Of Rival and Psychological Battle

Of Invulnerability and Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: A litte rated M towards the end!!!

 

 

 

 

Joohyun had never dreaded to work on Monday till now.

Who knows out of every single creatures in this universe, she just had to put her lover's ex under her wing?

 

"Hyunnie~ C'mon you need to get up for work! You're almost late now..." 

 

Sometimes Seulgi wonders who was the younger one between the two of them. For Joohyun was hugging her waist tightly with both her arms and legs while whinning and shaking her head like a kindergarten kid who didn't want to go school. 

 

"Baby...can we just stay in bed for another day? I really don't want to go for work today."

Seulgi quirked a brow and looked at her girlfriend, "Why? I thought you like going work."

 

"Well, not after knowing that I would have to face your first love."

 

Joohyun just merely pouted and snuggle herself up against Seulgi's neck, trailing small kisses on the exposed neck till she reaches the younger's luscious pink lips. Smiling a little at their eye-contact, the violet-haired beauty leaned in to capture the latter's strawberry lips. 

 

Wanting to persuade the younger girl to allow her pleads and whines, Joohyun purposely made the kiss passionate and slow yet heated at the same time. Hoping that their little fervent kiss would help mal-function part of Seulgi's brain. 

 

Who knows?

It might even lead to something else. 

 

 

 

"Hyunnie..."

 

Seulgi pulled back first and swiftly avoided her lover's advance for another kiss before giving her a look of disapproval.

 

"I need to go for work as well, my lesson is starting in an hour time..." 

 

The older the grinned and pressed her body against the younger, "That's great then. You shall accompany me for another fourty-five mintues in bed. I'll send you to work later on." 

 

Upon hearing that, Seulgi frowned, "What? But you'll be late for work, Joohyun."

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes and pecked the younger's now slightly bruised lips, "I told you i'm not going for work today."

 

"Bu   "

 

"    I'm not going to kiss you anymore if i hear another word from you regarding this. I have the final say and I don't want to go work." 

 

Taking Joohyun's soft hand, Seulgi kissed each knuckles gently and chunckled. "Oh trust me, you will break that rule a few seconds later."

 

Knowing that the taller was right with her words, Joohyun pouted and pulled her hand away, cupping Seulgi's chubby cheeks instead, "Aww baby please? I just want to spend more time with you..." 

 

"Aren't the past three days enough?"

 

"No. I want to see you 24/7."

 

Seulgi throws her head back and laugh, "Me too. But no I have to get you in your office if not Yongsun unnie is going too give me another earful lecture for causing you to neglect your work. She told me that you haven't completed some projects."

 

Joohyun eyes widened, her face distorted in mixture of disbelieve and frustrations, "THAT BETRAYER! I told her not to tell you anything!"

 

The brunette smiles before the latter's hair, "I'm your girlfriend, I have the full rights to know how you're coping with your work. And I don't really think it's good that you're neglecting your duties because of me, Hyunnie. It will just make me feel bad as a girlfriend."

 

Still, Joohyun wouldn't change her mind of not going for work. 

 

"What about this?" Seulgi decided to change her tactics. 

 

"If you go for work today, I'll accompany you for that forty-mintues in bed. But if you don't go today or rest of the other days unless you're sick, then I will leave you now and I'll not kiss or meet you for the rest of the week till Yongsun unnie tells me your done with your projects." 

 

Joohyun grumbles, "That's not fair! You're using my tactics against me!"

 

"Oh it's a psychological battle, Joohyun." Seulgi smiles charmingly, "...and I shall be the winner."

 

Wasting no time, Joohyun pulls Seulgi in for another cuddling and occasionally kissing session before she mentally prepares herself for another battle in the company.

 

Let's just hope that there's no physical battle with fist and ripping of each other hairs involved.

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun was wrong. 

Maybe a physical battle would be much better than another psychological battle. 

 

"You know, the reason why I came back was to actually look for my girlfriend whom I left three years ago because of some reason."

 

"So?"

 

"I thought you may help me to find her back."

 

"I don't even know who is your girlfriend, Naeun-ssi."

 

"Oh so you're telling me that there's another Kang Seulgi out there?"

 

Joohyun would prefer the new employee to vent her anger and frustrations out in a fist slash hair ripping fight once and for all, instead of having Naeun smiling at her so angelic as yet laced with mencing gaze.

She thought she could read people's mind well, but heck she has no idea what's going on in her lover's ex girlfriend mind.

 

"Pardon?"

 

Naeun smirked as she placed the files on Joohyun's marbled desk, "Eventhough I wasnt physically by Seulgi's side, but my mind and heart is always with her."  

The rivals exchanged strong gazes for a good the seconds before Joohyun imitdated the younger's mencing smile, "You've lost your chance three years ago when you decided to leave her."

Naeun shrugged, "But we didn't broke up."

"You leaving is as good as ending the relationship, don't you know?"

The blonde rolled her eyes as she turned her heels, "Seulgi will be mine again, Ms.Bae."

 

Joohyun tried. 

She tried all ways to remove Naeun from her and Seulgi's life. But Naeun is just like a bee that keeps coming for honey and nectar. And it's not helping her when even her chairman is standing on Naeun's side.

 

"Give me a good reason to fire her, Joohyun."

"Look, sir. You know i don't go against your decision. But please, just this time. Listen to me. She isn't any good for the company."

'I can't Joohyun."

"Can't?"

"Yes. Can't."

 

It's obvious now how Naeun came in by pulling some strings. So Joohyun soon gives up on trying to kick the younger out of the company.

Instead, Joohyun tried avoiding Naeun throughout the week. She didnt assigned any difficult task for the younger so that she wouldnt have to explain to much things to her. Also, she gave lots of freedom to her, didn't ordered her to brew her a coffee or get her some paper when her printer ran out of it. It all became Yura's job which Joohyun was quite apologetic about it. 

Yet, after all of it efforts, Naeun would appear in her office even without the older asking for her. 

 

And its honestly adding onto the pile of stress Joohyun is feeling with all her projects and Naeun's tauntings. Sometimes she would just break down in tears unwittingly when Seulgi hugs her to sleep at night. Which of course startled her young girlfriend who thought she accidentally hugged the older too hard.

 

"Why are you crying, Hyun? Are you hurt?" Seulgi questioned when she felt her shirt getting wet and how the older was shaking in her embrance.

 

Joohyun could only shake her head and tighten her clutch on the younger's pajamas.

 

"J-Just...H..Hug me to sleep..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ms Bae."

"What is it now?" Joohyun questioned, annoyed at how Naeun kept interrupting her during her break time, especially when she was about to contact Seulgi. 

 

Naeun shrugged off with a little smile which pisses Joohyun off everytime she sees it, "I'm just wondering what do you always do during break time." 

 

Rolling her eyes secretly at the younger subordinate, Joohyun faked a smile, "I believe it's none of your busines    "

 

The director looked down at her phone which was buzzing and panicked alittle when she saw an incoming call from Seulgi. She bit onto her lower lips as she darted her eyes back and forth from the phone then to Naeun who was looking at her in amusement. 

 

"Why aren't you picking your phone up?" Naeun questioned, her smirk even wider than before while Joohyun clenched her phone tightly in her hands. 

 

"If she wants to play this game, so be it."

 

 

"Are you sure you want to stay in here? Because I'm pretty sure you are going to cringe at how sweet we're going to be." Joohyun challenged and wore an satisfied grin when she noticed how the smirk on the latter's lips ceased and how her brows slowly knitted together as Joohyun accepted the call.

 

"Seullgiiiiii~" Joohyun cooed extra-sweetly, "are you calling because you missed me?"

 

"......What the heck, Joohyun unnie? That's how you talk to my unnie?

 

Though Joohyun was surprised that it was Yerim on the other line, she knew she had to pull out an act as Naeun was watching her with hawk eyes.

 

"Aww. Babyyy I missed you too."

 

"Excuse me? I'm not Seulgi unnie! Don't you even recognize your own girlfriend's voice?!"

 

Joohyun secretly lowered the volume so she wouldn't be exposed by Yerim's exclaim.

 

"Yeahhh alright. I'll be there in the evening, wait for me at home okay?"

 

Joohyun trails as her eyes followed Naeun who glared daggers at her and stormed out of her office. The young director smiles victorious at the battle she won before directing her attention back to the phone call.

 

"Joohyun unnie? HELLOOOOO?"

 

"Oh yes what y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter