Of Trials and Approval

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SEULGIII~" 

With her arms wide open, Joohyun ran towards her lover who was seen waiting outside of a sushi resturant with another shorter girl. 

Seulgi was smiling widely at the sight of the older girl running into her arms and immdiately welcomed the hug.

 

"I miss you." Joohyun pouted as she tries to tip toe and kiss her younger girlfriend but her lips didn't touched the usual soft strawberry cotton candy lips. Instead, it kissed a soft pale hand. 

 

Joohyun pulled away immediately and saw a frowning black-haired girl whom she assumed to be Yerim.

 

"You're five mintues late." Yerim said sternly, wrapping her hands around her sister's arm, "and who said you could kiss Seulgi unnie infront of me?"

 

"That's two things that I could minus your points off, rich grandma." Yerim rolled her eyes and pulled Seulgi into the restaurant, leaving Grandma Bae chanting comforting words to herself.

 

"Control yourself Bae Joohyun. You can't leash out at her. if not you won't be able to pass her test." She muttered under her breathe, before exhaling three breaths to calm herself down. 

 

"I can do it for Seulgi. "

 

 

"Joohyun, let's go." Seulgi came back for her lover after realising that the older wasn't following them. 

The violet-haired beauty huffed and clinged onto the taller, "Your sister is so mean."

Seulgi giggled and ruffled her hair, "Well, who said she will pass her test and gain her approval no matter what?"

Shrigging her shoulders, Joohyun looked up at Seulgi and smiled, "Right. I'm going to show her that i'm the perfect partner for you." 

 

"No one is going to separate us, right?" Seulgi nodded with a slight blush which was unfortunately caught by Joohyun. She laughs and pinched Seulgi's cheeks lightly, teasing her, "Oh look who's blushing?"

 

Seulgi grew into deeper shade of red upon getting caught red handed. She slapped her lover's hand away, "Stop teasing me, Hyunnie."

 

Joohyun froze up at the nickname while Seulgi didn't even realised the slip of her tongue.

 

"W-What did you just called me?" 

 

"What?" Seulgi questioned, puzzled.

 

The tables has turned, it was now Joohyun with flustered cheeks and her heart tables thumping so wildly at the first nickname Seulgi gave her. 

 

"Y-You just called me Hyunnie." 

 

Seulgi's eyes widen at the realisation and scratched her nape awkwardly, "D-Do you like it?"

 

"I freaking love it, Seul!"

 

Joohyun jumped up and down in excitement. With how bright Joohyun was grinning to herself, it made the younger slightly proud of herself. Her heart felt warm at the sight of a blissful Joohyun. She wants to be the only person have the privilege to witness these precious smiles and be the only reason for them. 

 

"I think i'm really madly in love with you, Joohyun."

Seulgi thought while staring at the breathtaking sight infront of her. She then calm the shorter girl down and pat on her hair gently.

 

 "I've got something important to tell you later."

 

"Can't you say it now?"

 

"Nope."

 

"Why no    "

 

"   YAH ARE YOU BOTH HAVING A DATE OUTSIDE AND GOING TO LEAVE ME TO EAT ALONE IN THE RESTURANT OR WHAT?" Yerim came screaming at them. 

 

"Damn this major -blocker. she's worser than Seungwan oh gosh save me." Joohyun thought to herself as she grumbled incoherent words to herself before letting Seulgi pull her in with a slight pout to join the young Satan on the table. 

 

 

 

 

The two oldest of the table stared in amazement at the plates of sushi which kept coming endlessly. While the youngerest grinned happily at the sight of her favourite food and started dancing in her seat. 

 

"Are you going to finish them?" Joohyun questioned, in disbelieve while Yerim looked at her and nodded confidently.

 

"You ordered everything from the menu, didn't you?"

 

It was one of the thing that made it difficult for Seulgi to take care and raise up the younger girl. 

 

Since young, she had the appetite of a sumo westler. While others of her age ate two pieces of chicken, she ate ten pieces. When it comes to sushi, no one could beat her. 

 

"Eat slowly, you will chock." Seulgi chunckled as she watches Yerim stuffing two pieces of crabmeat sushi into . The latter shrugged and ignore her sister's advise. 

 

"Ahh~"

 

Joohyun cooed as she placed a piece of salmon sushi infront of Seulgi. The younger looked at her then back to Yerim who was watching them in amusement and with them slight glint of mischievous in Yerim's orbs. Knowing the younger at the back of her hands, Seulgi knew that she was planning something in her evil mind. 

 

"Don't you know that Seulgi unnie is allergic to salmon?" Yerim scoffed, glaring daggers and Joohyun who quirked a brow and looked at the sushi inbetween her choptick before diverting her attention back to Seulgi with a frown.

 

"No? She likes salmon." Joohyun blinks in confusion as she remembered how she woke up once in the middle of the night to get salmon sushi for her lover when Seulgi was craving badly for it during her sleepover. Heck, she finished the whole salmon back herself and she is still perfectly fine the next day without any scratch of rashes. 

 

Seulgi laughes inwardly at the weird test Yerim is coming up with out of nowhere. She opened and took the salmon sushi, smiling gratefully towards the oldest of the three. 

 

"She's just testing you. I love salmon"

 

"Nope." Joohyun shook her head and winked at her girlfriend, "You like salmon. The one you love is Bae Joohyun or aka me or aka Your Hyunnie." 

 

Seulgi cheeks was immediately flushed red, making Joohyun feel contented and proud of the effect she had on the younger. 

 

"Stop your flirtings or i'll throw my chopsticks at you." 

Joohyun froze at the stern voice of Yerim who was cringing at how sappy she was.

 

"Tch." Joohyun muttered under her breath, thinking that she's the only one who could hear her in thoughts, "you ordered the entire menu and you still have the guts to tell me what to do."

 

A hiss was heard and Joohyun could feel a nudge from Seulgi. Looking up she saw Yerim shooting her daggers and it was as if steam was coming out from her ear. 

 

"You're unhappy that the tabs are on you?" 

 

Joohyun instantly shook her head with and a forced polite smile, "Of course not! If it's for Seulgi I could even buy the whole sushi resturant for you!" 

 

Fortunately, Yerim seemed to be in a good mood because of the food laid infront of her. She let Joohyun off and continued digging in while the latter subconsciously let out a sigh of relief. 

 

"I'm sorry." Joohyun whipped her head towards Seulgi who leaned in closely to her and whispered to her ear while they held hands under the table secretly, to not let them get caught by Yerim. Feeling comforted by Seulgi's soft hands, Joohyun merely nod and smile at the latter in assurance.

 

"So why do you love Seulgi unnie?" 

 

Yerim questioned all of a sudden while she takes a slight break from her devouring. It was an expected question. Yet, Joohyun didnt know how to reply her.

 

Not because she didn't know why. 

It's because by the time she finishes talking about it, it would probably be a decade later. 

 

"It's simple." Joohyun looks at Seulgi with a smile, her eyes dripping sweet honey down. It was full of affections and love. Anyone who aren't blind, would know that Joohyun she madly in love with Seulgi. She just looks at the younger girl so gently yet full of intense love and adoration. 

 

"I just love her everything."

 

It came out softer than Joohyun had expected as she let herself get drown into Seulgi's warm hazel brown orbs. Everytime she look into the younger's attractive eyes, never once did they fail to make her fall even more. If that's even possible. 

 

And it wasn't just how beautiful her eyes were that kept capturing Joohyun's attention. It was how each time she looks at it, they show different emotions.

She loves to see how they slowly reflect off the same emotion as hers each day. 

She loves how she could feel Seulgi's gratitude and love through her eyes. 

She loves how they just let their eyes do the talking. 

 

 

 

"Ugh. You're surely cheesier than my favourite cheese balls." Yerim scoffed, trying to sound annoyed, not knowning that her small smile failed her badly.

 

"I'm even more sappy when I'm alone with Seulgi." Joohyun says, clingy herself onto her younger girlfriend who was blushing for the nth time, "Right baby?" 

 

Seulgi nodded with and idiotic grin, "No joke."

Though it wasn't the first time, Joohyun was still appalled whenever Seulgi initiate a kiss. Moreover, in front of her baby sister who buldge her eyes out at the kissing scene.

 

"Tell me why the heck do I need to witness this sicknening sweet scene." Yerim complained after the couple pull away from their sweet moment. 

 

Seulgi only laughed at her sister after caressing Joohyun's soft hair gently while Joohyun was trying very ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter