Of Dates and Trust

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you jealous?"

 

 

Seulgi scoffed and jabbed her pointer to her chest, quirking a brow towards the shorter girl.

 

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

"You wish." 

 

The younger shook her head and snorted while Joohyun frowned and grabbed Seulgi's arm.

 

"Why on earth can't you just accept that you have feelings for me? Why and you avoiding me and your feelings? I don't get it Seulgi." 

 

Seulgi's eyes soften as they looked Joohyun's bunny like orbs. She remained mum while Joohyun was desperately trying to have a eye-contact with her.

 

"Look at me in my eyes, Kang Seulgi."

Joohyun made sure her tone was cold and firm. But the younger didnt even buldge a bit. Frustrated with the lack of response, Joohyun pushed Seulgi's chin up with her free hand and glared daggers at her. 

 

She demanded, "Answer me."

 

At this very moment, Seulgi's orb begin to shake like an earthquake. It was as if she was very scared and afraid of getting hurt. She was confused about her feelings too and she have no single clue what she was going to do about it. The sight of a timid Seulgi made Joohyun just want to protect her even more. 

 

"I...I'm confused Joohyun." Seulgi sighed, looking at Joohyun directly in her eyes and the latter could feel how lost she was.

"I didn't want to love anymore after Naeun left me. I swore that I wouldn't get myself hurt anymore like last time. Not anymore. I hate it when I hurt the people around me because of love. I admit that I'm still trying to move on from Naeun. But then you appeared and make me feel so confused again. You are so absurd and surprising. Kissing me just during our first conversation, chasing after me. Yet at the same time, I felt so loved and protected whenever you kissed me." Seulgi shook her head and pulled her arm back from Joohyun's grip. 

"Remember that night when I kissed you? That was when I almost wanted to let you in."

 

Joohyun blinked, "But why did you said those hurtful words to me back in the car?" 

 

"I wasn't sure if I love you, or am I just loving your actions. I was abandoned since young and have felt no love. I thought that it may because it was the first time i felt someone love me this much that's why I didn't want to let you go. I wanted you to be mine and be there for me every single moment. To remind that I'm still worthy of being alive. I didn't want accept you and hurt you if in the end, that's what I'm feeling about you."

 

Joohyun doesn't know if she should feel happy that Seulgi cared about her feelings or she should feel mad and bad that they were just so close to being official but Seulgi decided not to.

 

"...but then I caught you being so intimate with another guy while a week ago, you were calling me with those sappy endearment." Obviously Seulgi was disappointed when she was being all worried about Joohyun disappearing for a whole week but then only to discover her having a fun night with her boyfriend.

 

Joohyun chunckled and pinched the younger's chubby cheeks, "and who says that she wasnt jealous? That's totally a jealous girlfriend, Kang." 

 

Slapping her hands away, Seulgi rolled her eyes, "Shut it. Just go back to your boyfriend and kiss him all you want for all I care."

 

Joohyun smirked, challenging Seulgi, "Should I really do that? Or do you want me to kiss you instead?" 

 

A flick of amusement flashed through Joohyun's face when she saw how Seulgi went scarlet red because of her last statement. She steps closer to Seulgi, inching her face closer to the younger's and whispered.

 

'l will give you five seconds to reply."

 

"5..." Joohyun stepped a foot back from Seulgi. 

"4...3..." Another two steps.

".....2.."

Joohyun is beginning to regret challenging Seulgi because the latter doesn't seem to mind her going to back to Minho who is probably whinning to her bestfriend to help him ask for forgiveness. 

"...1."

Still no objections from Seulgi. 

 

Joohyun could only clench her fist and try her luck for last time, "Are you sure that you're not going to hold me back?" 

 

Seulgi was still stood rooted to the ground, blankly staring at Joohyun as if she doesn't mean anything to her and it pains the older's heart when she saw that. 

 

"Fine, I will kiss him and marry him instead of you." Groaning, Joohyun turned her heels and took a few steps, wishing that she could hear footsteps from behind and that Seulgi would grab her wrist, pin her against the dirty wall and kiss her roughly with her jealousy.

 

Just like how dramas are filmed. 

 

​​​​​"Of course you should do that. He's your boyfriend." She could hear Seulgi muttering under her breathe as she walked slower than an elderly with walking sticks. 

 

It should be the time Seulgi should follow the main characters move! 

But unfortunately, no.

​​​

Turning her head alittle, Joohyun could only groan in disappointment when she saw that Seulgi was already a few meters away from her. 

 

"Stupid bear!" Joohyun cursed under her breathe as ran towards Seulgi and stopped her. 

 

"What are you doing?" Seulgi questioned though she was glad that Joohyun came back for her abandoned her boyfriend in the club.  

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes, "Why are you so stupid and dense? Minho is not my boyfriend. We aren't together."

 

"He's not? But wh-"

 

"-He likes me. But unfortunately, my heart doesn't have any more space for him." Joohyun says as she pecked on Seulgi's lips, looking at her lovingly, "You took every single part of the space already, baby." 

 

And Seulgi couldn't hide the huge grin that was forming though she tried very hard to. She gave up when Joohyun leaned her forehead against hers and gently captured her lips again into another sweet kiss, this time longer.

"I'm yours, Seulgi. I don't care if you're using me to make yourself feel worthy. Because that's exactly my job as a girlfriend. Feel free to make use for my lips and my heart, because in the end I'm very confident that I will fill the spaces in your heart like what you did to mine." 

 

 

Joohyun loves how their dates were.

Of course everything is initiated by her but she was just glad that Seulgi was willing to compromise and go along with her. Albeit, sometimes her plans never go according to what she wants. 

 

"I told you no expensive resturants, Joohyun." Seulgi chided as she pulled Joohyun away from the five-star buffet resturant before the older could go in. 

"Whyyy?" Joohyun whined as she trying to take her arm back from Seulgi.

"I don't want you to waste so much money." 

"For your information, i'm a director of Korea's biggest animation film company and am Korea's Prime minister only daughter."

Seulgi shrugged as she shoved her hands into her jeans pocket, "So?" 

 

"So?" Joohyun stormed on her foot childishly, "Of course it doesnt matter if i treat you expensive food! I can afford it!" 

 

"I prefer street food, Joohyun."

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and grabbed Joohyun's hand, interlacing their fingers together. It was the first time Seulgi had initiated their hand-holding in their second-week of dating, "One more word about it and we'll go home and stop our date." 

Although Seulgi still sound cold and aloof, her action was enough for Joohyun to forget how Seulgi ruined her plan about wanting to pamper the younger with exorbintant food and romantic dinner. 

 

She was just simply glad they were got for a date.

 

 

 

 

 

"Cuddle me, Seul." 

 

Whenever Seungwan is out with a friend during Friday evenings or some weekends, Joohyun would crash into the bestfriend's apartment with movies and Pringles for Seulgi.

 

It is Joohyun's happiest day whenever Seungwan is not in the apartment. Because it just means that she could cuddle and kiss Seulgi as much as she loves to privately on the couch or at the younger's bed. 

 

"Tch, such a baby." Seulgi shook her head before directing her attention back to the movie which Joohyun knew the younger had been dying to watch for weeks. It was difficult to find since it was a movie back in the 1960s but Joohyun was glad she managed to. Yet, she wasn't glad that the movie was taking all of her lover's attention. 

 

"I went through so much trouble to get you this movie and this is what i get?" Joohyun frowned and took the remote control, pressing the off botton while Seulgi waa horrified by the blank screen infront of her. 

 

"Joohyun!"

 

Seulgi tried to snatch the remote controller back but the old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter