Of Hometown and Past

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Seulgi unnie! Play with me!" An eleven years old brunette skipped happily towards a sleeping Seulgi and shook her shoulder, trying to wake her up from her afternoon nap.

Groaning, Seulgi fluttered her eyes open, preparing herself to snare at that person who distrubed her beauty sleep. However, when she saw her little sister standing infront of her with her wide grin, all of her annoyance vanished. 

She sat up from her bed and ruffled the younger's hair with a small smile.

 

"Myemmie, didn't you see that i'm napping?" 

 

Yerim shrugs and hopped onto the older's lap, "Stop calling me with that ugly nickname! You are sleeping too much unnie! You need to play with your cute dongsaeng!" 

Seeing how her younger sister was pouting cutely at her, Seulgi could only give in and let Yerim pull her out of her room. Seulgi already knew Yerim would be bringing her to the playground near their house.

 

The younger loves the playground there.

 

Which was one of the reasons why her father wanted to move from Seoul to Busan.

 

Yerim was the precious daughter in the family and it wasnt a hidden secret that Seulgi wasn't her biological sister.

 

When Seulgi was only eight of age, she started to wonder why her surname was different from the two-year old younger sister. But she knew better to question her foster father about it when he was going through a divorce with Yerim's mother.

Since the divorce went through smoothly, their father  Kim Sejoon was the one who brought them up. He had to work five part time jobs to feed the family. And naturally, Seulgi took up the role of mom in the household. 

She changed the diapers of Yerim, make her meals, did all the laundry at home and played with Yerim. Although they might not have the same DNA and blood, Seulgi still loves Yerim as her own younger sister. 

 

"Unnie! Push me!" Yerim shouted as she pulled Seulgi to the swing.

"Hold tight. You're gonna fly!" The older chunckled before placing her hands on Yerim's back and pushed the younger forward. Seulgi would get so much happier than Yerim when the younger would burst out into laughters. 

Seulgi swears that she would never leave Yerim, that she would take care of her till she reach legal age. But everything changes when she met her first-love. 

 

 

Seulgi was nineteen.

Yerim was fourteen.

 

"Seulgi unnie... Please don't leave.... i'll be a good girl and listen to you. I won't pull pranks on you anymore so please don't leave with that unnie! If not i will hate you forever." 

 

Seulgi remembered clearly how she was blinded by love and forget about her love for her younger sister. 

Seulgi rememebered how she coldly brushed Yerim away and walked out of the house. 

Seulgi remembered clearly how Yerim had desperately called after her yet she didn't even turn back once. 

 

 

 

"Nabi? Seulgi-ah?"

A snap of a finger pulled Seulgi out of her trance as she recalled her past. She smile sheepishly at the older guy infront of her who had his hand out, a sliver key lying on his palm.

"I've got the car ready for you, you can go anytime you want." Heechul says. 

Seulgi nods and took the key, "Thanks, oppa. I'll make sure there's no scratch on the car." 

Heechul rolls his eyes and ruffled Seulgi's hair, "I don't care if the car is scratched. Just make sure you come back alive."

The younger laughs, "Who do you think am i? I;m a driver with license okay?"

"Right. The last time i sat on your car was the first time i felt so scared in life." 

Seulgi frown and hit Heechul's shoulder, "Hey! It was because i just got my license not long ago."

"I'm just kidding. Why get so work up?" Heechul teased. But pulls out a straight face instantly, "But i'm serious when i say that you need to make sure that you come back as a piece."

 

The girl smiles and nodded.

 "Don't worry." 

 

Heechul was one of the few people who helped her during her time of needs. They met in a bar where Seulgi once worked as a part-time singer. Heechul had approached her and told her that he wants to cast her for his company. To cut the story short, it Heechul was a great stepping stone for her. Although Seulgi had rejected his casting without any hestitations, he was still persistent about it. He would keep visiting Seulgi and try to convince her. At the end, Seulgi still decided to stick to her decision. Despite that, he still helped Seulgi to get into a dance academy after learning that it was her passion. Since then, Seulgi was able to earn a living and also enabled her to do what she loves, killing two birds with one stone.

 

It was an understatement to say that Seulgi was extremely thankful towards Heechul for treating her like a younger sister. It almost felt like she was Heechul's sister during their past life. 

 

"I'll repay you someday."

Heechul formed his gummy smile, "Yeah, come and debut under my company. That would be the best repayment ever." 

Seulgi rolled her eyes, "See you soon, need to rush off for my lesson." 

Heechul nods and waves with a motherly smile, "Sincerely, hope you will find your family soon,Seulgi-ah."

The brunette smiles, "me too."

 

 

 

 

Spotting no familiar violet-haired girl standing in the studio, brought frown onto Seulgi's face. It wasn't like Joohyun to miss her lessons. Not like she had attended many, but Seulgi knew Joohyun wouldn't miss out a chance to see her.

 

Unless Joohyun had gave up on her. 

 

"Alright, class. Is anyone not here?" Seulgi decided to shook her thoughts off and questioned the class as she fliped open the attendance file.

 

"Arin is sick!" YooA reported, "Chaeyeon, Joohyun unnie and Yongsun unnie is not here too." 

Seulgi nodded as she marked those four names, "Do you know why, YooA?"

The student merely shook her head and looked around when Jieqiong raises her hand.

"Chaeyeon unnie's currenly overseas. Thats all i know."

Seulgi smiles, "Thanks, Jieqiong."

 

She looked down and stared at Joohyun's name for a moment before shaking her head again and started the lesson. 

 

She's not gonna lie that she's worried about Joohyun. Seulgi was worried if she was still sick from the heavy rain that day. Furthermore, she would be canceling the lesson for the next two weeks. Since she's going back to Busan.

Maybe its because they had been spending time together for the past few days, that made Seulgi feel a little disappointed when Joohyun still didnt show up after the lesson had ended. 

 

"Alright, so please remember that there would not be any classes for the next two week  "

 

"   Why?" 

 

A familar soft voice interuppted her closing. Seulgi glanced at the door and saw a panting Joohyun whose face screamed confusion. The instructor ignored her for the time being and directed her attention back to the class.

 

"Lesson will resume in April. Dismissed." 

 

All of the students scattered out of the studio with their worn out body while Joohyun still remained frozen behind the door. Seulgi glances at her and chunckled alittle. She didn't know why but felt relieve that she was able to see the shorter girl before she set off for her hometown.

 

"Are you just going to stand there and not tell me why you are late?" Seulgi questioned as she packed her belongings up. 

Joohyun frowned as she made her way towards Seulgi, "What do you mean that lessons will only resume in April? You're canceling the lessons? For what?""

Seulgi shrugs, "I will be away from Seoul for two weeks." 

The older widen her eyes in surprise, "Where are you going?"

 

"Busan."

"Busan?"

 

Seulgi sighs and nodded, "i have something important to do there." 

Upon hearing the sudden news, Joohyun could only remain mum and stand there. 

 

"So why are you late? I think as your instructor, i deserve an answer?" 

Joohyun avoided her eyecontact as she apologized, "I'm sorry, my meeting ended late and i tried rushing here but the lesson already ended. Yongsun was held back as well."

Seulgi nodded and took down the reason, since she needs to report it to BoA, "Alright, we will set the makeup lesson after i'm back." 

 Looking at Joohyun who was pouting and obviously disappointed about the fact that she wouldnt be able to see Seulgi for two weeks, made Seulgi feel bad.

 

But oh well, she needs to find Yerim and her father. 

She need their forgiveness or else she's going to live in gulit for the rest of her life.

 

"Joohyun, i'm leaving soon. Are you going to stay here?" 

The latter looked up at her while bitting on her lower lips hestitantly, "Can i follow you there?"

 

"Erm. No?" 

Seulgi wasn't ready to tell Joohyun her past yet and she was going there to find her family. It doesnt seems make any sense to bring Joohyun along with her. Furthermore, Joohyun has her own work too. 

 

"Why not? Are you going there to find your childhood lover and have fun with her or what?"Joohyun glared, not knowing that it hit Seulgi on her weak spot. 

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and sling her band over her shoulder, muttering coldly, "You don't even know anything."

 

"...Then tell me."

 

Seulgi turns back and saw Joohyun's eyes. She knew she had hurt Joohyun who was innocent and who purely just wants to know her more. 

Her hand leaves the door knob and found its way around Joohyun's waist instead, initiating a hug.

 

"I'm sorry, Joohyun."

Though appalled by the younger's sudden action, Joohyun still managed to snuggle herself into Seulgi's neck and feel the younger's warm hug. 

 

"When are you leaving?"

"After this."

"So soon?"

 

Seulgi nodded as she pulls back. 

"Then can we exchange numbers?" Joohyun shyly asks, "s-since you know. I will be worried about you." 

The younger chunckled and nodded, letting Joohyun punch her number into her phone and also calling hers so that she could also get Seulgi's number. 

 

"Here."

Seulgi took her phone back as an amused smile spreaded across her face when she saw the name saved under Joohyun's number. 

 

"Wifey?" Seulgi teased as she saw how Joohyun's pale cheeks changed to shades of red. 

"Since when did i gain myself a wife?"

 

Joohyun glares, "Since you tainted me the day i was sicked."

Widening her eyes, Seulgi exclaimed, "Why are you still on it? I already told you nothing happened!"

Joohyun laughs, "I was just kidding!"

"You are so triggered! If it didnt happened why are you so touchy about it?" Joohyun wiggled her brows with a smirk.

Knowning that Joohyun was just messing with her, Seulgi chunckled and shoves her phone into her pocket which Joohyun was glad that the younger didnt changed the contact name.

 

Slience then englufed them as they just stared at each other. No words was exchanged for the last five mintues. It was just intense stares. 

Seulgi who was staring at Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter