail anyone. By that second I stood up and then I started singing. It was all because of those people. I wouldn’t able to do that without them’

‘It’s true, even senior singers wouldn’t be able to be the more famous they are now without the support of the staffs’

‘Yes, thats right’

 

She looks really different now. Her hair are not black like it used to be. It's now ash coloured. And she has lost weight so much she looks skinny much more than I remember. She’s wearing some fancy outfits, which fits on her slim body. What did they do on her? My heart began to shrink just to know how much I missed about this woman im watching on TV. How am I kidding, she’s now a singer, a celebrity. My Taeyeon that has been gone for 7 years is now a FREAKING singer.

 

‘Taeyeon- sshi, let's get personal here. One of the fancams that shows your performances, to be honest, gives me shivers the first time I watched it, really! So, some thought came right through my mind. It says, “No. A regular singer won't be able to sing this song so deeply and emotionally.” And by that time, I have this one question which I will always remember to ask you just in case i have the chance to interview you.’

‘Oh? did you say you watched fancams about me? Was it that good?’

‘Y-yes,b-but I'm not even kidding right now! The audience must have felt the same way, right?You all watched the fancams right?’

‘Yeeeess!’

 

Such a tease. She chuckles and covers her face when the people around her cheers. Hyeoyeon was starring at me starring at the screen. It took me for a minute to realize that I actually smiled too along with Taeyeon. So I awkwardly fake a cough and fix my poker face.

 

‘Ah-thank you very much’

‘Anyway, we all are amazed by your debut album, especially the way you sing them. When you sing it, it touches our heart, we don't know how you did it, but you really sing very well. What’s on your mind when you sing it live? Didn’t you get nervous?’

‘Oh, I got really nervous. It was my first time to show myself infront of many people. I'm actually a very shy person.’

‘Seriously? but how did you overcome the feeling?’

‘..I think about someone important to my life’

 

Who?

 

‘Oh is that so?’

‘Yes. I think about someone during the singing’

‘How does it affect your nervousness?’

‘Ah- how should I say it? I regain my confidence when I think about a certain person. I kind of imagine on my head that that person, is in the crowd of the audience and I sing it right through to that person’

‘So that way, you get emotional?’

‘Yes, that's right.’

 

“Damn. Did she fall in love or something?” Sunny interrupted.

Maybe.

 

‘Why does this person really matter to you?’

‘Well, before i was a singer, I was living a hard life. We both dealt with it together. Whenever I got hurt, that person felt the pain I felt. But somehow things changed so I left America and up untill now I'm working in my life here’

‘Did... your relationship ended with a fight?’

‘Apparently, yes’

 

WHO THE HELL IS SHE TALKING ABOUT.

 

‘Ahh~ that's too bad. But honestly I found the good in that. You didn't want to stay being hurt, instead you use your feelings to confess more on the stage as you sing. You show how strong you are.’

‘Hehe. Thank you very much, oppa’

‘Sure, sure. Anyway, what about the fans?’

‘Huh? what about them?’

‘I mean, you said the reason you could sing a song with such an emotion is because a certain person. What about the fans, didn’t you think about them when you sing?’

‘Oh, that. Yu Huiyeol oppa, I'm a rookie. Two days ago was the first time I appear on TV, how could I have fans that fast?’

‘Hahahahaha you have a point’

‘So let this show be the way for people to know me better’

‘Hahaha that's right. I'm sure the numbers of your fans will grow fast’

‘Thank you oppa’

‘Aish you’re being too polite. Taeyeon-ssi, can't you really tell who is this person you’re adore about?’

‘Ah~ you really want to know, don't you~’

‘Yes. I am very interested. Can't you at least tell us what’s this person to you? A friend or relatives...’

‘Well, it seems like being an artist is really hard to keep safe a secret’

‘Ahahaha yes of course’

‘Alright, fine I’ll tell you’

 

WHAT. No no no.

 

‘..This person is-‘ Bzzt.

 

“WHA- TIFFAY WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!”

I threw the remote to my back, “Sunshine, listen. I-“

“ dude, I was just going to hear who is this person Taeyeon was talking about! Why did you turn the goddamn TV off!”

“Sunny, listen to me!”

“WHAT”

“I'm going”

She stopped,

“...what?”

“I am going to Korea”