Of Wounds and Shattered Glass

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say Joohyun was worried, was an understatement. She had been fiddling with her phone for the past hours, Yongsun noted. It wasn't the first time she had seen her bestfriend in that state -Brows frowned, lower lips nibbled, eyes glistened with worrisome and hands typing on the screen every five minutes.

 

"What's wrong? You've been like this since two days ago." Yongsun questioned as she entered the latter's office to see her in the same stressed expression. 

 

Joohyun closed her eyes and grunted, "Seulgi's missing."

 

"Missing?"

 

The director nodded, "She's not replying or answering any of my calls for two days already." She looked at Yongsun as fear crawls into her, "I'm scared, Yongsun." 

 

The light-browned haired sighed as she places some files onto Joohyun's desk only to realise that the younger had not even touched the files that she placed yesterday and the day before. 

She slightly glared daggers at her bestfriend who was still in her own world. Yongsun didn't know how to deal with Joohyun anymore. She's starting to doubt if the appearance of the hot instructor was benefitting. 

Aside from making her bestfriend fall deep in love with her and let her have a glimps of how Joohyun was like when in love, Seulgi was nothing but a troube and torture for both Joohyun and Yongsun. 

Yongsun could see how Joohyun has been neglecting her works whenever she couldn't reach the younger girl. Heck, she even skipped three meals yesterday because she got so worried over the girl. 

 

"Bae Joohyun." Yongsun folded her arms as she called out to her friend firmly, "You need to stop this."

"Stop what?"

"You need to stop neglecting your duties and health just because you can't reach Seulgi." 

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes, "I'm not. I'm still in the office alright? I came for work and i already ate my lunch."

 

The latter scrowled and slammed her hands onto the table, making Joohyun jolt up in surprise. It was the first time she had seen the usually bubbly and hyper Yongsun getting so annoyed and serious. 

 

"Are you kidding me now, Bae?" Yongsun's orbs turned cold and icy, "How about you explain yourself about the piles of application files i placed here since yesterday? Its still in the freaking same place left untouched! And who was the one who locked herself in the office and wouldn't want to eat her meals? It was me who dragged you out to have lunch, you bunny!" 

 

Upon the latter's outburst, Joohyun could only look down the ground in guilt. Now that she think back, she realized she had been pushing her duties to Yongsun for the past few days while she was preoccupied with the thoughts of Seulgi. 

 

"I'm sorry, Yong." Joohyun sighes and ranked her hair, "I-I'm just worried about Seulgi."

 

Seeing how Joohyun seemed to be guilty and worried, Yongsun didnt have the heart to be angry anymore.

 

"Just finish them by six in the evening. Don't forget that we have the last round of interview at six-thirty too." Yongsun reminded coldly.

 

Joohyun just nodded without any words, not wanting to continue the argument. 

 

"You know i support you guys right?" Yongsun spun around, reaching for the knob before glancing back once, "But I might change my mind if you keep on acting like this, Joo."

 

It was one of the bigger argument the bestfriend had since childhood. Joohyun groaned in frustration as she leaned back and stared at the piles of tasks she had not touched. 

 

"Ugh, Kang Seulgi. You're messing me up." Joohyun shut off her phone and threw it far away from her before clearing up her mind to finish up her task at hand.

 

 

 

 

"FINALLY." Joohyun shuts her eyes tightly as if it would fight off the aching in her head. Hours of staring at papers and screens had been straining her eyes too much. But she was glad she had finished them, hoping that it would make her bestfriend feel better.

 

"Are you alright?" Flinching from the sudden gentle voice, Joohyun opened her eyes and found a freshly brewed coffee sitting comfortably on her desk. She looked up and saw her colleague, Choi Minho staring down at her with a smile. 

 

"Hey Minho." Joohyun greeted, "Thanks for the coffee."

 

The taller guy smiled, "No problem. Is everything fine? You seemed so stressed up." 

 

Joohyun sighed and shook her head, "No. Everything is so messed up, right now. But no worries, i'm sure i'll be fine." 

 

Seeing how the girl doesn't want to talk about her worries, Minho doesn't pry into it but just nod in understanding which Joohyun was grateful for. 

 

"Are you ready for the interview? And did you fought with Yongsun? She asked me to call you out for the interview." Minho questioned while Joohyun awkwardly nodded with a shrug, "Just girls stuffs."

 

"Well, i hope you guys reconcile soon. She looks pretty bothered about it as well." 

 

Joohyun nodded, "I will. You can go first. I'll just pack me stuffs before heading down." 

 

The latter pat Joohyun's head before nodding and left her alone to finish up her business.

 

"Let's just get this over and done, Joohyun." She cheered herself up as she cleared her table and took some files needed for the interview in her hands before retrieving her phone that she tossed earlier on.

 

She headed towards the elevator while waiting for her phone to re-start. Once her phone was restarted, it started vibrating like theres no tomorrow. Frowning, she pressed the home button and saw tons of missed calls. 

 

You have 12 missed calls from Wifey 💕

 

Widening her eyes, Joohyun felt her heart thumpijg wildly. She prompty ree of the missed call and pressed in onto her ear.

 

"SEULGI!!!" Joohyun exclaimed once the line got through, "WHY DID YOU IGNORE MY MESSAGES AND CALLS? DID YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED AM I" 

 

"Wah, chill." Joohyun frown was deeper when she heard a icy, cold girlish voice 

 

"Who are you?"

 

"Seulgi's friend, Soojung" The other line continued, "I have no idea if you're her wife or friend but you are the only person who kept contacting Seulgi for the past few days apart from this Seungwan girl who is in Canada right now. So we had no choice but to seek you for help." 

 

"Help?"

 

"Seulgi's in trouble. Are you able to come over now?" 

 

Joohyun swore her heart almost dropped when she heard the words Seulgi and trouble in one sentence. 

 

"SEND ME THE FREAKING DAMN ADDRESS NOW." 

 

Ignoring those screams and calling from Minho and Yongsun when she left them with the required materials for the interveiw, Joohyun fled to the carpark and started her engine but only to find out that she had ran out of gas.

 

"Damn it!"

 

 

 

 

 

"What in the worl-"

 

All of them couldn't help but let their jaw drop on the ground when they see a helicopter landing infront of them a few meters away. It was the first time they had seen a helicopter landing infront of them. Imagine their surprise when they see the Prime Minister daughter running towards them as soon as she got off the helicopter.

 

"WHERE THE HECK IS SEULGI?" Joohyun screamed as she panted while her wife's group of friends were still stun by her flashy entrance.

 

"Ugh." Joohyun rolled her eyes as she poked the Sehun's arms who was the nearest to her.

 

"Y-You... Arent you the Prime Minister daughter, Bae Joohyun?" Sehun gulped as he snapped out of his trance. 

 

Joohyun doesn't know if she should be amused or to be annoyed at how they are asking silly questions when she was all worried about Seulgi.

 

"Yes i am. So will you guys please tell me where on earth is my wife?" 

 

"H-How?" Mijoo stupidly questioned, still amazed by the fact that she get to see the famous Bae Joohyun in real life  

 

Joohyun's patience was at her limit. She folded her arms as she threatened them, "One more question and you guys will regret." 

 

All of them shut their mouths up and didnt asked any questions nor answered Joohyun's question, making the eldest of all sigh.

 

"No doubt you guys are Seulgi's friends." Joohyun muttered, "So dumb." 

 

Soojung frowned as she stepped forward, "What did you just said?"

 

Joohyun shrugged, "nothing. Just tell me what happened to Seulgi." 

 

Joohyun and Soojung had a staring contest, both icy and cold. The older hated how Soojung looked at her. It was the first time she felt so offened by how one looked so rudely at her. If she wasnt Seulgi's friend, Joohyun swore she would have already digged her eyes out. 

 

"I'll do the explaining." This time, Kai stood out and pulled Soojung away, easing the tension. 

 

"I was walking home, and then i stepped onto Seulgi's phone that was lying on the ground. If you're close to her, you would know how klutz she is. I thought she just accidentally dropped her phone or something so i went to her house, wanting to give it back to her. But then i saw her talking with Naeun's mother   "

 

"   Naeun?"

 

Kai quirked his brow at Joohyun's question, "erm. Seulgi's ex-girlfriend." 

He almost pissed in his pant when he saw how Joohyun glared at him at the mention of her wife's ex-girlfriend. He looked away and cleared his throat, continuing.

 

"It looked quite serious and i don't think i had the right to interrupt them. So i just stood there until they finished their conversation. However, when Seulgi walked to me, her eyes were red and puffy. It looked like she'd cried. I wasn't one who is good at comforting. I asked her why she was crying but she ignored me and went in to her house. She wouldn't want to open her door and talk to her no matter how much we tried for the past few days." 

 

Sulli pouted as she listened, "Yeah... then we kept recieving those sappy messages and calls from you. We didnt know if we should pick them up but at the end we had no choice because we thought that you might be able to help Seulgi if you are her wife."

Joohyun shrugged and turned to her left pointing to the door that had a bear doorbell, "Is that her house?" 

 

All of them nodded as Sehun smiled bitterly, "Please help her. I don't want to see her hurting anymore." 

 

Joohyun turned to stare at them one by one. She could tell they were all true friends. Then her eyes met with Soojung's. 

 

Jung Soojung. 

 

She had been glaring daggers at her since she had landed. So she called out to her, "hey you, what's your problem? Why are you being so rude when we just met?"

 

Soojung rolled her eyes as she walked closer to the older, "I don't care if you are a princess or a Prime Minister's daughter. But if you let us find out you hurt our baby bear, be prepared to face our wrath."

"Yes, i don't care if we will get our head chopped off if we do something to you. But if you mess with Seulgi, you mess with all of us." Mijoo added. 

Joohyun could tell how protective they were yet Sehun had just to break that impression. 

 

"Well, i don't mind if you dump Seulgi and date me instead." He grinned, obviously checking the director out. Joohyun flashed a mencing smile at him before turning to the rest of them while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter